Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

The pitch for Crank3D is that after Crank 2, Chev dies, goes to hell, and is sent back to earth by the Devil himself with this stipulation that if he can do 666 sins, he’s allowed to stay on earth

If I like it enough I might keep it for myself, mostly I want an excuse to play on my new software

It's like a reverse 99 Good Deeds For Eddie McDowd.

I hope the Patreon means the Doom House restoration can be made.

Also, I don't remember Wyoming. What was their avatar?

I'm so loving elated. My favorite pizza place has been closed for renovations since early February and they finally opened up today. It's the closest thing I have to culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I saw free solo and I dont recall anything about him being lovely to her.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Wyoming had like a pixel dude with sunglasses as an av.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's like a reverse 99 Good Deeds For Eddie McDowd.

I'm so loving elated. My favorite pizza place has been closed for renovations since early February and they finally opened up today. It's the closest thing I have to culture.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who remembers that show. In retrospect it was setting that goal as an obvious bid for minimum amount of episodes for syndication. They never made it though, and Eddie McDowd dog is probably long dead.

And happy (pizza) pie day!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

banned from Starbucks posted:

I saw free solo and I dont recall anything about him being lovely to her.

He basically tells her “I don’t care about you enough to not massively risk my life and traumatise you soz lol”

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

He basically tells her “I don’t care about you enough to not massively risk my life and traumatise you soz lol”

He also blames her for his injuries and anxiety. It's not really abusive, but let's just say that I wouldn't date him.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

axelblaze posted:

Wyoming had like a pixel dude with sunglasses as an av.

Still posts in the Star Wars thread.

God drat is The Friends Of Eddie Coyle good.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

pospysyl posted:

He also blames her for his injuries and anxiety. It's not really abusive, but let's just say that I wouldn't date him.

Yeah. He seems self-aware enough to know most of that stuff wasn't actually her fault, but some of the things he said were pretty hurtful. I wouldn't say he's a lovely person, but he makes it clear that rock climbing is his number one priority in life.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Fart City posted:

God drat is The Friends Of Eddie Coyle good.

Count your fuckin’ knuckles.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

That's fine if it is. It would be kinda lovely for her to expect him to drop his lifes goal and basically his entire career over a couple month relationship. I think hes also in the spectrum so hes prob maybe not the best with words.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Count your fuckin’ knuckles.

I love the on-location shooting. You can practically smell the stale beer at that Bruins game.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who remembers that show. In retrospect it was setting that goal as an obvious bid for minimum amount of episodes for syndication.

I always thought that too. But I never thought it would get anywhere near the goal since it was in that era of TV where shows didn't get finales and just kinda disappeared.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Fart City posted:

I love the on-location shooting. You can practically smell the stale beer at that Bruins game.

Great use of ugly-rear end Government Center too. I love the suburban train station where that stakeout takes place too, i think it's in Malden maybe?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samuel Clemens posted:

It's possible for two dark-haired parents to have a blond child, if they both have blond hair as recessive gene, just somewhat rare.

My sister had a teacher who thought it would be fun to use his students as examples when he teached about dominant and recessive genes. Because of this one of his students accidentally discovered that she was the result of an extramarital affair.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Everyone knows that David Cross is Vargo and that AOC is SMG.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Paul Verhoeven was an oracle.

https://twitter.com/BWWings/status/1106198395092373504

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Alhazred posted:

My sister had a teacher who thought it would be fun to use his students as examples when he teached about dominant and recessive genes. Because of this one of his students accidentally discovered that she was the result of an extramarital affair.

i feel like i've heard some variant of this story a million times

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

DC Murderverse posted:

it's a teacher's friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend story on par with "1 lb morfeen"

i don't doubt that it happened to someone somewhere but i've heard it's happened to a lot of people's cousins, let's say

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

McCloud posted:

Putting Dickeyes meltdown tantrum aside, I got a final farewell message from Botl, which I will happily share with you guys:

Man people didn't like it when I posted a YouTube I should post an actual post now, what the gently caress dude,why are you so hornt for him

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Franchescanado posted:

You should post that in the Mod Feedback forum in QQCS for the BotL fans.

He should be probated for helping evade a ban

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

You have to be careful with these cute educational moments. I've got friends that work as laboratory scientists, and during their university education course one of the things you do is take a venous blood sample and centrifuge it, and when you do you end up with blood at the bottom, plasma at the top, and what is supposed to be a fairly thin layer in the middle with all your white blood cells.

More than one student found out they had leukemia based on that middle layer being super thick.

