Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

One good because planes slow and crap. Five bad because planes are crap. K.

But I do agree that we’ve lost the battlefield chaos in five and one compared to four and three.

Disagree that five tanks are OP. Heavies and mediums are almost worthless due to their slow speed. Any tank is screwed with a mobility disable because you’re going to move slower than a infantry’s walking speed. And driving back to repair stations for ammo and health sucks. Still better than bf one, where you had only the arty truck and flanker as worth using.

Slow and crap is good, because they're easier to shoot down, which is very fun!
To be honest, BF4 planes were crap too, because they they were just high altitude and fast. But at least you had stingers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Most fixed wing aircraft in the modern BF games are worthless. It just turns into skylord v skylord, and you might as well forget about them contributing.

BF1 and V the craft are slow enough that you can strafe and do some damage to infantry, even if you're not in a bomber. It is way better than 4 assholes in jets circling each other for 40 minutes.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm glad this battlefield doesn't have the elite pickups because those were dumb as hell

But also BF1 was my least favorite since BF2 so

4>BC2>V>3>1>2 I'm (for the ones I've played)

BF1s launch was an improvement over 4 but that's not saying much. It also took forever to get 1 in the state it's in. V is in good shape comparatively.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD
Been a while since I've been on but moving is a pain in the butt. I have my PS4 now so I'll be getting back on again! Forgot my mic though so that sucks!

How much have they broken the game in the meantime?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

WALLGOD posted:

Been a while since I've been on but moving is a pain in the butt. I have my PS4 now so I'll be getting back on again! Forgot my mic though so that sucks!

How much have they broken the game in the meantime?

well you probably haven't witnessed the "blinding interstitial frames while observing squadmates while dead" bug and that's a big, fun one the first time it pops.

i freaked out i thought my TV had broken

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Oh I forgot Hardline was also good, to me

But I only used the double barrel shotgun really

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Oh I forgot Hardline was also good, to me

But I only used the double barrel shotgun really

Hardline was bad, actually

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Hot Diggity! posted:

I'm glad this battlefield doesn't have the elite pickups because those were dumb as hell

But also BF1 was my least favorite since BF2 so

4>BC2>V>3>1>2 I'm (for the ones I've played)

BF1s launch was an improvement over 4 but that's not saying much. It also took forever to get 1 in the state it's in. V is in good shape comparatively.

I'm bad at it but I absolutely loving love playing a sneaky tank hunter in BF1 and will just drop what I'm doing and run to pick up the kit if it ever appears then just slink about ruining people's days from across the map until they spot me and I get obliterated

Once I managed to hit an attack plane with the Tankgewehr as it was coming in to bomb me, then managed to run to the side, spin round, and hit it again from the hip as it shot by, exploding it and killing both passengers. I have never before or since felt like such a badass, and I must have laughed for like a minute straight.

Elite kits seem kind of fun, and I liked behemoths too which I think are also gone? There's a real sense of awe when you see them and it's cool as hell when the zeppelins crash etc, shame if there's nothing like that in 5.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm bad at it but I absolutely loving love playing a sneaky tank hunter in BF1 and will just drop what I'm doing and run to pick up the kit if it ever appears then just slink about ruining people's days from across the map until they spot me and I get obliterated

Once I managed to hit an attack plane with the Tankgewehr as it was coming in to bomb me, then managed to run to the side, spin round, and hit it again from the hip as it shot by, exploding it and killing both passengers. I have never before or since felt like such a badass, and I must have laughed for like a minute straight.

Elite kits seem kind of fun, and I liked behemoths too which I think are also gone? There's a real sense of awe when you see them and it's cool as hell when the zeppelins crash etc, shame if there's nothing like that in 5.

Yea I liked the elite classes a lot. The flamethrower kit was pretty lovely but the others ones ranked from pretty good (sentry kit) to very good (tankhunter and the double barrel sentry kit) to loving awesome (trench raider kit). I never really got to use the other one with the grenade launcher and artillery/spawn beacon stuff, but it was probably good as well.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

RCarr posted:

Yea I liked the elite classes a lot. The flamethrower kit was pretty lovely but the others ones ranked from pretty good (sentry kit) to very good (tankhunter and the double barrel sentry kit) to loving awesome (trench raider kit). I never really got to use the other one with the grenade launcher and artillery/spawn beacon stuff, but it was probably good as well.

Yeah I could never get the flamethrower to click, but other people seem to do well with it so maybe it was just me

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The problem with the flamethrower was that you were incredibly vulnerable to flaming enemies heroically bayonet charging you

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The Bananana posted:

Hardline was bad, actually

I see someone was not part of the :cumpolice:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The elite classes were one thing in bf one I actually wish they’d kept. I do think they could have been buffed a bit, like r carr pointed out.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Considering the time-line of the tides of war so far and with Greece being the next "campaign" is there any chance they'll release something eastern front related, including soviet infantry/vehicles/planes?

