Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Did Bryant just remove his own amendment from the agenda? Why? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnREVb33zx0

No 2nd referendum, no changes to the bill.

The choice is now between no deal Brexit or ask for an extension

twoday has issued a correction as of 19:24 on Mar 14, 2019

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
So, if this passes, AND her deal passes next week, then why would you need to ask for an extension?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Project Fear did not defeat us. We defeated Project Fear. Bravo! Good job everyone, we did it. Bravo!

twoday
May 4, 2005

CactusWeasle posted:

So, if this passes, AND her deal passes next week, then why would you need to ask for an extension?

They still haven't done a lot of basic planning

twoday
May 4, 2005

The ayes have it, so... Extension approved?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
May isnt even in her seat , lol

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

twoday posted:

Asking for an extension...

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

twoday posted:

Now to wait and see if Farage's little mission to Rome was successful

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Captain Splendid posted:

Asking for an extension...

Its not even binding right.

And they still don't have a deal?

twoday
May 4, 2005

A tory MP says death threats were made by two loud Scottish Nationalists banging on the window of his office last night, saying that his only staffer who was there was threatened, when they said "you will be hanging by the noose in an Independent Scotland"

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lol, 412 against 202 for an extension. They had never any intention of leaving and this stupid shitshow will never end. See you in June, for the next extension

twoday
May 4, 2005

C'mon Italo-Hungarian extension veto

bleulemon
Mar 7, 2019
brexit means loving brexit. lexit.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Opferwurst posted:

Lol, 412 against 202 for an extension. They had never any intention of leaving and this stupid shitshow will never end. See you in June, for the next extension

But...what if EU says no??

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/scottmann4NC/status/1106128906480951296

twoday
May 4, 2005

incoherent posted:

No deal March 29th or revoke article 50

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

so what is the general consensus on what the EU will say

or is this a silly question because the obvious answer is "who the gently caress knows lol"

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I know as an American I am in a perpetual glass houses situation here but

I just cannot wrap me noggin around how dumb and insane this whole thing is

like just revoke it lmao you don't have to actually leave, just don't do it hahahahaha

twoday
May 4, 2005

The leadership of the EU has been saying that they would approve a short extension but only if they are brought a plan. If there is no plan, they would support a two year extension.

The thing is they have no plan

However, any single EU country could veto it, and there is a chance that Hungary or Italy might do that.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

pancake rabbit posted:

or is this a silly question because the obvious answer is "who the gently caress knows lol"

Both the EU27 and the commission have signalled their willingness to a limited extension, but it greatly depends on the reasons given by the UK government as to why they want it (Tusk has previously said that an extension only makes sense if the UK are able to actually bring something new to the table) and every single EU government has to approve of it. I think yesterday Farage actually went to Rome to try and convince Salvini to veto an extension, so it probably mostly depends on how successful he was

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

pancake rabbit posted:

EU will agree. I mean, there is always room for some freak accident, but barring that, Britain is here to stay. Welcome to the EU, my British friends

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hungry and Italy are not gonna veto it. It was just dumb posturing for domestic consumption. They are not gonna cause a 0.1% growth drop and food riots on European soil for some stupid PR stunt

twoday
May 4, 2005

Brexiteer Twitter is lit right now

https://twitter.com/lorraineSW1/status/1106265341963857920?s=19

:qq: Please EU, interfere in our domestic politics, we beg you!! :qq:

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Opferwurst posted:

Hungry and Italy are not gonna veto it. It was just dumb posturing for domestic consumption. They are not gonna cause a 0.1% growth drop and food riots on European soil for some stupid PR stunt

wouldn't be european soil at that point bing bing bong so simple

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I say let all 27 of those nations put it to their people in a referendum

twoday
May 4, 2005

Opferwurst posted:

So what are going to do, approve a three month extension with 0% that a plan will be approved?

Or force the UK to arrange European elections so they can keep sitting on the EU's neck for two more years?

(the first one, I guess)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
So Brexit is going to be like the US debt ceiling: a permanent political crisis that flares up every few months as the next deadline looms.

twoday
May 4, 2005

CactusWeasle posted:

Spread Brexit to all the lands of the earth! The sun never sets on Brexit! :unsmigghh:

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Nothus posted:

So Brexit is going to be like the US debt ceiling: a permanent political crisis that flares up every few months as the next deadline looms.

"oh no we gotta do voting to spend more imaginary fake money that will never matter because we're never, EVER going to pay it off, or else SHUTDOWN!!!!" yeah I love my dumb cdoutnry

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

CactusWeasle posted:

Germany has a constitutional ban on binding referenda, so I hope that means an automatica veto to any extension.

twoday
May 4, 2005

General elections and delay would make sense, if I were Corbyn I would submit another vote of no confidence

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

They should clearly wait on such an important decision until after the MEP elections

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nothus posted:

it’s only a crisis when a democrat is president

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

Germany has a constitutional ban on binding referenda, so I hope that means an automatica veto to any extension.

Can you tone down your weird little kraut aggression?

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

incoherent posted:

If I was EU I would wait till the very last day before saying 'yes'

UK deserves to soil its pants at least, this is a shitshow after all

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

twoday posted:

So what are going to do, approve a three month extension with 0% that a plan will be approved?

Or force the UK to arrange European elections so they can keep sitting on the EU's neck for two more years?

(the first one, I guess)

The UK government has done zero preparations or any serious financial commitments to Brexit because it clearly does not intend to go through with Brexit, ever.

If the EU ever seriously considers throwing the UK out by not extending the date, the UK will just pull A50. But much more likely is that they will manage to avert Brexit permanently before that by holding a second referendum or a general election or people just getting tired of it after two or three more years of this. This is all just a huge sham.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

CactusWeasle posted:

:getin:

nato too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Regarde Aduck posted:

Can you tone down your weird little kraut aggression?

after bomber harris randler is allowed their fun