Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Paladinus posted:

It's a Sith technique, and he wasn't properly trained as a Sith.
I think you'll find that only a Sith deals in absolutes. :mmmsmug:
Ok but good argument mate.

Whatever happened to Eripsa? He randomly pops into my head every few buttcoin crashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FilthyImp posted:

I think you'll find that only a Sith deals in absolutes. :mmmsmug:
Ok but good argument mate.

Whatever happened to Eripsa? He randomly pops into my head every few buttcoin crashes.

He was outed as a rapist I believe

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Sounds like a lot of butthurt turbonerds venting about BotL not liking their lovely movies now that he can't hurt them anymore tbh. :shrug:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Who What Now posted:

What? No he wasn't.

He just doesn't post much unless he comes up with another Big Gigantic Idea That Can't Fail that somehow never makes it farther than a D&D thread.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Who What Now posted:

:yikes:
So much for his graduate degree.

Theophany posted:

Sounds like a lot of butthurt turbonerds venting about BotL not liking their lovely movies now that he can't hurt them anymore tbh. :shrug:
It's true. I can't unclench my butt unless Braves-Daddy is unleashing hot truth against genre fiction on the reg.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Golly gee we keep banning everyone who's interesting enough to upset anyone AND TOTALLY COINCIDENTALLY SA is dying and Lowtax has to beg to buy more fripperies forum uptime this must be the doing of that evil Twittersphere!!!!1!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Considering Google+ is getting shutdown I anticipate Eripsa showing up soon. I've already seen him post in the last few weeks.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
and as shots continue to fly over the grave of the curmudgeonly finn, guy mann goes unmourned by all

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I don't get mad about BotL's movie opinions. Sometimes they were interesting and well-argued. But he was also a really terrible poster who made outrageous personal attacks and drive-by threadshits and in 2019 I think a lot of people are just bored and tired of that kind of behavior.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oxxidation posted:

and as shots continue to fly over the grave of the curmudgeonly finn, guy mann goes unmourned by all

He's had like nine accounts. He'll be back for more, just like Lowtax's creditors.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

DoctorWhat posted:

I don't get mad about BotL's movie opinions. Sometimes they were interesting and well-argued. But he was also a really terrible poster who made outrageous personal attacks and drive-by threadshits and in 2019 I think a lot of people are just bored and tired of that kind of behavior.

Then those people should man the gently caress up or learn to use the forum ignore function jfc.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What? No he wasn't.

He just doesn't post much unless he comes up with another Big Gigantic Idea That Can't Fail that somehow never makes it farther than a D&D thread.

Maybe I have him confused with another tech nerd who huffs their own farts.

Considering Google+ is getting shutdown I anticipate Eripsa showing up soon. I've already seen him post in the last few weeks.

Where at?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Theophany posted:

Yawn

Disgusting Coward posted:

Golly gee we keep banning everyone who's interesting enough to upset anyone

If this is your criteria for a "good poster" then you're the equivalent of a 13 year old posting slurs in fyad in '03 lol. Grow up.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Disgusting Coward posted:

Then those people should man the gently caress up or learn to use the forum ignore function jfc.

1178 people did, seems like

guess it wasn't enough

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yawn

If this is your criteria for a "good poster" then you're the equivalent of a 13 year old posting slurs in fyad in '03 lol. Grow up.

As opposed to the 30 year olds posting slurs there now?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

He's had like nine accounts. He'll be back for more, just like Lowtax's creditors.

I always wondered why he kept reregistering accounts, none of his old accounts ever got banned but he’d always immediately start posting in the exact same way in the exact same places with no downtime between accounts so it’s not like he was trying to rebrand or shake off doxxers or something

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I always wondered why he kept reregistering accounts, none of his old accounts ever got banned but he’d always immediately start posting in the exact same way in the exact same places with no downtime between accounts so it’s not like he was trying to rebrand or shake off doxxers or something

he probably was trying to rebrand, he's just bad at it

i remember one qcs post where he asked why one of his alts got whacked and FAU's response amounted to "one of you is bad enough"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Paladinus posted:

BotL made plenty of funny comics edits that for some reason absolutely enraged BSS nerds. RIP sweet prince.

