Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Rinkles posted:

Could Sony afford T2, even if they wanted?

That's what I was wondering. I may be misremembering but wasn't the PlayStation division like the only branch of Sony that wasn't hemorrhaging money for awhile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

She's an adult, it isn't Kiryus place to judge her kink

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Basically I want a game with an excellent Yakuza plot and cutscene direction with a GTA size world.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Morby posted:

Basically I want a game with an excellent Yakuza plot and cutscene direction with a GTA size world.

I don’t.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Small, dense open world full of content > Large, empty open world lacking in content

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hamsystem posted:

That's what I was wondering. I may be misremembering but wasn't the PlayStation division like the only branch of Sony that wasn't hemorrhaging money for awhile?

Sony made like 30% on every rdr and gta digital sale and mtx and also like 10% on every physical disc sold so now imagine the same profits coming to them from every game release and its pretty frickin huge

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Yakuza probably has the same amount of content as GTA just in a tiny tiny package

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

When someone's sends you to Don quijote you dont look at your map. You just go.

Throwing away all the familiarity and density for a false sense of scale and a travel time tax between activities.

Terrible idea

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Unless everybody expects the next Xbox to tank, exclusivity would be forgoing a whole lot of money.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't collect LP's anymore and I don't really listen to game soundtracks, but this is pretty cool. probably not a bad investment either tbh.

https://mondotees.com/collections/new/products/the-last-of-us-original-score-volume-1-2xlp

https://mondotees.com/collections/new/products/the-last-of-us-original-score-volume-two-2xlp

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

Unless everybody expects the next Xbox to tank, exclusivity would be forgoing a whole lot of money.

Yeah for t2i to do it as a 3rd party would be dumb as hell. Sony would only do it if they thought it would drive sales which im not convinced they need help doing.

My point was that sony makes more than any one publisher because they parasitize off all publishers at once. I do not think the rumors are legit.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Size is irrelevant. It’s what you do with the size that matters. Small or large. Both can lead to a wonderful experience.

veni veni veni posted:

I don't collect LP's anymore and I don't really listen to game soundtracks, but this is pretty cool. probably not a bad investment either tbh.

https://mondotees.com/collections/new/products/the-last-of-us-original-score-volume-1-2xlp

https://mondotees.com/collections/new/products/the-last-of-us-original-score-volume-two-2xlp

Ohhh this is tempting!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I bought their Katamari Damacy, Symphony of the Night, and Dracula X albums. They do excellent work. And their Silent Hill 1 and 2 albums are gonna be shipped to me near the end of the month.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kilometers Davis posted:

Size is irrelevant. It’s what you do with the size that matters. Small or large. Both can lead to a wonderful experience.

That’s what she said

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Goddamn ,the telepaths in Prey are an absolute nightmare.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bombadilillo posted:

Throwing away all the familiarity and density for a false sense of scale and a travel time tax between activities.

Terrible idea

Although I think there is a middleground because GTA 3 and Vice City were still small enough that I became very familiar with the game world. It was San Andreas and beyond when I started to need wayfinding and the map most of the time.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

veni veni veni posted:

You can turn them off with this one ability but gently caress me if I can remember its name

Pretty cool because they only have one type of attack, so when you do it all they do is float around helplessly

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

veni veni veni posted:

what skills are you pursuing? mostly human?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can also shut them down with nullwave grenades if you refuse to pollute your body with filthy xeno blood.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 leaked early

Morby posted:

Well, alright. If it's fun to get around in, I guess.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rinkles posted:

what skills are you pursuing? mostly human?

Yeah. My build is pretty lame and utilitarian. Neuromods are so rare and pricey to build I haven’t even tried to dive into any of the psychic stuff.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The pistol is shockingly powerful when upgraded since you can fire it extremely quickly.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

What's the deal with The Outer Worlds? Just heard about it and there hasn't been any chatter about it itt

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The pistol is shockingly powerful when upgraded since you can fire it extremely quickly.

Yeah I live the pistol. It’s so deceptively lame when it’s not upgraded.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

fridge corn posted:

What's the deal with The Outer Worlds? Just heard about it and there hasn't been any chatter about it itt

It's a sci-fi not-Fallout made by the people who made New Vegas. It looks okay and fun but it's still some months off and they only show so much at a time so there's not much else to talk about.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah. My build is pretty lame and utilitarian. Neuromods are so rare and pricey to build I haven’t even tried to dive into any of the psychic stuff.

Did you get the Dissection skill? It's a must-have if you want to craft Neuromods.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Policenaut posted:

It's a sci-fi not-Fallout made by the people who made New Vegas. It looks okay and fun but it's still some months off and they only show so much at a time so there's not much else to talk about.

