Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

best part is he will. he will rant and bitch and gurggle sun downingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I would really like a “Where are they now?” update on this guy. He constantly dunked on recent college grads after the job and economy crashes (and never recovered) for being crushed by student loan debt because clearly it was their fault for picking an useless degree unlike him, a very smart conservative, who would have no issue getting a well paying job because he was a law student at a low ranking law school

Apparently he's swung somewhat to the left; judging by his Twitter feed he's pretty disgusted with Trump and thinks the alt-right are idiots, and spends most of his effort on being a Good Christian (and distancing himself from evangelicals). He even retweeted someone saying something positive about AOC.

If you're curious about my Internet Detectiving, I googled "Ralph and Chuck" and the twitter feed for his comic has his personal account linked in the bio.

https://i.imgur.com/Tkjropf.mp4

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

theflyingorc posted:

Americans, for like the whole of the 20th century, have been DEEPLY CONCERNED with demonstrating that, actually, they're quite wealthy and do wealthy people things.

Example: Literally Everything About Weddings

Well to be fair there are a whole lot of people who actively cultivate that concern so that they can sell things.

The explosion in the complexity of silver service and tableware sets is pretty much a direct result of the Comstock mine being found in Nevada and silversmiths trying to find ways to keep people buying after everyone with any money had a full standard set. For fucks sake they made spoons specifically for berries and some spoons designed for people with mustaches.

Modern wedding example - how many cakes are we up to now, 5? Bachelorette, Bachelor, Reception, Groom, and Wedding/Bride?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Shifty Pony posted:

Well to be fair there are a whole lot of people who actively cultivate that concern so that they can sell things.

The explosion in the complexity of silver service and tableware sets is pretty much a direct result of the Comstock mine being found in Nevada and silversmiths trying to find ways to keep people buying after everyone with any money had a full standard set. For fucks sake they made spoons specifically for berries and some spoons designed for people with mustaches.

Modern wedding example - how many cakes are we up to now, 5? Bachelorette, Bachelor, Reception, Groom, and Wedding/Bride?

i would like to know more about mustache spoons

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
This is cool to see

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1106194913656557575

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

This may be the most unfuckable face I've ever seen.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

theflyingorc posted:

I have a legit no-poo poo mustache cup somewhere. It's a cup with a little shelf inside it to keep your mustache from getting wet. No idea where it is exactly, would have to find it.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

theflyingorc posted:

That will go great next to my diecast Dale Earnhardt Collectible Car!!!!
I don't care what you say about boomers but do not disrespect Dale or we will have words.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

One nice thing that my mother is doing is trying to dispose of all that life time of stuff that she's accumulated before she dies. She remembered hating dealing with the stuff from her parents when they died so she's trying to avoid it happening to her kids. She has some fancy glassware, but it's keepsakes from relatives she remembers and she knows that it means absolute nothing to us. There will still be a lot of stuff to deal with when she passes, that's just the way of the world, but it's a lot less than it was a few years ago.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

...how is this person holding their camera

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

mod sassinator posted:

You are laughably out of touch if you think millennials problems are just buying too many of the latest phones or avocado toast or whatever.

I'm done with generational wars for now (see you in 20 years) but I'm mad at avocado toast just because avocados are too mushy, not because of who likes it or when they were born. I can provide receipts from 1985 that say "no guac" to prove this if you'd like.

Also agreeing that thread title really needs to be VETO!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

yeah, he has dead eyes. he is just repulsive toxic person, anyone who smokes cigars on film to look cool is usualy a douche at the very least.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rosalind posted:

Thanks for making me cry at my goddamn desk holy poo poo why is this making me so sad

There was a real two headed calf named Lucky that made it to 108 days: http://time.com/4622057/two-headed-calf-dead/

But yeah, two headed cows rarely live long :smith:

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
That kid has the empty eyes of a soulless murderer. He's an ugly person to begin with (his face is like an inverted triangle) but the eyes are what really does it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

haveblue posted:

...how is this person holding their camera

I can confirm that this works. My dumbass does the same thing.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

The reason there is so much china around is that at one point it was very common to get a set as a wedding present. Then that china is handed down through generations. Nobody wants it any more. A couple years back my parents pulled theirs out of storage and I told them I would take a shot at selling it for them; I received no interest at any price. Use it for target practice.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Midgetskydiver posted:

That kid has the empty eyes of a soulless murderer. He's an ugly person to begin with (his face is like an inverted triangle) but the eyes are what really does it.

He's no Zuckerberg

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1106190003900764162

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Midgetskydiver posted:

yeah, like i see that to an extent in some of the evangelicals but this is different, this guy is just empty as gently caress, like even trump has less dead eyes than this dude. this fucker probably hits all 3 of the Macdonald triad.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

beejay posted:

Are you literally Ben Garrison, didn't he do this where someone asked about weird poo poo in his cartoon and he thought they didn't know the subject matter instead of understanding it was a dig on his stupid labels? If you're not making fun of that and you think by me asking that question I have never heard of the sirens, that's really something.

If you've heard of the sirens then why the gently caress were you asking about hostages

Jokerpilled Drudge fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 14, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

If you told someone to imagine a millenial Nazi, this is the face they would think of.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Turns out being unable to afford housing big enough to fit a table in really cuts down on the dinner parties.

