Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

mmmyeeeeh that's probably gonna be incredible but I wanted a 4-6 man clusterfuck. :mad:

That's what they have on the show for Cole to get the shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Oh, so they've decided he's never leaving NXT, then? Because Vince sure as hell ain't bringing no 'junior' up.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Oh, so they've decided he's never leaving NXT, then? Because Vince sure as hell ain't bringing no 'junior' up.

On top of that "Albert" is already taken and they already have a couple Hardys

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

On the main roster he’ll be known as Carls Junior.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1105998301940383744

Are they really doing this storyline again

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1105996699795943424

I'll post the rest of the spoilers later but this deserves its own post. :allears:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1105996699795943424

I'll post the rest of the spoilers later but this deserves its own post. :allears:

I know it makes the gimmick an easier sell to Vince (and a portion of the audience) but ditching the bi/pan or even just ambiguous sexuality kind of misses the point of the Dream gimmick, i think.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
Looks like ACH also lost to Humberto Carrillo, some maybe this is another case of new talent jobbing a bunch under their real name before a "proper" debut that they seem to do in NXT every so often.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Black and Ricochet won the Dusty Classic

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Black and Ricochet won the Dusty Classic

:geno: im shocked

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

There is nothing about those 2 characters that makes me understand why they would be a tag team.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

The Berzerker posted:

There is nothing about those 2 characters that makes me understand why they would be a tag team.

Better them than the Forgotten Sons to be honest.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Takeover NY card

Gargano/Cole 2 out of 3 Falls for the vacant NXT title
Io/Kairi/Bianca/Shayna for the Women’s title
War Raiders vs. Ricochet and Aleister Black for the tag titles
Riddle/Dream for the North American title
Dunne/WALTER for the UK title

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Berzerker posted:

They both do the thingy where they go for a dive, then hop off the ropes and do their taunts.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The Berzerker posted:

Eh first Dusty Classic winners were Samoa Joe and Balor so there is precedent

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

it kind of bothers me that there have been four of these tournaments that are built specifically for tag teams and 50% of them have been won by Not A Tag Team

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CarlCX posted:

it kind of bothers me that there have been four of these tournaments that are built specifically for tag teams and 50% of them have been won by Not A Tag Team

it can have a different name and creative committee but NXT is still WWE

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

achillesforever6 posted:

I guess, but haven't they been teaming up on Raw and Smackdown too? (I don't watch either of those but I read that somewhere here). Makes me think they're just becoming a team for more than the tournament?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Takeover NY card

Gargano/Cole 2 out of 3 Falls for the vacant NXT title
Io/Kairi/Bianca/Shayna for the Women’s title
War Raiders vs. Ricochet and Aleister Black for the tag titles
Riddle/Dream for the North American title
Dunne/WALTER for the UK title

That’s a loving sick card

E: especially if you’re going live because I bet they tape dijak/lee for the Wednesday after mania

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Balor and Black would be so much of a better team, their gimmicks at least vaguely seem like they belong together if Balor leaned like 10% more towards the demon thing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CarlCX posted:

Just following in the footsteps of the Crockett Cup. Dusty and Nikita won the 2nd, Sting and Lugar won the 3rd (after being paired up at the last minute because both lost their original partners. Barry Windham turned on Lex before the tournament, and Ron Garvin was "injured" by Kevin Sullivan the night of the card prior to their match).

The Road Warriors (winners of the inaugural tourney) were the only "team" to win.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Here were the full results of the tapings btw

HHH announces the NXT title is vacant; Takeover NY was going to be Ciampa defending against Gargano. Gargano still in the main event for the belt that night, winner of a five-way match next gets to face him and the title match will be 2 out of 3 falls
Adam Cole wins the five-way against Ricochet, Black, Riddle and Dream. Post-match Forgotten Sons attack Black and Ricochet
Punishment Martinez defeats Riddick Moss
Humberto Carrillo defeats Albert Hardie Jr (debuting ACH)

War Raiders defeat a local team of jobbers via squash. Post-match they request another match
War Raiders defeat Cezar Bononi and Adrian Jaoude
Jaxson Ryker defeats Oney Lorcan
Bianca Belair vs Kairi ends in no contest after Shayna, Marina and Jessamyn interfere. Io comes out to make the save, the rest of the women's roster and officials try to stop the brawl, Io lays everyone out with a moonsault and poses with the women's title
Raul Mendoza defeats Brennan Williams (@greatblackotaku finally on TV)
Cole/Gargano face off to end episode 2, Undisputed Era on the ramp saying the NXT title will be theirs

Vanessa Borne and Aliyah vs Kacy Katanzaro and Lacey Lane ends in no contest after Shayna, Marina and Jessamyn interfere
Riddle defeats Kona Reeves. Post-match Dream says he'll defend the North American title against Riddle at Takeover
Ricochet and Black defeat Forgotten Sons to win the Dusty Classic and earn a shot at the War Raiders' tag titles at Takeover. Post-match War Raiders stare down Ricochet and Black to end episode 3. Tapings end with Ricochet and Black talking about how much NXT has meant to them and this may be their last taping but they will always be NXT

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The first report I read was written sloppily and sounded like they were doing a 2 out of 3 falls 5 way match.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If they were going to job the Forgotten Sons anyway could they have at least had the decency not to push Ryker

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

The first report I read was written sloppily and sounded like they were doing a 2 out of 3 falls 5 way match.

