Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Spent a week at the beach with the family. Finn loves the ocean.

Youngest brother couldn't make it, had three interviews Monday and two on Tuesday. He's moving to Asheville, NC and will be about two hours away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

use Discord since that isn't going anywhere and we have written tools that verify that someone has a forums account and keeps a blacklist that bans the SA discord nazis that try to stomp around

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

In fact I'll fire that up and get BroBot/GDN loaded in right now

You missed the boat

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 18, 2019

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
r/automotiveinsanity

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

r/automotiveinsanity

:hmmyes:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Darchangel posted:

The oil pressure gauge on my Crown Vic *looks* like a gauge, but it's actually an idiot light. It springs to the half-way "ok" point if there is any pressure at all. I have an earlier CV gauge that can be made to be a real pressure gauge - they just use a biasing resistor to make it do the idiot light thing. So does my gauge, but on mine it's built in to the gauge itself, whereas on the earlier one it's on the circuit board on the back of the cluster. I have the sending unit, I just need to get around to pulling the cluster out.

Yeah this is almost every oil pressure gauge and I get why. Looking at the Mustang forums, every other post is "MY OIL PRESSURE GAUGE MOVES AROUND WHEN I DRIVE IS THIS NORMAL". I wouldn't want to work at the dealer and get inundated with that nonsense either.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rhyno posted:

Good thing the forums got funded because Facebook is fuckin imploding.

Is that what is going on? I can't access my biz page I manage and it is bugging out. I don't think I will jump on the patreon wagon but probably just donate via the SA Forum store donation link.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Spent a week at the beach with the family. Finn loves the ocean.

Is that a Bernese mountain dog? My wife and I rented Instant Family on redbox last week and now she wants a dog like that even though we have sworn up and down we would never get a dog. It is fun to think about though.

I have more seriously considering getting a lop eared bunny for the family. I may venture in PI and see more info about what that involves.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

The Door Frame posted:

r/automotiveinsanity

how about r/edditishotgarbage ?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Boy I sure do like it when I buy three things from Amazon across multiple days and all three items arrived fuckin wrecked due to lovely packaging.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

The Door Frame posted:

r/automotiveinsanity

r/redditcangofuckitselfwithaspikedbat

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beverly Cleavage posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

r/redditcangofuckitselfwithaspikedbat

Beverly Cleavage posted:

:thejoke:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
There's a slack.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Boy I sure do like it when I buy three things from Amazon across multiple days and all three items arrived fuckin wrecked due to lovely packaging.

Meanwhile, if I order a small stuffed animal for my kid, it arrives in a one-cubic-yard box stuffed with 0.99 cubic yards of bubble wrap.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Meanwhile, if I order a small stuffed animal for my kid, it arrives in a one-cubic-yard box stuffed with 0.99 cubic yards of bubble wrap.
The box is big enough to allow you to return the kid, should you decide you like the stuffed animal better.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

tetrapyloctomy posted:

I can't remember exactly where I read it, definitely on SA and possibly in this very thread, but from what I recall items are ( always? often? sometimes? ) packaged at the warehouse according to a computer algorithm attempting to optimize pallet capacity/density, i.e tetris. Maybe your kid's little stuffed animal would have fit in a small box but the sorting algorithm knows it will be off the wrapping line and placed onto pallet #4321, which has a remaining capacity of 1.2 cubic yards. The next fifteen items in the queue are either single nailpolish bottles or mattresses, flatpack garden sheds and dining room area rugs. Bam, Teddy Bear gets placed into a one-cubic-yard box and filled with bubble-pack sections and Ryno's glass-shade bedside lamp gets packed in the smaller box to fit on pallet #4322 ten minutes later.

I may have completely dreamt that, and at the least am wrong about some of it so I eagerly await an Amazon Warehouse Goon to correct me on how it actually works. Which is another reason I love good old SA and why you should donate to lowtax if you haven't.
In the meantime, enjoy this relevant photo of an Amazon bubble-pack string my coworkers found discarded near the mailroom:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

HandlingByJebus posted:

3/10 does not appeal to :females:

LOL. My wife likes it (so far, with the understanding that it's not done...,) and she's the only female I'm concerned about. Ok, maybe my mom, too, but I'm not trying to appeal to her with this.