Let alone a loving useless china cabinet.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Midgetskydiver posted:

A living example of the uncanny valley.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I'm convinced at this point that Roger Stone desperately wants to go to jail pending trial and ABJ is saying lol gently caress you

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

InfiniteZero posted:

Millenials carry around $1000 phones that they switch out regularly so they have the proper phone and collect vinyl and cassette editions of albums that were nearly worthless a decade ago (as easy examples). Those are wealth signifiers and explaining them away as "doing it for fun" is invalid because boomers will also say that they bought golden boxer dog statues "just for fun" too.

I'm only saying this as a GenX person who spent way too much time justifying bullshit by claiming to do it ironically. Don't repeat our mistake (you will). Claiming to not do something or justifying that thing doesn't actually undo it.

To continue this derail, I don't know a single person, including myself, who can afford to drop a $1000 for a phone. The average person has nothing to do with these culture wars. The wealthiest 10-20% boomers are writing bitchy articles about the wealthiest 10-20% millenials while the average person wonders what the gently caress.

To clarify, the wealthiest millenials are still poor as gently caress.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

theflyingorc posted:

And it just wouldn't do to not have them.

Anyway I kinda wonder how much of this "the kids don't want to inherit my China" type stuff is a white people thing, considering how racism and discrimination was used to keep people of color from benefiting from the explosion of suburban opulence post-WW2 that let white boomers build up their smaug-piles of unused but jealously guarded possessions.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, like i see that to an extent in some of the evangelicals but this is different, this guy is just empty as gently caress, like even trump has less dead eyes than this dude. this fucker probably hits all 3 of the Macdonald triad.

I had to look up Macdonald triad was, and I was surprised that bed wetting after age 12 was one of the indicators of sociopathy. Like :wtc:

for others:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

InfiniteZero posted:

I'm done with generational wars for now (see you in 20 years) but I'm mad at avocado toast just because avocados are too mushy, not because of who likes it or when they were born. I can provide receipts from 1985 that say "no guac" to prove this if you'd like.

Also agreeing that thread title really needs to be VETO!

If you really, for some insane reason, hate the creamy deliciousness of regular avocados, the firmer, blander Florida variety might actually suit your tastes.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
I think the other thing about Jacob Wohl that adds to his particular broth of unpleasantness is he tries to be Mr. "Very Serious Journalist Man" but he looks like a 13-year-old in a suit going to the 8th grade dance.

I'm not saying it's his fault he has a baby face, but when you add all his garbage conspiracy theories together with his whiny/entitled personality and aforementioned baby face looks and it's no wonder basically nobody takes him seriously.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Shifty Pony posted:

And it just wouldn't do to not have them.
i am declaring my love for mustache spoons

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

theflyingorc posted:

That will go great next to my diecast Dale Earnhardt Collectible Car!!!!

They have more in common than you'd think!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

You're absolutely right, which is too bad because this is the perfect setup for "turn on your monitor".

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

InfiniteZero posted:

Millenials carry around $1000 phones that they switch out regularly so they have the proper phone and collect vinyl and cassette editions of albums that were nearly worthless a decade ago (as easy examples). Those are wealth signifiers and explaining them away as "doing it for fun" is invalid because boomers will also say that they bought golden boxer dog statues "just for fun" too.

I'm only saying this as a GenX person who spent way too much time justifying bullshit by claiming to do it ironically. Don't repeat our mistake (you will). Claiming to not do something or justifying that thing doesn't actually undo it.

Maybe it's just my lovely economic status, but I have never in my life met a millennial who could justify a $1000 phone or one who thought replacing their phone regularly was worth the hassle. The closest is my unreachably successful ex-girlfriend buying a $400 phone when her cheap and being uncomfortable about it.
My phone cost $180, on Black Friday, like four years ago. I do not have the money to replace it if it breaks.

I also don't know anyone my age who collects records, but my Mom and uncles all do and I used to know some people in college who probably do now.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I had to look up Macdonald triad was, and I was surprised that bed wetting after age 12 was one of the indicators of sociopathy. Like :wtc:

for others:

Did Jr start the fire at Trump Tower :tinfoil:

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

i am declaring my love for mustache spoons

Wait till you master the basic utensils you maniac, you'll scrape your lip off!

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I don't care what you say about boomers but do not disrespect Dale or we will have words.
You have an overly generous view of Dale because of his death, like all martyrs.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Captain France posted:

Maybe it's just my lovely economic status, but I have never in my life met a millennial who could justify a $1000 phone or one who thought replacing their phone regularly was worth the hassle. The closest is my unreachably successful ex-girlfriend buying a $400 phone when her cheap and being uncomfortable about it.
My phone cost $180, on Black Friday, like four years ago. I do not have the money to replace it if it breaks.

I also don't know anyone my age who collects records, but my Mom and uncles all do and I used to know some people in college who probably do now.

I tried to budget for a 1k phone on a 30mo payment plan because my old phone sucked rear end, couldn't do it with my current pay, and ended up waiting for the s9s to go on sale for half off and picked up one of them instead paid over 24.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Why is she wearing a bikini OVER the skirt

What the gently caress Garrison do you know how clothes work?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
All this talk of china and silver and yet no one posts this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

This is like when Liz Taylor married Michael.