That sounds loving awesome.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

That sounds loving awesome.

No it doesn't. Actually think about it for more than 5 seconds.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Gaz-L posted:

I did. Each person would need to pin or submit one other person 2 times, but in order to win it has to be the same person. If a person gets counted out every other person gets a fall. How do you not loving get it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

Okay.

Yeah, that sounds loving awesome.

Maybe it's more accurate to call it a "first to two" match rather than "two out of three" but how does five guys all trying to get two falls in one match not sound like a recipe for total insanity.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Midnightghoul posted:

I did. Each person would need to pin or submit one other person 2 times, but in order to win it has to be the same person. If a person gets counted out every other person gets a fall. How do you not loving get it
This is needlessly complicated. Can't wait to have a loving matrix on-screen to know who is winning.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My thought was that it was a convoluted setup for a 4-way.

3 different guys get a fall each or something.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

VJeff posted:

Okay.

Maybe it's more accurate to call it a "first to two" match rather than "two out of three" but how does five guys all trying to get two falls in one match not sound like a recipe for total insanity.

Friend let me tell you about a match called King of the Mountain...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Everyone loves the idea of 45+ minute long matches, but then the execution happens and you only remember one spot (Brock/Kurt) or the final two minutes (Bret/Shawn) or fans booing when they realize how long it's going to go (Aries/Tyler Black) or HHH taking a nap

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

What about the majesty of the Championship Scramble?! (The reason why Brian Kendrick is technically a former WWE champion)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rare Magic card l00k posted:

:laffo: holy cow that is the most convoluted thing ever.

And yet I am strangely compelled by it.......

Chris James 2 posted:

Everyone loves the idea of 45+ minute long matches, but then the execution happens and you only remember one spot (Brock/Kurt) or the final two minutes (Bret/Shawn) or fans booing when they realize how long it's going to go (Aries/Tyler Black) or HHH taking a nap

Look, those multi-man clusterfuck ladder and MitB and TLC and Wargames matches are usually like half an hour or longer, right? I'm proposing something similar that can still be a multiman clusterfuck spotfest but without all the hurt-y ladders and tables and weapons and poo poo. I'm a hero. :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

5 way match where you need to pin another guy 2 times to win.

Comedy wrestler starts the match using a Grenade, gets one pin on everyone, and spends the entire rest of the match failing to get a second on anyone.

Book it, bingo halls.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

VJeff posted:

Okay.

I prefer it stay three falls max, so if no one gets pinned twice in three falls it's a no-contest. So if two different people get pinned, everyone then suddenly has to try to pin the two people who were already pinned instead of each other because only one other pin is allowed. And if there's a champion involved they are trying to pin a different person so it is a no-contest.

If only someone would've told Jeff Jarrett about this when he was with TNA.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rick posted:

I prefer it stay three falls max, so if no one gets pinned twice in three falls it's a no-contest. So if two different people get pinned, everyone then suddenly has to try to pin the two people who were already pinned instead of each other because only one other pin is allowed. And if there's a champion involved they are trying to pin a different person so it is a no-contest.

If only someone would've told Jeff Jarrett about this when he was with TNA.

Also potential heel champion shenanigans with them trying to trigger the 3rd fall by DQ or something to end the match.

It can be done.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Why all this convoluted nonsense? Instead you could have it be "take two falls and you're eliminated" and it would be loving awesome. You could have a guy take an early fall and then spend the whole match fending off elimination, while another guy is the last man standing having not been eliminated even once but the marathon man rallies and gets two falls on them in dramatic fashion.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Why all this convoluted nonsense? Instead you could have it be "take two falls and you're eliminated" and it would be loving awesome. You could have a guy take an early fall and then spend the whole match fending off elimination, while another guy is the last man standing having not been eliminated even once but the marathon man rallies and gets two falls on them in dramatic fashion.

An EIGHT-fall match. With double-elimination rules. (Oh, sorry, given how booking works, this would be NINE falls).

And people bitch about War Games being too complicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
All this discussion is telling me is that we need to get our own money mark and start Goon Elite Wrestling.