The good news in all this is that it gives you a chance to catch it early I guess, but still

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Cold take, the Eternia scenes from Masters of the Universe are pretty great. As far as b-movies go, the production design on those 25 or so minutes of the movie were fantastic. Too bad about the rest though.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
With only two weeks left before delivery, my wife and I finally picked a name for our baby girl. :3

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

With only two weeks left before delivery, my wife and I finally picked a name for our baby girl. :3

Is it Eternia?

Also congrats.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MacheteZombie posted:

Is it Chelsea like the trash Chelsea supporter you are, I spit, venomously

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Mazel tov! For you, that's probably the hardest part of the pregnancy :v:. I've known couples that were undecided on a name right until birth

I'm super curious what you went with, but it's probably best to keep that to yourselves, internet being what it is. Still, congrats and good luck, hope you didn't like being well rested

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Is it Eternia?

Also congrats.

Zackly Snyderista

Ripley Jude

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Is it Chelsea like the trash Chelsea supporter you are, I spit, venomously

Haha when we were first picking names that came up and about half dozen footballer names I liked. She forbade names from sports pretty quickly. Smart lady.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MacheteZombie posted:

Zackly Snyderista

Ripley Jude

Haha when we were first picking names that came up and about half dozen footballer names I liked. She forbade names from sports pretty quickly. Smart lady.

My first born child Philadelphia Flyers

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

Cold take, the Eternia scenes from Masters of the Universe are pretty great. As far as b-movies go, the production design on those 25 or so minutes of the movie were fantastic. Too bad about the rest though.

I really like the idea that music is the key to the universe, and Gwildoor has some legit great moments in that movie.

"Only one of you, Kevin. Only one of anybody."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRtEopZrMoM

and motherfucking Strickland from Back to the Future owns as the hesitant hard boiled cop who jumps all in once he sees poo poo got real.

MacheteZombie posted:

I read this too fast and thought you wrote that you picked an anime for your baby girl and I was HORRIFIED.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Zackly Snyderista

Ripley Jude

Clearly a couple of good taste. This internet stranger approves

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Yeah, there’s definitely the stuff of a good movie in Masters of the Universe, it’s just missing a director with the vision to establish the right tone and keep it consistent.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

You're gonna joke about naming it Gritty, the mother makes an uncomfortable face, then it comes out with orange fur and you remember you were out of town one weekend 9 months ago.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
MotU has the problem where it veers so far from the cartoon you have kids left going "wha, wait. Where's Orko? And Kringer? Why are they eating at McDonalds". And it's not strong enough on its own merits for adults to jump on and enjoy. Maybe a better director could have threaded the needle, but I felt the script didn't live up to what could have been a crazy fantasy meets high tech sorcery gig.

TMNT kind of does the same, but with tone. You still get your pizza and casey jones and Raph being a hothead. It's just not bright and campy.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Skwirl posted:

You're gonna joke about naming it Gritty, the mother makes an uncomfortable face, then it comes out with orange fur and you remember you were out of town one weekend 9 months ago.

Proud to be cucked by leftist folk hero Gritty

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Heres my daughter Drogba Hazard

McCloud posted:

Clearly a couple of good taste. This internet stranger approves

Thank you!

ruddiger posted:

I read this too fast and thought you wrote that you picked an anime for your baby girl and I was HORRIFIED.

Lol like an anime as my child or one for her to watch?

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 15, 2019

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

These forums need to move faster when it's my last hour of work.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Anonymous Robot posted:

Yeah, there’s definitely the stuff of a good movie in Masters of the Universe, it’s just missing a director with the vision to establish the right tone and keep it consistent.

I think we all know which director would be perfect for a Masters of the Universe remake

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, bring on the Whedon reboot!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

McCloud posted:

I think we all know which director would be perfect for a Masters of the Universe remake

Barry Jenkins?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

MotU has the problem where it veers so far from the cartoon you have kids left going "wha, wait. Where's Orko? And Kringer? Why are they eating at McDonalds". And it's not strong enough on its own merits for adults to jump on and enjoy. Maybe a better director could have threaded the needle, but I felt the script didn't live up to what could have been a crazy fantasy meets high tech sorcery gig.

Even just making the human characters younger would have done wonders for the movie, I think. On my rewatch I found myself wondering what the drama around Courteney Cox and her boyfriend had to do with He-Man. The movie passed on a golden opportunity to have rad 80s skateboarding kids look at this huge muscle-man action figure come to life.

McCloud posted:

George Lucas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

therattle posted:

Barry Jenkins?

Wes Anderson.