Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Someone get Hemsworth to wear that Thor costume in Endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gokushufudou - Chapter 22

Tatsu has been asked to take care of some extremely tough customers

Perfect manzai comedy :allears:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Those faces are all very good.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I just love that casual jacket/open-necked shirt/mirror shades/coffee server apron combo. It's an extremely amusing look.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it stuns me how many times I will read 2 or 3 lines of panels left to right and then suddenly come across two panels that don’t make sense, only to rudely remind myself that it’s a Japanese comic and it doesn’t work like that, dingus

then I have to reread most of a page

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sorry, I usually try to post a warning when I'm posting manga :v:

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
https://twitter.com/gamespite/status/1105308505496530944?s=19

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

now, he's saying it's either a world gone mad or something sinister, and i'm willing to bet that because this is thor it turns out to be something sinister, so actually capital markets are always good

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

I liked comics before they had all this politics!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

joehonkie posted:

I liked comics before they had all this politics!

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1104447437702352896

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
He did see it, rear end in a top hat, he's in the movie.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Senior Woodchuck posted:

He did see it, rear end in a top hat, he's in the movie.

Stan had been essentially blind for most of the time the MCU existed, so no, he didn't see it.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

"Oh no, Jane's being written by Ditko!"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Stan had been essentially blind for most of the time the MCU existed, so no, he didn't see it.

One of the saddest things I heard after he passed away, and I can't find the article I read, stated that he couldn't even see the movies anymore, but he had heard that The Winter Soldier was really good.
Winter Soldier released in April 2014. So lord knows how long he was unable to see properly, but he had missed at least the last 4 years of the MCU

Really bummed me out learning that Stan The Man, icon of the industry, couldn't even see some of the best super hero movies put to film and couldn't read comics in his later years.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Infinitum posted:

Really bummed me out learning that Stan The Man, icon of the industry, couldn't even see some of the best super hero movies put to film and couldn't read comics in his later years.

That is a bummer, but at least Stan made it to see the MCU become a thing, unlike somebody like Jack Kirby who died long before even the first X-Men movie came out.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I like to think Kirby would have been disappointed with how few Literal American Nazis were being punched out by Captain America, though the entirety of The Winter Soldier would have been a good start

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

One of the saddest things I heard after he passed away, and I can't find the article I read, stated that he couldn't even see the movies anymore, but he had heard that The Winter Soldier was really good.
Winter Soldier released in April 2014. So lord knows how long he was unable to see properly, but he had missed at least the last 4 years of the MCU

It's this you're talking about, it's a comic tribute by Bendis. He saw the first Raimi Spider-Man, and only heard Cap 2 was good, so there's your very big window to guess where his sight gave out. The way Bendis says that Stan said it, if he was being literal, he might not have even seen Iron Man 1.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 13, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lmaooo (today's squirrel girl)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

site posted:

This makes me think you could use Kang The Conqueror to teach about English tenses in school.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

“The World’s Greatest Detective” :raise:

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Grendels Dad posted:

This makes me think you could use Kang The Conqueror to teach about English tenses in school.

You can and Ryan North does in that very same issue!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Probably trying to figure out how it's supposed to explode on completion.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

site posted:

That's the "your safety is not guaranteed" guy, right?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Manuel Calavera posted:

nope, but similar concept in broad terms.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I know what Entertainment Lawyer really means, but reading it in that page gave me a very different mental image.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Manuel Calavera posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJYFlI4ytbU

This video does a good job explaining him. And I like Justin's other stuff.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

NoneMoreNegative posted:

"I have your nose, Joker"

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

NoneMoreNegative posted:

He deduces where each piece goes, and upon placing the last one in the upper left, he lets out a gasp of recognition.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Argue posted:

He deduces where each piece goes, and upon placing the last one in the upper left, he lets out a gasp of recognition.

My god

I’m missing a piece.

We may never know who that is

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

Kang/Kung/Have Kung?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Cool Cat v9 #2

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ygolonac posted:

Cool Cat v9 #2

Well show us the inside you bastard, I need to talk hip!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Well show us the inside you bastard, I need to talk hip!

Spend the 12¢, god drat.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ygolonac posted:

Cool Cat v9 #2

And just like all comic books cashing in on hot trends, the twist was dying out in 1962.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm just surprised Cool Cat got to nine volumes

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Scaramouche posted:

I'm just surprised Cool Cat got to nine volumes

Cats DO have nine lives.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Random Stranger posted:

And just like all comic books cashing in on hot trends, the twist was dying out in 1962.

Twist and Shout wasn't released until 63.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Skwirl posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twist_(song)

Chubby Checker 1959. He's still out there twistin' to this day too!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twist_(song)

Chubby Checker 1959. He's still out there twistin' to this day too!

And appropriately The Twist was released in early '62 (and hit #1 again) so it was still fairly relevant. You can actually see a page of Cool Cat trying to teach you hip lingo here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I thought it peaked around 1960-61 and then faded out, but hey, if it was popular enough for Twist and Shout in '63 then perhaps Cool Cat is hepper than I thought.