Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

"oh poo poo i didnt start my essay and its due tomorrow, sir can i please please have one more week ahrmfdfdff" but for a country

my dog ate my economy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
my mogg ate my deal

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1106144458108735494

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

soldier “f” is being charged finally regarding Bloody Sunday

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

but this wasn't one of the options may said were allowed :ohdear:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

But the whole not leaving without a deal thing means absolutely dogshit if Fashrage's fash friends just vote down the extention right? Because you'll just plummet out without a deal while Rees-Mogg sits astride you waving around his tophat.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1106149531962482688

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

An insane mind posted:

But the whole not leaving without a deal thing means absolutely dogshit if Fashrage's fash friends just vote down the extention right? Because you'll just plummet out without a deal while Rees-Mogg sits astride you waving around his tophat.

I think if that happened they'd revoke. It'd give enough cover to wavering types on both sides, and they could hide behind the fact that they voted out, but only with a deal, which they'd totally have got with another few months/years.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

tarbrush posted:

I think if that happened they'd revoke. It'd give enough cover to wavering types on both sides, and they could hide behind the fact that they voted out, but only with a deal, which they'd totally have got with another few months/years.

But that would require them to have functioning brains right? Isn't no deal a big faction of the Tories anyway? Or do you think the cover provided by the veto of the extension is something they're actively waiting for?

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Tbh the fact that Parliament can barely scrape up a majority for the vaguest possible 'avoiding No Deal' doesn't fill me with hope they can get a majority for an actual course of action beyond rejecting things that are still the default. I was expecting at least 400 MPs for this and even with those numbers I strongly doubt they'll be able to agree on what to do instead

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yeah we're proper hosed if we no deal

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1106153554518130688

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Land suitable for golf courses will be exchanged for food aid and an unlimited supply of Ivanka's clothing line

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Obliterati posted:

Tbh the fact that Parliament can barely scrape up a majority for the vaguest possible 'avoiding No Deal' doesn't fill me with hope they can get a majority for an actual course of action beyond rejecting things that are still the default. I was expecting at least 400 MPs for this and even with those numbers I strongly doubt they'll be able to agree on what to do instead

keep in mind that the tories whipped so hard there that it literally broke the whip as an instrument

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
How many Leavers are like "oh goody, an exclusive trade deal negotiated with Donald J Trump"?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's great that this is totally loving lost in the Brexit bollocks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

How many Leavers are like "oh goody, an exclusive trade deal negotiated with Donald J Trump"?

all the ones i know don't seem to realise that its everyone lining up to gently caress us or that we do actually already trade with all these other countries

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what does England even make that Americans want to buy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Very little. Its a great opportunity for US companies to gut the UK though

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

This guy is going to get a lighter sentence than Manafort did

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the United States annexing England would be historically delicious.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RTJ4vHoYUs

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

i mean, our guys generally can’t agree on these kind of things either. i don’t think anything would happen quickly. trumps idea of negotiation with allies is to throw candy at them, demand payments for made up reasons, then blame them when there’s no agreement

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/JohnnyMercerUK/status/1106153584029257728
https://twitter.com/LOS_Fisher/status/1106152821525803008

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

CactusWeasle posted:

Land suitable for golf courses will be exchanged for food aid and an unlimited supply of Ivanka's clothing line

Lol if you think you'll just get trump clothes for free.

You will be charged top dollar for just the absolute best

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

forkboy84 posted:

It's great that this is totally loving lost in the Brexit bollocks.

It's not lost amongst the far right, who this decision to blame a rank and file scapegoat is intended to satisfy.

E: which it won't, as it isn't a declaration of war on Eire

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

i mean, our guys generally can’t agree on these kind of things either. i don’t think anything would happen quickly. trumps idea of negotiation with allies is to throw candy at them, demand payments for made up reasons, then blame them when there’s no agreement

this is may's idea of negotiation as well, except replace the candy with threats

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

euphronius posted:

what does England even make that Americans want to buy.

the usa's tasteless grey sludge reserves are dangerously low

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe next time they should negotiate a provisional agreement to leave BEFORE the actual vote to leave.

well life is all about learning I guess.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Couple be a giant pile of democracy if they decide to go for:

- Referendum 2
- General Election
- European Elections

That could all take place within 2 months with no planning done for any of it, it should be well organized and go smoothly, and be uncontested

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

euphronius posted:

maybe next time they should negotiate a provisional agreement to leave BEFORE the actual vote to leave.

well life is all about learning I guess.

That was explicitly ruled out by the EU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

it’s a mystery why Tories are so against investigating historic crimes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bercow causing a riot

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1106166819671494657

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Amendment I has been amended

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Drunkboxer posted:

the trade agreement between the US and the UK isn't actually going to be done by countries, it's going to be a negotiation between US corporations and UK capitalists and they're going to negotiate payments to the UK capitalists in exchange for the US corporations to own everything

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/currywuss/status/1106169206607962112?s=19

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I like that fourth one. "No you can't have another vote on that thing."

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009