Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Just lol if you think anything other than No Deal is going to happen.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
No one knows what's going to happen so why make the decision that it has to be the worst outcome?

I don't think assuming the worst has ever actually helped me cope with things better.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

crispix posted:

What in the gently caress must those in Brussels looking at this make of it? :/

This is such a loving basket case of a country :cripes:

I mean Belgium didn't have a government for like a year, it's just our turn to wear the 'minor European monarchy can't find its arsehole with both hands' clownshoes apparently.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

dispatch_async posted:

22nd March, 2023. The BBC understands that Theresa May is confident of winning the 217th meaningful vote on her Brexit deal

In the year 2525, if May is still alive
If Europe survive, they may find

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lie
Everything you think, do and say
Is in the @dril tweet you read today

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 14, 2019

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Just lol if you think anything other than No Deal is going to happen.

:smith:

Yeah it's pretty depressing that no-one in Parliament outside the most eye-swivelling of Tory robber barons actually want no deal but there isn't a majority for literally anything else and so here we are. I guess it's theoretically better than if there were actual full-throated support for it, but collapsing into chaos just by default is grim enough.

Who knows though, it's not quite too late and the government's complete lack of power does at least leave an opportunity for something unexpected to happen.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

V. Illych L. posted:

today, she was arrested for setting her own car on fire

Is that even a crime? (assuming she didn't get the chance to make a false report and/or claim on her insurance) Some sort of public danger law if it was on a public street? Maybe a clean air violation?

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

why the gently caress would they do this

backbenchers in opposition voting for the government having power

what the hell

It's because they'd rather have the Government in charge of things than their own side.

Don't call them Tories though, that's abuse.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm in agreement with the Kaiser Chiefs.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Regarde Aduck posted:

No one knows what's going to happen so why make the decision that it has to be the worst outcome?

Because have you seen this government?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
also I don't have ideas for a cartoon today, only this

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
Omni-shambles just makes more AND MORE AND MORE AND loving MORE SENSE EVERY loving DAY!

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Azza Bamboo posted:

:vince:

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Julio Cruz posted:

Is that even a crime? (assuming she didn't get the chance to make a false report and/or claim on her insurance) Some sort of public danger law if it was on a public street? Maybe a clean air violation?

Criminal damage by arson? Setting fires is dangerous, there is no way she could have stopped it spreading if it had got out of control or the petrol fumes had exploded. Plus it leaves one helluva charred mess for people to clean up. Car fires can burn hot enough to melt tarmac.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:brexit:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

OwlFancier posted:

No not at all. The actual PV lot all abstained on it as did Labour which suggests Labour might be actually trying for it, the thing is they (correctly) believe it can only pass if everything else is exhausted, so they're gonna try it again at the last minute.

So, how last minute are we talking about here? Are they actually going to leave time to actually go to the EU to ask for the extension, AND having all 27 members agree?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:bisonyes:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

uXs posted:

So, how last minute are we talking about here? Are they actually going to leave time to actually go to the EU to ask for the extension, AND having all 27 members agree?

I thank the hon. member for their very interesting question.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1106293889135267840

:allears:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

Yeah, everything is average nowadays.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Lady Demelza posted:

Criminal damage by arson? Setting fires is dangerous, there is no way she could have stopped it spreading if it had got out of control or the petrol fumes had exploded. Plus it leaves one helluva charred mess for people to clean up. Car fires can burn hot enough to melt tarmac.

That's why I'm wondering if it was on a public road. In general I believe setting fire to your own stuff isn't a crime if you're not doing it for fraudulent purposes and it doesn't damage or risk damaging any other property (though IANAL so I could be wrong).

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
in less dogshit news, turns out our home office has to at least for a little while stop deporting people willy nilly https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47577266

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Azza Bamboo posted:

Me too. What is that coming over the hill, I think it's a Monster?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Funso Banjo posted:

Me too. What is that coming over the hill, I think it's a Monster?

no you're thinking of the Automatic, best known for the hit Ghost Town

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Julio Cruz posted:

no you're thinking of the Automatic, best known for the hit Ghost Town
That was The Specials, though you might remember them for Baggy Trousers.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

That was The Specials, though you might remember them for Baggy Trousers.

I've had people say similar things in the past and I've had to restrain myself from violence for disparaging literally the only good thing that Coventry has ever produced.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Julio Cruz posted:

I've had people say similar things in the past and I've had to restrain myself from violence for disparaging literally the only good thing that Coventry has ever produced.

That's madness.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Azza Bamboo posted:

gently caress it, I haven't chipped in to buy Lowtax a spine yet. Anyone want to animate it first?

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
forgot vince cable was leader, just knew he was still chugging along somehow

https://twitter.com/hzeffman/status/1106291999903223816

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jedit posted:

That's madness.

i will end u

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if parliament will agree to no deal brexit, but with a four year extension :v:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Azza Bamboo posted:

:golfclap:

Nuclear Spoon posted:

Oh no. Not that political colossus *checks notes* Vince Cable. :geno:

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Cable to stand down as leader of the Lib Dems after the May local elections

Well that will teach me to not refresh

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Lady Demelza posted:

Guy, she's getting charged with faking a criminal case which is a massive fraud on the entire police and security service. In addition to the insane hypocrisy of her lambasting the left in the media, it's the biggest scandal for any minister in absolute decades. She's cost the police millions in a wild goose chase. She literally faked a left wing terrorist threat against the justice minister, the torching of the car was just the last shoe to drop.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47575873

Guy is loving done as minister

This is like if May faked a terrorist attack on her self to get Corbyn arrested.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nice piece of fish posted:

This is like if May faked a terrorist attack on her self to get Corbyn arrested.
Look forward to this in the April thread.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Dr Snofeld posted:

A friend of mine, who lived in NI when he was very young, claimed his parents had one of those, and used to tell him they were checking for cats under the car.

Very common in Cairo going in and out of shopping malls and other car parks. (And they check inside car boots too).
(Also just about every public building has a bag scanner or a hand bag check at all entrances).

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nuclear Spoon posted:

Who?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Look forward to this in the April thread.

Given her handling of NI so far it might not be fake.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
May will get her deal through in the next 2 weeks by threatening ERG with no Brexit and straight up bribing the DUP.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive

OwlFancier posted:

Given her handling of NI so far it might not be fake.

what's the money on those explosives sent to glasgow being an mi5 gig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

pumpinglemma posted:

gently caress it, I haven't chipped in to buy Lowtax a spine yet. Anyone want to animate it first?

Animation is not my strong point. I gave it a shot but I won't take offense if you wait for someone else to try or just use the OG version.