Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

A far more important piece of video dropped shortly after the endgame trailer
https://twitter.com/ScottWamplerBMD/status/1106173505316499458

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Turns out they have to go find The Beyonder (white bathrobe version)

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Check Spider-Man’s bathroom

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Phylodox posted:

The suits look vaguely similar to Ant-Man’s. They’re so everyone can survive the trip through the quantum dimension to go back in time.

This is my guess. They probably didn't mention "temporal vortexes" in Ant-Man 2 at the end for nothing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wonder if the space suit scene is pre carol or something since she doesnt seem to be there

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
More Nebula than I expected. They aren't going to do what I'm potentially thinking they might do, are they?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mikeraskol posted:

More Nebula than I expected. They aren't going to do what I'm potentially thinking they might do, are they?

Have Nebula and Tony make space babies?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mikeraskol posted:

If you’re talking about Nebula taking the gauntlet I doubt it. Infinity Gauntlet played the story in such a different and cosmic scoped way that I just don’t think there’s any merit to playing that particular moment. In the books, it was Thanos becoming vulnerable by his own arrogance after facing the forces and concepts of creation and thinking himself bigger than the gauntlet.. MCU’s Thanos did what he set out to do and, like he said, is now just chilling somewhere not doing anything (if the very first teaser is any indication).

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If you’re talking about Nebula taking the gauntlet I doubt it. Infinity Gauntlet played the story in such a different and cosmic scoped way that I just don’t think there’s any merit to playing that particular moment. In the books, it was Thanos becoming vulnerable by his own arrogance after facing the forces and concepts of creation and thinking himself bigger than the gauntlet.. MCU’s Thanos did what he set out to do and, like he said, is now just chilling somewhere not doing anything (if the very first teaser is any indication).

That's what I was thinking and you make a good point. I was just a little surprised at seeing her with the rest of the group in the white space suit thing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I can't get over Hawkeye's awful mohawk. Why couldn't Thanos have snapped that away?

I do like that one shot of Ant-Man staggering back from the phone pole covered in posters, presumably after just getting out of the quantum realm to find millions died while he wasn't around.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I know endgame is supposed to be a full 3 hours but having thanos and then infinity nebula as a final villain sounds like a bit much

Plus nebula deserves better than that, she should hook up with Carol

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

TwoPair posted:

I do like that one shot of Ant-Man staggering back from the phone pole covered in posters, presumably after just getting out of the quantum realm to find millions died while he wasn't around.

Billions!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Was this "Tony's Left Arm" thing every brought up here before? Is this actually a thing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqcEsAqG9HA

I mean, OK, Tony always getting his left arm injured just seems like a running gag and I'm fine with it. But to extrapolate it out to Tony gets and uses the IG and it destroys his left arm, but he's OK and on and on seems like the stretchiest of stretches.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God, I don't wanna watch any more trailers for Endgame and now I'm probably gonna have to unbookmark this thread

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Arist posted:

God, I don't wanna watch any more trailers for Endgame and now I'm probably gonna have to unbookmark this thread

I mean, the trailers so far haven't said much if at all

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

I know endgame is supposed to be a full 3 hours but having thanos and then infinity nebula as a final villain sounds like a bit much

Plus nebula deserves better than that, she should hook up with Carol

It's a Marvel movie, so the actual final villain will be Evil Avengers.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I liked how low key the trailer was, giving you some tasty little snippets.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I've never seen any of his movies. I wonder what they'll do to make this stand out? There better be some quality non-shakey cam, non quick-cut fight scenes.

EDIT: This was to the Shang Chi post from when I left this tab open last night whoops

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 14, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, the Avengers film theme is still hitting that right spot all these years later.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Man, the Avengers film theme is still hitting that right spot all these years later.

It was pretty subtle. I don't think I noticed it being a Thing despite hearing it a lot until Infinity War.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

It was pretty subtle. I don't think I noticed it being a Thing despite hearing it a lot until Infinity War.

I think the first time it all comes together is when they face off against Loki at the end of the first Avengers. Kind of hard not to notice it now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

They definitely double downed on the theme usage in Infinity War. It helped, since it's instantly more recognizable now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

teagone posted:

They definitely double downed on the theme usage in Infinity War. It helped, since it's instantly more recognizable now.
It’s so good and I love when they use it

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FlamingLiberal posted:

badjohny posted:

Check Spider-Man’s bathroom

The Avengers when they get there:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The end of Avengers and AoU would be over a lot quickly if Carol was with them.

I was watching it thinking "Why haven't see seen Captain Marvel" then bam! Right at the end.

I don't want Cassie to be have been dusted :(

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm gonna say the trailer was bad because it spent so much time rehashing origin stories BUT the Russos are on record saying they wished they didn't have to do any trailers because they don't want to spoil anything, so I imagine that's what's behind it.

https://twitter.com/GQMagazine/status/1106228527341465601

Also grats to Thanos for his GQ story and coming out of the closet.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

twistedmentat posted:

The end of Avengers and AoU would be over a lot quickly if Carol was with them.

I was watching it thinking "Why haven't see seen Captain Marvel" then bam! Right at the end.

I don't want Cassie to be have been dusted :(

Ignoring the fact that the events of Captain Marvel/Infinity War as movies hadn’t even been conceptualized yet, Fury probably didn’t beep Carol in Avengers because dude really wanted to give them and his pet initiative a trial run, do or die

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Calaveron posted:

Ignoring the fact that the events of Captain Marvel/Infinity War as movies hadn’t even been conceptualized yet, Fury probably didn’t beep Carol in Avengers because dude really wanted to give them and his pet initiative a trial run, do or die

A goon in the CineD thread also brought up the notion that, based on the post-credits stinger, it takes some time for the cosmos pager to send its signal since Carol showed up an unspecified amount of time later. She likely wouldn't have made it in time anyways.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

New poster is out and has Carol on it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It would be kind of fun if when Carol is introduced to the Avengers she reveals that she's actually been coming back to Earth a bunch of times and every single major event had her working in the background taking care of stuff they didn't think of.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/GQMagazine/status/1106228527341465601

Also grats to Thanos for his GQ story and coming out of the closet.

"Being the photo model of an article about abs isn't something one considers getting when getting in shape, but I must admit, this does put a smile on my face"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

New poster is out and has Carol on it

Uh more importantly Hawkeye is on it

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

It would be kind of fun if when Carol is introduced to the Avengers she reveals that she's actually been coming back to Earth a bunch of times and every single major event had her working in the background taking care of stuff they didn't think of.

Fury paged her every time but the events were always resolved when she was in transit, pissing her off. So she didn't come for a while on this one. Whoops!

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 14, 2019

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

mikeraskol posted:

Okoye but no T'Challa, nice.

I mean...there’s a good reason for that...

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Phylodox posted:

I mean...there’s a good reason for that...

For some reason I thought there were dusted people on there at first. Realized after looking again.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Huh, what do you think is going on in that direction?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Thor is the only one looking in the other direction, confirmed that he's adam warlock.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So there's some kind of time laps in the movie right? Seeing the full blonde/grown out hair from widow means maybe 6 months or so passes from the snap?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Kingtheninja posted:

Huh, what do you think is going on in that direction?

Hakkesshu posted:

Thor is the only one looking in the other direction, confirmed that he's adam warlock.

A really good plate of shwarma. Thor has to look the other way otherwise he would fry everyone to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

mikeraskol posted:

Fury paged her every time but the events were always resolved when she was in transit, pissing her off. So she didn't come for a while on this one. Whoops!

That could be a pretty funny short. Danvers showing up and Fury saying "whoops never mind" with various exploded things in the background.