Barbarossa started proper in late June i think and the invasion of Greece, at least by ze Germans was in like spring 41.

If they do any of the early Barbarossa battles, like Brest Fortress or the Battle of Moscow, I would be insanely happy.

How long did they keep adding stuff to BF1?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Come play m'lord

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

vivisectvnv posted:

Considering the time-line of the tides of war so far and with Greece being the next "campaign" is there any chance they'll release something eastern front related, including soviet infantry/vehicles/planes?

Barbarossa started proper in late June i think and the invasion of Greece, at least by ze Germans was in like spring 41.

If they do any of the early Barbarossa battles, like Brest Fortress or the Battle of Moscow, I would be insanely happy.

How long did they keep adding stuff to BF1?

I mean surely, surely they have to have Stalingrad at least.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Come play m'lord

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

As a whole class, maybe, I didn't play BF1... but I do think BF4 style individual weapon pickups were dope as gently caress. They all had their little niche so they were either worthless or unstoppable, and when you run out of ammo you still have all your regular stuff to fall back on.

My favorites were the instakill sniper on Lockers to close off the outside lane and the anti air launcher on Shanghai to make helis stop loving around with C.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 12, 2019

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I guess the bad thing about getting a game like this late is that everyone is a twitch gamer insta head shot champ now.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I guess the bad thing about getting a game like this late is that everyone is a twitch gamer insta head shot champ now.

It's not THAT late, but comes with the territory kinda :(

All bout runnin dat goon squad, he says having not been online in like five days :smith:

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Even if we all disagree about the best Battlefield (1 is supreme), the series is still the best combined arms shooter in the world and every other game can suck Battlefield's butt. Even a bad Battlefield is fun (excluding Hardlines because lol). Even if I prefer 1 I think DICE will make BFV a great game over time, unless it sold so poorly that they cancel tides of war in favor of making the next Battlefield. I'm kinda hoping the next BF game is set in Vietnam because I'm still not quite ready for a modern BF and Vietnam will be a nice break from 20th century European combat.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Anyone up for some ps4 tonight?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I still think 4 was the best.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

ZeusCannon posted:

I still think 4 was the best.

4 was great but it really proves that you shouldn't pass judgement on a Battlefield game until at least a year after it comes out.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I love 4 and 1 very much. Both of those games I played for years and can still hop right back into today and enjoy.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Firestorm trailer is out. It’s a cinematic. Lol. Good trailer though. I’m not a BR fan but I’ll give it a shot. The lack of swastikas concerns me from a historical accuracy perspective

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Talking heads makes up for the lack of swastilas.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/EA_DICE/status/1106179622981550080

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

FastestGunAlive posted:

Firestorm trailer is out. It’s a cinematic. Lol. Good trailer though. I’m not a BR fan but I’ll give it a shot. The lack of swastikas concerns me from a historical accuracy perspective

The base game doesn't have any swastikas and lol c'mon man historical accuracy in an arcade shooter

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I hope they fix the netcode, I'm tired of my bullets hitting the ground in front of me.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
:thejoke: y'all, stand down

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Beastie posted:

I hope they fix the netcode, I'm tired of my bullets hitting the ground in front of me.

Goddamn right. Also fix the netcode that makes me suck.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hope it adds some variety to BR games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o5VPMtCzTI

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Tei posted:

I hope it adds some variety to BR games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o5VPMtCzTI

It will. Unlike other BR games that quickly put you into another round, you'll get to wait 3 minutes between rounds for the map to be ready.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Yeah BF5's load times are sinful

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah BF5's load times are sinful

They seem better than bf1s load times. Though that was greatly improved over the lifespan of the game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

lambskin posted:

They seem better than bf1s load times. Though that was greatly improved over the lifespan of the game.

Yeah BF1 at launch was horrendous. V suffers from a long boot up, and some stupidly long matchmaking.

It takes like 2+ minutes to put me and Fastest in a Rush game on a Thursday at 6:30pm.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

It will. Unlike other BR games that quickly put you into another round, you'll get to wait 3 minutes between rounds for the map to be ready.

The solution to that is easy, never abandon the map, just spawn stuff. Is frostbyte cool with having ingame menus?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Don’t really see Firestorm dragging me away from Apex but there are helicopters to blow up so that should be fun at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Apex was the best BR I’ve played and the only one I actually liked and I’m not even playing it anymore. I’ll try Firestorm but meh. The genre really doesn’t hold my interest long at all.