It should be bannable to say stuff like this and not post an example imo

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Who What Now posted:

Maybe I have him confused with another tech nerd who huffs their own farts.

I think you're thinking of syscall girl, who recently posted a "hilarious" anecdote about committing anal rape in a YOSPOS picture thread and got perma'd for it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

he probably was trying to rebrand, he's just bad at it

i remember one qcs post where he asked why one of his alts got whacked and FAU's response amounted to "one of you is bad enough"
I don't remember this but it sounds right.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
BotL seriously sucked though

90% failed one-liners, 10% extremely wordy faux-reviewer posts about how BAD and DUMB this and the other 200 fantasy novels, every Star Wars movie, every Marvel movie, every comic book, etc etc etc was that he totally hated because it was for idiot losers but somehow also had better knowledge of than anyone who enjoyed it.

Dunno what his actual gimmick is supposed to be but he suuuuucked

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
BoTL being banned is good because despite having some good opinions he was so goddamn tedious to the point where any interesting discussion he might spur would immediately disintigrate in a cloud of BoTL farts.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yawn

At least once a month I wonder what permabanned poster niggerstomper58 is up to. Peace.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

FAU post a forum wide to give our dipshit owner money because he won’t himself

Funding lowtax spine is the next great saga

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
BotL made great and funny comic edits.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
he is only up to 1/3rd of a masterbeaterj bathroom we can do better

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Aphrodite posted:

It should be bannable to say stuff like this and not post an example imo

Most of them kind of require context (i.e. knowing webcomics), but here's a random collection from the webcomics thread I could find on a short notice.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 22:34 on Mar 13, 2019

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That's complete gibberish dude

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Maybe it's funny with context? :shrug: but yeah seems kinda not

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

purple death ray posted:

That's complete gibberish dude

Duh, edits are not funny if you don't understand context. Like, imagine seeing this loss edit without knowing anything about CAD or JoJo.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational
Even in context it was rarely funny. 90% revolved around the fact that a character was named klevin. 5 minutes of material but BotL made it last so long people light a menorah for him now

Edit: or at least hold a torch

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Loss edits: equally as obscure as whatever dumb poo poo botl made

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Its really not better with context. It literally is just replacing dialogue from one webcomic to another one most of the time :effort:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mmj posted:

Even in context it was rarely funny. 90% revolved around the fact that a character was named klevin. 5 minutes of material but BotL made it last so long people light a menorah for him now

Yeah, right, there was absolutely nothing amusing about that character other than his stupid name.

E: lol at you lot going 'well, actually, these are not enjoyable at all, and are very bad' about funny edits, while celebrating a permaban for supposedly similar behaviour, but about orcs and goblins or whatever.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 22:50 on Mar 13, 2019

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Loss edits: equally as obscure as whatever dumb poo poo botl made

drat, you sure are good at reading because that is exactly what he said.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Clicked a random one: a fart joke and a (gay LOL) rape joke

Wow he really is a goon.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I thought it was heartwarming that an entire forum grouped together to agree: gently caress botl, nobody needs that guy's tired gimmick

but of course one dope has to gently caress it up

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Paladinus posted:

Duh, edits are not funny if you don't understand context. Like, imagine seeing this loss edit without knowing anything about CAD or JoJo.]
I have a PhD in Jojos and that was a bad Jojo.

I actually have less respect for Lamps knowing he was making these bad edits. You shame him, sir.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

bring back old gbs posted:

I thought it was heartwarming that an entire forum grouped together to agree: gently caress botl, nobody needs that guy's tired gimmick

but of course one dope has to gently caress it up

And Amethyst hasn't even weighed in yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

jobson groeth posted:

And Amethyst hasn't even weighed in yet
Anger is the second stage