Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
When Meltzer talks about people, he usually speaks about their actions and not their character, and this makes me listen to what he says more often.

When most wrestling personalities talk, they trash people personally, and I tend to stop listening unless I admire the person for another unrelated reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I enjoy the idea that it takes some kind of external provocation for Nia Jax to do something dumb

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

coconono posted:

If WWE sent out a memo that said "be mean to dave meltzer for cash and prizes" someone woulda leaked that to Dave.

Dave would then be in a moral quandary about whether or not he should ruin anyone's chances for cash and prizes. Ultimately, he decides he's that not that petty so we end up with:

If your anti-Meltzer tweet gets 10,000 RTs, you can pick from the easy bake oven, the airsoft rifle or the 10-speed bike.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

If your anti-Meltzer tweet gets 10,000 RTs, you can pick from the easy bake oven, the airsoft rifle or the 10-speed bike.

Pfft, as if that's a choice. Can I make cupcakes with a BIKE? I didn't think so!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Gaz-L posted:

Pfft, as if that's a choice. Can I make cupcakes with a BIKE? I didn't think so!
You're not trying hard enough. A bar I used to go to had blenders attached to stationary bicycles so you could mix your own margarita. I don't see why you couldn't apply the same principles to cupcakes.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Vinny defeated diabetes

:unsmith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lid posted:

Vinny defeated diabetes

Hell yeah, that was awesome news :)

Also the last Dave/Bryan WOR, I swear right at the start Dave starts giggling because he's deliberately winding Bryan up and it's cool as hell.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I feel like WWE writing is being so weird lately, we are 3 months away from Roman Reigns cutting a live promo about the dirt sheets and setting a copy of the Observer on fire

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Lid posted:

Vinny defeated diabetes

I liked his latest on camera appearances, he looked a lot lighter.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

triplexpac posted:

I feel like WWE writing is being so weird lately, we are 3 months away from Roman Reigns cutting a live promo about the dirt sheets and setting a copy of the Observer on fire

I honestly think Vince think Dave is involved in AEW so yeah that probably will happen.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Lid posted:

Vinny defeated diabetes

time for a victory cake

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I started cracking up when Filthy Tom started slobbering over how great Harlem Heat is and Bryan interrupts him to ask if he’s just sucking up to avoid Stevie Ray cutting a promo on him like he is going to do to Meltzer.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 14, 2019

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He wants to avoid MLW getting the bright idea to put them in a match

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

No WOR this morning?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Doesn't look like it, sadly.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Dave must be ducking the fact that he has to publicly admit that Taichi had a great match yesterday.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Just a teeny tiny gap

BRYAN DANIELSON AWARD
(BEST TECHNICAL WRESTLER)
1. ZACK SABRE JR. 970
2. Daniel Bryan 37

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Price Check posted:

Dave must be ducking the fact that he has to publicly admit that Taichi had a great match yesterday.
he gave it 4 stars in the Observer this week!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
WORST TELEVISION SHOW
1. WWE RAW 902
2. Impact 30

Lol

WORST PROMOTION OF THE YEAR
1. WWE 612
2. AAA 156
3. Impact 141

This is the first time tna hasnt won this in 11 years

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

To be fair, I heard Impact got good and 95% of their viewers stopped watching in protest at this abandonment of the promotion's core principles.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

To be fair, I heard Impact got good and 95% of their viewers stopped watching in protest at this abandonment of the promotion's core principles.
i think it was you that made the joke that TNA could survive anything except putting out a decent show every week. It was a good one whoever said it :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I said it but I'm probably not the only one who has. Poor Impact, the running joke used to be that no matter what they'd get 1.1 million viewers.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Neither Bryan or Dave review and talk much about IMPACT these days and readers/voters do very little independent watching of Pro Wrestling.

If you are stuck without WOR:
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1106163511477133313

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
WORST TELEVISION ANNOUNCER

1. JONATHAN COACHMAN 446

2. Michael Cole 176

lmao

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ishii also closing in on Brody's number of Best Brawler wins. (Foley's still a ways ahead though)

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Raskolnikov38 posted:

WORST TELEVISION ANNOUNCER

1. JONATHAN COACHMAN 446

2. Michael Cole 176

lmao

I haven’t seen the full list of awards but this rules.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
When did Coachman get replaced, June?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

coach arguing back and forth with cole that being in a bear hug is actually a good thing because you get to rest is one of my favorite wwe clips ever.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The hosed up thing is that Rousey made her comeback out of that bear hug so he wasn't wrong.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mike Lawrence is roasting Vince Russo on Busted Open right now and I’m dying

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I'm a show behind so I want to post this here, I suppose related to his run as best Brawler, was Ishii just this good the whole time, and no one saw or appreciated it? Was he bad for most of his 20s and 30s? Where the gently caress was this guy hiding?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
In honesty i had Ospreay picked as most outstanding wrestler with Omega as best overall. Surprised Ospreay came in 4th behind Ibushi and Okada.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

remusclaw posted:

I'm a show behind so I want to post this here, I suppose related to his run as best Brawler, was Ishii just this good the whole time, and no one saw or appreciated it? Was he bad for most of his 20s and 30s? Where the gently caress was this guy hiding?

WAR, Zero-One, Riki Pro, and mid-2000s NJPW

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

B&V&G confirmed for non-seinfeld watchers

e: granny's german is awful

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 15, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Good, Seinfeld sucks

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Good, Seinfeld sucks

i will end you

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Good, Seinfeld sucks

:yeah:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Good, Seinfeld sucks
child spotted

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

child spotted

Nah, watching 4 shitlords be shitlords isn't funny. There's no stakes to make the comedy funny if we're not meant to give a poo poo about the characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Nah, watching 4 shitlords be shitlords isn't funny. There's no stakes to make the comedy funny if we're not meant to give a poo poo about the characters.

You talk poo poo about Always Sunny and I will slap you.