Cool

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Idk if it was mentioned Path of Exile got a release date for the 26th.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

fridge corn posted:

The dude's dummy thick in the trailer but that's all we've got to go off of for now.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 14, 2019

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
At first RICO seems like a steaming pile, a mistake of a Gamefly rental. On further playing...it isn't! It's a cool little title to go along with my current playthroughs of Hong Kong Massacre and Maximum Action. Shame there is absolutely nobody playing it so I can co-op.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Samuringa posted:

Did you get the Dissection skill? It's a must-have if you want to craft Neuromods.

Funnily enough, I got that skill and went scavenging for resources to get the skill to disable the telepaths attacks, and one neuromod short, it locked me out of making them lol. So I went back to the arboretum to get to the quest to get them back, and oh hey there’s a nightmare and like 5 phantoms there now.

It’s been over an hour long derail of what I was trying to do in the first place which is annoying but also kind of what makes this game good too.

Also I realized my main resource issues have been metal and not exotic material. I’ve got like 20 pounds of exotic but I’m always picking up tin cans to get one unit of metal because I make too many bullets.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bombadilillo posted:

Terrible idea

I stopped playing GTA4 because after driving to the strip club, then driving to the bowling alley, then driving to whatever mission was after that, I realized I was basically commuting

This is also why I hated GTA5 heists. I bought it just to play heists with people and I hated it. Never touched the single-player past the tutorial

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I thought about this the other day, the only thing GTA has going for it is production value, the millions they spent on it. The story is trash, the characters are unrelatable, hateful and grating, the world is an unpleasant place to spend time in due to the obnoxious and clumsy infantile "satire" and the game controls like poo poo. The euphoria physics engine is fantastic but not when it applies to your character because then you have the turning radius of a supertanker. Tapping a button to run and sacrificing camera control is one of the dumbest design choices ever made when every game in the universe puts all movement on the left stick.

I wonder if it had gotten the glowing reviews it did if it hadn't had Grand Theft Auto V on the box.

It looks and sounds good. That's about it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Best thing about GTA5 was the soundtrack, by a wide margin

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

acksplode posted:

Best thing about GTA5 was the soundtrack, by a wide margin

They paid for it, for sure. Personally I've liked the soundtrack of each GTA game less and less since Vice City. In GTAV I mostly kept the radio turned off.

E: I did appreciate having references to San Andreas and Los Santos instead of Los Angeles in the songs, though. Nice attention to detail, at least. Playing through Mafia 3 was weird when most songs mention New Orleans instead of New Bordeaux.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stare-Out posted:

I thought about this the other day, the only thing GTA has going for it is production value, the millions they spent on it. The story is trash, the characters are unrelatable, hateful and grating, the world is an unpleasant place to spend time in due to the obnoxious and clumsy infantile "satire" and the game controls like poo poo. The euphoria physics engine is fantastic but not when it applies to your character because then you have the turning radius of a supertanker. Tapping a button to run and sacrificing camera control is one of the dumbest design choices ever made when every game in the universe puts all movement on the left stick.

I wonder if it had gotten the glowing reviews it did if it hadn't had Grand Theft Auto V on the box.

It looks and sounds good. That's about it.

I agree but also people like guns and swears so it would probably still sell

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

I agree but also people like guns and swears so it would probably still sell

Also ~*brands*~ sell. One of the main reasons GTA became a success was because of its abundant violence (and being one of the first proper "realistic" open worlds on console) but everyone can do that now. Just not with the money Rockstar has, yet because they're on top on sales they can do what they want and their games will still sell, no matter how they design the games.

If Sony bought them it would be nuts. No way is that going to happen.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Franklin and Lamar are a good comedy duo and also the ragdoll physics are funny and good

I'm also super charmed by the slow, lumbering way the PC moves in every Rockstar game and how totally different it feels to the frictionless Ubisoft glide. They make a lot of questionable design decisions but that one is both clearly intentional and rules

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I will admit that Franklin, out of the three protagonists, is the one standout and borderline relatable and like I said, Euphoria is great; as a fan of ragdolls I appreciate having an on command ragdoll button in GTAV. As for the controls, would you still not prefer walk on "push stick slightly" run on "push stick all the way" and sprint on "push stick in" as opposed to the current way it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Stare-Out posted:

I will admit that Franklin, out of the three protagonists, is the one standout and borderline relatable and like I said, Euphoria is great; as a fan of ragdolls I appreciate having an on command ragdoll button in GTAV. As for the controls, would you still not prefer walk on "push stick slightly" run on "push stick all the way" and sprint on "push stick in" as opposed to the current way it is?

I'm fine with button mashing for run in a series that's supposed to be about getting into a car as soon as possible to make a getaway from the cops. Running is supposed to suck. But I don't like the run button being a face button, taking camera control from the player like you said.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 14, 2019