Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/wesstreeting/status/1106240295698644992

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Azza Bamboo posted:

The real galaxy brain would be thinking that people don't want benn for a longer time, only one day, so you gather a crowd to vote for the amendment amendment to try and wreck the amendment but ultimately fail to do so.

Or people who don't want it in force at all, so they for vote the amendment to the amendment to it to make it less palatable!

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Andrew Sparrow might actually be the dumbest motherfucker in politics

he's reporting the both-lobby-vote abstentions as votes and thinks "until june" is a shorter time period than on one given day. How badly are you scraping the barrel when your journalists can't even read?

Doccykins posted:

If anything this is showing that May has got the DUP back onside

I don't think it does, the DUP very much don't want another ref and they don't want an extension. They were loudly talking about being happy with no deal.

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum

This is the dumbest loving tweet, there are only 650 MPs, not 664 as that tweet implies.

Also implying that no Labour MP voted for it jfc the mindworms on this guy.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Sarah Wollaston already promising another Peoples vote amendment next week if Benn vote passes...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What the gently caress is even happening over there now?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The "STOOOPPPPPPPP BREEEEEEXXXXIT" noise seems to have devolved into a kind of wordless hooting. Is this why T-May keeps losing her voice?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They've hosed it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/stephenkb/status/1106249965926580229

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

OwlFancier posted:

There's an old school left idea that basically dismisses all what you might call liberal progressivism as bourgeois decadence. So they tend to be poo poo on lgbt stuff and also a bit iffy on feminism sometimes too.

But if someone can construct a proper marxist argument against sexual deviancy I would be fascinated to hear it cos I don't reckon it exists.

His whole shtick is lefty "lads" culture and bants. Its all sexist as gently caress as well. He's big in the Red London crowd, which is the same kind of stuff. Lots of calls for the left to be more "normal" which of course is coded as straight, white and male.

The RMT left is all godawful to be honest. We also have Steve Hedley, who ran his former partner out of the union after she accused him of beating her up. He was the lefts candidate to succeed Crow, after the thoroughly compelling allegations were widely known.

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another

Hobo posted:

This is the dumbest loving tweet, there are only 650 MPs, not 664 as that tweet implies.

That's not what he's saying, he's saying that even if Labour had opposed this unanimously, they still would have lost.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Less chaos than I was hoping for but currently parliament is trying to figure out something amongst itself.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Hobo posted:

That's...not his point at all? He's saying if you assume that every single Labour MP abstained (i.e. the worst possible assumption you could make as a fbpe) then you can't turn around and say the amendment would have passed if Labour had voted for it. He then goes on to say that this is before you consider that some Labour members may have broken the whip and voted for the amendment, or against the amendment, in which case Labour abstainers would have had even less of an effect on the result.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Failed Imagineer posted:

The "STOOOPPPPPPPP BREEEEEEXXXXIT" noise seems to have devolved into a kind of wordless hooting. Is this why T-May keeps losing her voice?

They've hosed it

Who is they in this case?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OwlFancier posted:

Less chaos than I was hoping for but currently parliament is trying to figure out something amongst itself.

So you're all still hosed, basically?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Hobo posted:

the brighton macewielder did a two-vote abstention

Reveilled posted:

That's...not his point at all? He's saying if you assume that every single Labour MP abstained (i.e. the worst possible assumption you could make as a fbpe) then you can't turn around and say the amendment would have passed if Labour had voted for it. He then goes on to say that this is before you consider that some Labour members may have broken the whip and voted for the amendment, or against the amendment, in which case Labour abstainers would have had even less of an effect on the result.

it'd have been 315 vs 316 with perfect labour turnout

Spangly A fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 14, 2019

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

In some way yes but not the same way as just a couple of days ago?

We're still heading for no deal but the PM has also lost authority over her party.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's going to take a while for parliament to make any progress if it's even capable of it. The current vote is to take the government's control of the country off it for a day, so I would call that progress.

The vote that just failed by a mere 4, was to take the government's control of the country off it until june so that should give you an idea of how weak the government is.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://commonsvotes.digiminster.com/Divisions/Details/630?byMember=false#noes

why is kate hoey

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Failed Imagineer posted:

They've hosed it

Apparently a big UKIP contingent turned up today to counter-protest the stop brexit shouters. It's probably them.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

crispix posted:

Apparently a big UKIP contingent turned up today to counter-protest the stop brexit shouters. It's probably them.

if it is expect JeremoudCorbynejad to have the scoops direct from his mum

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Regarde Aduck posted:

Who is they in this case?

*waves generally across the Irish Sea*

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This is... the nay tellers are back?...close.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OwlFancier posted:

It's going to take a while for parliament to make any progress if it's even capable of it. The current vote is to take the government's control of the country off it for a day, so I would call that progress.

The vote that just failed by a mere 4, was to take the government's control of the country off it until june so that should give you an idea of how weak the government is.

I wonder if this is how the end of Roman Britain went down.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Is there somewhere that can give me, a foreign observer of your ongoing chaos, a rough timeline of exactly wtf is going on? Because I can't suss it scanning the thread.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's really hard to deselect a sitting MP.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ReidRansom posted:

Is there somewhere that can give me, a foreign observer of your ongoing chaos, a rough timeline of exactly wtf is going on? Because I can't suss it scanning the thread.

What do you want to know?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Rust Martialis posted:

This is... the nay tellers are back?...close.

holy poo poo that's just :negative:

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1106251603114426368

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Benn Amendment:

Yes 312 - No 314

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Two.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Jesus Christ, these votes. A couple of votes away from something happening.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oof, denied by 2 votes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/stephenkb/status/1106251779807870979

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
spineless cunts voting to give themselves no power to stop their country sinking into the ocean. you have to lol, dont you?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
gently caress sake

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

OwlFancier posted:

Oof, denied by 2 votes.

One person switching.

Would have then given Bercow the casting vote, right?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/JackTindale/status/1105234242836008960

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Sorry, just to clarify from the sidelines, but the UK's not asked for an extension yet, right? Is that still the emergency option if everything else fails, pass a request for an extension and cross your fingers no EU country scuttles it?

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Benn amendment fails, onto the Corbyn one (clearing the motion out of the government guff and making it a clear just go to Brussels and request extension)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

poo poo gently caress oval office where are their loving names

e; I'm starting to get the very strong impression that nobody appears to know what the Lucy Powell amendment did, because I'm seeing a lot of MPs write contradictory things and I think the "gently caress your power until june" interpretation is wrong

best parliament

Spangly A fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 14, 2019