Rhyno posted:

Nice!

Our first floor bathroom is the oe with the small leak so I decided that when I cut open the wall I'm gonna put a utility sink in the garage.

I'm trying to figure out how to get a utility sink in my garage, where I want it, but I think it may just have to go in between or next to the washer and dryer (which are in my garage - never again!) There's a door between where I want it and where the water supply and drain for the washer are, meaning I'd have to run the drain and supply lines across the floor next to a wall. This isn't that much of a problem, as I had to run the dryer vent across the floor under that door. I made a rectangular duct that's a step in front of the door basically - the floor of the house is a few inches higher than the garage. Yeah, the dryer is in the middle of the back wall of the garage. I have no idea where they intended the dryer to vent - there was not one when we moved in. It was either go to the left under the door, or go several feet farther and vent on to the sidewalk to the front door. The problem is tying in to the washing machine drain, I think. I'd have to chisel out some concrete to get to it without going too much uphill. Maybe I could use a sump and pump?
If I were seriously ambitious I'd cut the concrete and bury the lines along with the dryer vent and concrete it all in. I'm not. Yet.

opengl128 posted:

Yeah this is almost every oil pressure gauge and I get why. Looking at the Mustang forums, every other post is "MY OIL PRESSURE GAUGE MOVES AROUND WHEN I DRIVE IS THIS NORMAL". I wouldn't want to work at the dealer and get inundated with that nonsense either.

That's pretty much exactly it.
I'm used to it - I've had mechanical Autometer gauges in my Cutlass forever, and electric ones in my RX-7. Oddly enough, the oil pressure gauge in the AE86 is real and responsive from the factory.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Back to the ED for an admission. Fuckers didn't even redraw labs before slapping my rear end and telling me to get out.

Now I'm worse.

I'd have caught it if I hadn't been up for 36 hours at that point.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Darchangel posted:

I'm trying to figure out how to get a urinal in my garage, where I want it, but I think it may just have to go in between or next to the washer and dryer (which are in my garage - never again!) There's a door between where I want it and where the water supply and drain for the washer are, meaning I'd have to run the drain and supply lines across the floor next to a wall. This isn't that much of a problem, as I had to run the dryer vent across the floor under that door. I made a rectangular duct that's a step in front of the door basically - the floor of the house is a few inches higher than the garage. Yeah, the dryer is in the middle of the back wall of the garage. I have no idea where they intended the dryer to vent - there was not one when we moved in. It was either go to the left under the door, or go several feet farther and vent on to the sidewalk to the front door. The problem is tying in to the washing machine drain, I think. I'd have to chisel out some concrete to get to it without going too much uphill. Maybe I could use a sump and pump?
If I were seriously ambitious I'd cut the concrete and bury the lines along with the dryer vent and concrete it all in. I'm not. Yet.

Fixed.

Also from Lowtax's GBS GOOOOOONS thread:

I posted:

Seriously, the moderation is what makes this site. I post on other car forums but I hate them compared to AI. There's a guy on a Volvo forum I frequent who dominates the classifieds by bumping his own threads every week. He's been trying to sell a stock used maf sensor from a 20 year old car for $45 for over a year, the thread has 3,199 views and 59 replies (50 of which are bumps). And he won't ship parts so the two people who were interested couldn't buy it. That rear end in a top hat would have been permabanned from SA after the second stupid bump. making GBS threads up the forums is not allowed and I will be forever grateful. It's a standard that every other forum could learn from.

Go donate and keep Lowt Ax alive, and by proxy the site.

