Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
OTT is PWG like or what PWG was a few years ago and before. International waters stuff.

In general business Ireland is kinda a no mans land. A lot of businesses license out the rights to sell/distribute goods here rather than establishing an international office. Tesco infamously dubbed Ireland "the island". Too big to be small, too small to be big. A lot of international businesses see it as not matter and almost third world. Also, the perception is that Irish people are a bit thick and/or happy go lucky thus don't really matter.

OTT's promoter Joe Coffey is just quality promoter who treats talents well. Will upgrade international talents hotel and plane flight as an ethic and/or fly wrestlers in the night before instead of the day of the show.

Irish fans are da best. Ask any touring musician, comedian artist too etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

rovert posted:

OTT's promoter Joe Coffey

Seriously? Has he ever, like, booked himself into a segment with the wrestler Joe Coffey?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Venomous posted:

Seriously? Has he ever, like, booked himself into a segment with the wrestler Joe Coffey?

That's a typo from rovert, it's Joe Cabray.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Fwiw, I was talking to people, Jordan and Walter had really early matches because they had to make a flight to WWE tapings, so it was really weird. Entire show started at about 18.00, and was over by 21.30, absolutely breakneck speed, no filler, no hyping up the crowd, apart from the promo video people are already raving about. that was released before.

PAC broke/dislocated his finger in the opening couple of minutes, then jammed it back in, then dislocated it again.

One of the Besties in the World did his knee in halfway through the match, and finished the match, it was great. They're heroes now.

MJF is really fun, he reminds me of Roddy Piper in just delighting in being a prick. So few people do that.

Martina got thrown head first into the cage, she went straight in, like. It looked horrible. Then she crawled over thumbtacks to get to the exit, and had the loving cage door slammed in her face again.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Von Linus posted:

Fwiw, I was talking to people, Jordan and Walter had really early matches because they had to make a flight to WWE tapings, so it was really weird. Entire show started at about 18.00, and was over by 21.30, absolutely breakneck speed, no filler, no hyping up the crowd, apart from the promo video people are already raving about. that was released before.

Did they really post this on a public Facebook page by accident?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Did they really post this on a public Facebook page by accident?

yeah Joe did, took it down again almost immediately. there are (at least) 2 FB groups, one for the ringcrew and one for the fans. Some of the lads were saying they were in by 9am, pretty loving rough setting everything up, and presumably having to take everything down by 11 or so.

Von Linus fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Feb 18, 2019

Yaramund
Jul 22, 2015

The face of a killer
in a ghostly design

Von Linus posted:

PAC broke/dislocated his finger in the opening couple of minutes, then jammed it back in, then dislocated it again.

One of the Besties in the World did his knee in halfway through the match, and finished the match, it was great. They're heroes now.

MJF is really fun, he reminds me of Roddy Piper in just delighting in being a prick. So few people do that.

Martina got thrown head first into the cage, she went straight in, like. It looked horrible. Then she crawled over thumbtacks to get to the exit, and had the loving cage door slammed in her face again.

Yeah it was a really weird show, i had presumed because it was the first show in the Tallaght venue that they had a very strict curfew given how shows have overran before. Same reason that it was so weird to start with Devlin v Starr since it had been built up to being the main event for weeks.

The Pac thing was real gross, his hand looked really messed up but the fact that he continued with the match and there was so much selling of the arm I was convinced half way through it was a work and he was just double jointed.

Good show overall but could have done without the final match, show was already going too long and it was just a kind of mess.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Yaramund posted:

Yeah it was a really weird show, i had presumed because it was the first show in the Tallaght venue that they had a very strict curfew given how shows have overran before. Same reason that it was so weird to start with Devlin v Starr since it had been built up to being the main event for weeks.

The Pac thing was real gross, his hand looked really messed up but the fact that he continued with the match and there was so much selling of the arm I was convinced half way through it was a work and he was just double jointed.

Good show overall but could have done without the final match, show was already going too long and it was just a kind of mess.

I liked how it started (I tend to defend OTT anyway) but that first match started the crowd off incredibly hot, and the way it all worked out with the timings, I think they had the right idea. THey didn't have time to build it up slowly, it had to be fast. Particularly as there were enormous amounts of kids there, and they were probably more there for Devlin and Walter and PAC than they were for the LFTF. I saw a lot of kids being led out early. I was standing by the cage and they wer absolutely hustling people out of the way, far more than normal to get things set up.

yeah, I thought PAC might have been working it but it looked loving horrible. If it was a work, I've never heard of him doing that before.

Yeah I think the crowd were a bit tired after all that had gone before, by the main. I was talking to Tony Kelly and he was (about 1 match in) still thinking he was *maybe* going to be doing some sort of announcement\mic work at intermission, so they were just compressing the poo poo out of things.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
10 years ago Irish Whip Wrestling kinda killed the town at the NBA with a show that went on forever. I swear the intermission was like 90 minutes or something. I think the promoter lost his arse on the live draw so he decided to sell merch and photo ops for as look as he felt comfortable with.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

rovert posted:

10 years ago Irish Whip Wrestling kinda killed the town at the NBA with a show that went on forever. I swear the intermission was like 90 minutes or something. I think the promoter lost his arse on the live draw so he decided to sell merch and photo ops for as look as he felt comfortable with.

I know a guy at that, he said it was less than half as many as at the OTT show. I'd worry about them doing it regularly with no booze though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

OTT booked Meiko Satomura vs. Session Moth Martina

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've never really been super into Martina but I didn't want her to die :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

I've never really been super into Martina but I didn't want her to die :(

She has improved a lot in ring wise in the last year and always puts forward an honest effort.

