Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BattleCattle posted:

What’s the best shiny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

My favourite story is that I hatched and raised a shiny Aegislash in a Luxury Ball the day Germany won the World Cup. All signs point to this being an omen.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

BattleCattle posted:

What’s the best shiny?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

gross

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

It looks like the shiny Donald Trump would have. Trade Onix with Gold Linoleum Coat.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Shiny Psyduck is the best. I remember we were threatening to make it an emote years ago for when someone says something extraordinarily dumb.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Stupid question for Let's Go Eevee: How do I get spawns to change? Battle 'em? Walk off screen? Wait? Because I'd like to chain ponytas on down the road.

Edit: OH GOSH THIS IS CUTE. Eevee rides on my heeeeeead!

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 14, 2019

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Golden Gael posted:

My favourite story is that I hatched and raised a shiny Aegislash in a Luxury Ball the day Germany won the World Cup. All signs point to this being an omen.

Ayyyy! :hfive:

How ya doin' fellow lux ball shiny Aegislash breeder? What nature ya go with?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Aerofallosov posted:

Stupid question for Let's Go Eevee: How do I get spawns to change? Battle 'em? Walk off screen? Wait? Because I'd like to chain ponytas on down the road.

Just walking offscreen won't change the spawns, nor will waiting for them to go away (they'll just respawn elsewhere), if I am remembering what has been reported here correctly. If you want them to change, you need to battle (remember battling something that's not of your chain will break the chain) or leave the route and come back (this will NOT break your chain).

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

#1 shiny is definitely Autumn Breloom, but Shurikenger Mega Scizor is a strong #2.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gnwd7Z_tNE

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Aerofallosov posted:

Do you mean how do you get different Pokemon to show up? You can either wait (they go away after a small amount of time) or change screens and come back. From personal experience, the type you're chaining tends to be more common as your chain gets higher, though I'm not sure if that's actually the case. However, some Pokemon can only actually show up one at a time (e.g., Bulbasaur in Veridian Forest). The following will break a chain: 1) successfully catching a Pokemon that's not part of the chain (e.g., catching a Metapod when you're chaining Caterpie), 2) having any Pokemon (the one you're chaining or otherwise) run away from you, 3) closing the game (putting to sleep doesn't count, but playing another game on the switch will close it).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Just walking offscreen won't change the spawns, nor will waiting for them to go away (they'll just respawn elsewhere), if I am remembering what has been reported here correctly. If you want them to change, you need to battle (remember battling something that's not of your chain will break the chain) or leave the route and come back (this will NOT break your chain).

That's good to know, thank you! Is there any way to get a low level exeggcute? I wanna try using one but serebii says they only show up at like, level 41?

Edit: Thank you, both of you!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Oh yeah if your Pokemon runs away from you it breaks the chain. 500+ Ponyta in and the one you just encountered breaks out and runs on the first ball? Chain resets, rip

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

These two were the winners of that Valentine's day poll.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

idk either of them

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

idk either of them

N, a recurring sympathetic antagonist from Black and White, and Elesa, a gym leader from Black and White.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Natural Harmonia Gropius aka N (antagonist) and Elesa (electric gym leader) from Black and White.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/N

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Elesa

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh thats N okay. they should give him a real name

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Super No Vacancy posted:

oh thats N okay. they should give him a real name

Dehry posted:

Natural Harmonia Gropius aka N

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Super No Vacancy posted:

idk either of them

The dude is N, King of Team Plasma. He's basically a fanfic writer's Pokemon OC DO NOT STEAL.

1) So pure of heart he can talk to Pokemon and understand them
2) In charge of the evil team without actually being aware they're evil
3) Tragic backstory with an abusive father figure
4) The ~destined partner~ of a Legendary Dragon

also his real name is loving Natural Harmonia Gropius lmao

The woman is Elesa, Electric gym leader who's also a fashion model. She had two really boring gyms and had some annoying Emolga. Also did gently caress all in Gen V despite most gym leaders actually getting to do poo poo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don’t remember any of that about N lol

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
n's cool and my friend. i rode the ferris wheel with him

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
elesa is also cool.

look at her big coat!

Zore posted:

The woman is Elesa, Electric gym leader who's also a fashion model. She had two really boring gyms and had some annoying Emolga. Also did gently caress all in Gen V despite most gym leaders actually getting to do poo poo.
she was part of bianca's storyline and introduces you to alder

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
N is also a complete weirdo with no social skills who was raised solely around abused Pokemon and has the bedroom of a young (very wealthy) child.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Huh, Natural Harmonia Gropius was my nickname in college before I got expelled.

N is cool enough, good for him and he has my thanks for the nearly-perfect IV Pokemon. That I never leveled up or used. Hope I marked them in some way.

Elesa is cute, but she's no Flannery. drat idols. I demand a recount!

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Hey, I wanted to thank everybody for the battling and battle tree advice: it’s been really helpful and I really appreciate it!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dehry posted:

if it's not Guzma and Cynthia I am not interested.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dehry posted:

zorua and dedenne... weird choices but ok

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

zorua and dedenne... weird choices but ok
Emolga?

or is this a joke I'm missing

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Dehry posted:

Natural Harmonia Gropius

Thanks I briefly forgot my favourite stupid thing about him

e:

Zore posted:

The dude is N, King of Team Plasma. He's basically a fanfic writer's Pokemon OC DO NOT STEAL.

1) So pure of heart he can talk to Pokemon and understand them
2) In charge of the evil team without actually being aware they're evil
3) Tragic backstory with an abusive father figure
4) The ~destined partner~ of a Legendary Dragon

also his real name is loving Natural Harmonia Gropius lmao

also he's got genius level IQ and was rumoured to have been born from Pokemon and his theme song is based on prime numbers and mathematical constants and and and

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Mar 14, 2019

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Emolga?

or is this a joke I'm missing

The pokemon they have with them.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Flopsy posted:

The pokemon they have with them.

Elesa has her Emolga with her though, not a Dedenne. It's hard to tell with Pikaclones to be honest.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Super No Vacancy posted:

I don’t remember any of that about N lol

gen v has a weird and boring story that everyone pretends is better than the best one (hgss)

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Here is my list of not-Pikachu names.

Pichu and Raichu get to use their own names as they are acceptable.
Marill and Azumarill are Pikablu and Raiblu.
Plusle is Pikaplu and Minun is Pikablutwo.
Pachirisu is Pikachew.
Emolga is Pikaflew.
Dedenne is Pikaparlezvousfrancais.
Mimikyu is Pikaboo! Togedemaru is - wait, who is Togedemaru again? He sounds fake. I don't think he's a real Pokemon. Okay, he can be Spikachu. NO NO NO it's not racist, it's pronounced like SPIKE because he's spiky!

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Mar 14, 2019

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

oddium posted:

gen v has a weird and boring story that everyone pretends is better than the best one (hgss)

They're right.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

if it's not Guzma and Cynthia I am not interested.

Guzma wasn't even a choice, which is bullshit.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Gen 5 remake when

Diamond and what? Never heard of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Shiny quagsire is the answer