Also if the site does go down someone please find me and invite me on FB because I love you guys.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 13, 2019

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Is that a Bernese mountain dog? My wife and I rented Instant Family on redbox last week and now she wants a dog like that even though we have sworn up and down we would never get a dog. It is fun to think about though.
Yup, he's a big goofy turd but he's my buddy. Turned 1 on 3/3 and is hovering around 105-107lb. Mom's been breeding and showing them for about 10 years, this is one of her pups. She was able to come to the beach for a few days and said she's never seen a Bernese like water as much as Finn.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ladyfrogs grandma has one of those and he is about 6 i have never met a dog more terrified of tiny me as much as that ginormous dog i wanted to pat very badly.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Off to Puerto Rico with you!
I bet that guy is going to get so many people peepin' his truck on his way to Jacksonville tomorrow.

PLUS he's going to pick up our Suzuki Carry from there tomorrow (boring standard white kei truck but 4WD, ultra low miles and AC).

Also I got port pics of that Land Cruiser we bought:

Rad as hell but that loving grill goddamn :barf:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
That landcruiser is so loving clean, I hate you.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Baby, who hurt you?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Baby, who hurt you?

A non-smoker, thankfully

EDIT
Easy enough to get a new grill, will be like 300 bucks though, goddamn. And it won't have the 'turbo' bit on the right :negative:

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 14, 2019

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

For one that looks like it was made out of aluminum flat bar, it's actually not bad

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

KakerMix posted:

Off to Puerto Rico with you!
I bet that guy is going to get so many people peepin' his truck on his way to Jacksonville tomorrow.

Oh man, those cars might get to ride on one of my favorite ships! Isla Bella and Perla del Caribe both make weekly runs from Jacksonville to San Juan, and I've seen them loading random cars in containers onto the ships.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

The Door Frame posted:

For one that looks like it was made out of a giant gillette razor, it's actually not bad

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Safety Dance posted:

Oh man, those cars might get to ride on one of my favorite ships! Isla Bella and Perla del Caribe both make weekly runs from Jacksonville to San Juan, and I've seen them loading random cars in containers onto the ships.

It's being shipped by ACOSTA shipping, one of the two guys' brother or cousin or whatever it's all family members doing family things for each other and their businesses. The driver we use was just bringing them to port, no idea how they are being handled after that.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Cage posted:

AI is the only thing I miss about leaving facebook.

Eh, I wandered away from the FB after STR got doxxed. Ain't got no time for that.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Maybe give the grille a blow over with black plastidip, see if that makes it a little less in your face?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Well I really hope it doesn't come to this but if sa goes down I also post rusty Jeeps and rotten houses on Facebook, same username. Feel free to add me. gently caress discord and slack and Reddit though, i got no time for them.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I hope SA doesn't go down, I don't really want to have to go to reddit exclusively (I go there to for non-car stuff) because no way in hell am I going back to facebook. Might have to buy an av.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Back to the ED for an admission. Fuckers didn't even redraw labs before slapping my rear end and telling me to get out.

Now I'm worse.

I'd have caught it if I hadn't been up for 36 hours at that point.

I missed it: why were you in (and then back in) the ED?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

Eh, I wandered away from the FB after STR got doxxed. Ain't got no time for that.

^^^

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

kastein posted:

Well I really hope it doesn't come to this but if sa goes down I also post rusty Jeeps and rotten houses on Facebook, same username. Feel free to add me. gently caress discord and slack and Reddit though, i got no time for them.

Maybe spend less time on Facebook... Seriously though, you post more on FB than anyone I know. This includes retired ladies with vehement opinions on all sorts of things.

Tremek fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 14, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cat Terrist is angry on FB a lot.

A LOT.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

LloydDobler posted:

Darchangel posted:

I'm trying to figure out how to get a urinal in my garage

Fixed.

Look at this guy - doesn't even know a utility sink is multi-purpose.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

Cat Terrist is angry

A LOT.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rhyno posted:

Cat Terrist is angry on FB a lot.

A LOT.

I try to post cars to the AI group that I know he'll hate purely to get a rant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I try to post cars to the AI group that I know he'll hate purely to get a rant.

But now you've tipped your hand and he knows the game!