Even her "haters" on the local Irish scene have admitted so.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

She's put a lot of hard work in worldwide. I remember the battle royale EVE did a few years ago where she entered like 3 times and despite doing a gag where she gassed, she looked daisy fresh and crisp for spots.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've mostly just seen her in Stardom where she did all of the same exact comedy spots in every single match which got old very quickly.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WXW 16 Carat Gold first round matches for March 8

Ilja Dragunov vs Daisuke Sekimoto
Mark Davis vs Pentagon Jr
David Starr vs WALTER
Shigehiro Irie vs Chris Brookes
Rey Horus vs Fenix
Axel Dieter Jr vs Marius Al-Ani
Lucky Kid vs Timothy Thatcher
Avalanche vs Jurn Simmons (falls count anywhere)

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

rovert posted:

She has improved a lot in ring wise in the last year and always puts forward an honest effort.

Even her "haters" on the local Irish scene have admitted so.

I was a bit tired of her when it was just beer spots and things, but she really turned it around. Although part of me feels a bit bad because she's putting her body through hell lately for the approval.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

WXW 16 Carat Gold first round matches for March 8

Ilja Dragunov vs Daisuke Sekimoto
Mark Davis vs Pentagon Jr
David Starr vs WALTER
Shigehiro Irie vs Chris Brookes
Rey Horus vs Fenix
Axel Dieter Jr vs Marius Al-Ani
Lucky Kid vs Timothy Thatcher
Avalanche vs Jurn Simmons (falls count anywhere)

Better get a Sekimoto/WALTER match.

What's the politics involved in having AEW guys on a WWE co-opted promotion? Is it a similar deal to OTT where Germany is such a small market for pro wrestling that nobody cares?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Possibly that, plus Penta and Fenix are more accurately AAA guys that Dorian's letting Cody book.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
FYI, WXW 16 Carat Gold 2020 tickets (mar6-8) are on sale now. It's totally worth it if anyone can get to it. A 3 day wrestlefest with bowling competitions, indie wrestling attached, and the big WXW 16 Carat tournament attached. I went in 2018, and had a blast, and got myself a ticket to 2020 yesterday.

It will sell out definitely, and it's amazing.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Devlin vs Walter one more time, sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNv4fGQvKQQ

The video production on this is stellar. Have the team behind this been hired to do other fed's promos as well? They should.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

TV Zombie posted:

Devlin vs Walter one more time, sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNv4fGQvKQQ

The video production on this is stellar. Have the team behind this been hired to do other fed's promos as well? They should.

Riptide have used him before, he's a lovely dude. I can't imagine WWE or someone wouldn't grab him. I was listening to a podcast Joe Cabray did with Jerry Jarrett, and Jarrett said the last Devlin Walter video was the best video he's ever seen.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/dashchisako/status/1106829884553256962?s=19

Sendai Girls are doing a UK show on July 27th

Yaramund
Jul 22, 2015

The face of a killer
in a ghostly design
ScrapperMania V was a pretty good OTT show.

Walter v Devlin II was unsurprisingly real good.

I still think Devlin is better as a heel than pure babyface but having Cabray and Tracy come out to stop Walter running away was a really great touch.

Also I 100% got worked with Kings of the North v British Strong Style being announced as a loser leaves town match. I don't know what Cabray has over WWE but i'm glad that OTT seems to be the one place outside of NXT where British Strong Style can still team together.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UINsF4CSkKY
this is what they're talking about when they say OTT has the best pre-match video production

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This year's Super Strong Style 16 has more current WWE wrestlers than British ones and that makes me profoundly sad.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Finally saw WALTER vs Devlin II, masterclass in underdog booking

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sheffield indy Breed Pro Wrestling is doing a show

in a cave

https://twitter.com/BreedWrestling/status/1116267302662680576

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Chris James 2 posted:

Sheffield indy Breed Pro Wrestling is doing a show

in a cave

https://twitter.com/BreedWrestling/status/1116267302662680576

Didn't expect the third Descent movie to go this route.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lykos hurt again

https://twitter.com/ProWresLand/status/1116768718313414659

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yo this show's lit

Session Goth Martina Havoc

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
At this point, he must have been injured longer than he has been active.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's cursed :(

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

yo this show's lit

Session Goth Martina Havoc

Martina is the best.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Maybe it's a "The Picture of CCK" type situation... :thunk:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Next Thursday is International Wrestling League's Spike Trivet's UK Leaving Party https://twitter.com/IntWresLeague/status/1118108009815793665

Connor Mills defends the title against Spike Trivet
Chuck Mambo vs The OJMO
Chris Ridgeway vs Candy Floss
Gene Munny vs Rocky Mac
William Eaver vs Josef Kafka
Talia Martins vs Maverick Mayhew vs Darcy Stone vs LJ Cleary vs Callum Newman
The Wasteman Challenge

OTT gets Darby Allin for WrestleRama
https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/1118133092483518470

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 16, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's so weird that OTT book WWE, NJPW and AEW talent and no-one seems to care.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh my god

https://twitter.com/TaffMaster/status/1118240790357188608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

It's so weird that OTT book WWE, NJPW and AEW talent and no-one seems to care.

In general Ireland is kind of a no man's land. Too small to care about. Outside of Wrestling competing brands are licensed out to the same third party licensing company here. As companies don't want set up a premise here.

OTT's promoter gets the best as he pays really well and isn't cheapskate on travel and accommodation. Also the fans are the best and merch wise it is a great payday.

But even saying all that politically it is pretty insane. DQs and count outs are rare.