Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
You say that like CT isn't just angry a lot in general. Maybe his new fiancee will fix that if he gets some on the regular. Once they live on the same continent and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe she's as angry as he is?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
Let's hope not.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Cat Terrist is right

A LOT.

Except on LSx swaps :colbert:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rhyno posted:

But now you've tipped your hand and he knows the game!

I've pretty much admitted it in the past but he can't help himself :v:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
He's pretty chill on Slack.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I post in the FB group occasionally and desperately hope to find approval of my peers in a more vulnerable environment with likes and comments. I am only FB friends with a few AI folk and that is okay.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fermented Tinal posted:

Quit trying to trick us into using it.

Edit: it's 1:40 and I am getting good and drunk.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 14, 2019

T-Square
May 14, 2009

If SA dies, then, well, I guess I'll just do actual work at work I suppose. :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's a silly idea.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Liquid Communism posted:

Eh, I wandered away from the FB after STR got doxxed. Ain't got no time for that.

I missed that dumpster fire, I suppose goons gonna goon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

keykey posted:

I missed that dumpster fire, I suppose goons gonna goon.

Some dude sent embellished quotes I posted about my wife (then just girlfriend) when I was frustrated about her unwillingness to seek help over the grief from her mother's death.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Tremek posted:

Maybe spend less time on Facebook... Seriously though, you post more on FB than anyone I know. This includes retired ladies with vehement opinions on all sorts of things.

Mostly during certain hours, and I'm sorry my excessive political posts have made you cross

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Rhyno posted:

Quit trying to trick us into using it.

Edit: it's 1:40 and I am getting good and drunk.

What trick? He's pretty chill on Slack.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Slack is great use Slack

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

It sounds like a nerd thing, do I have to learn anything to use it?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Not really, it's pretty IRC.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

discord has dark mode tho

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I might be late for "Captain Marvel" chat, but I thought it was good. The car nerd in me's favorite part of the movie was the two main characters driving around in a mid-90's Impala SS. :3:

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

kastein posted:

Mostly during certain hours, and I'm sorry my excessive political posts have made you cross

Doesn’t make me cross nor do I even use FB anymore, but goddamn man you are shouting into the void out there. Consider this a friendly reminder that you could do better than to spend your life in FB angrily smashing out rants. FB is bad and bad for you.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

tetrapyloctomy posted:

I missed it: why were you in (and then back in) the ED?

Drank too much like an idiot a couple days ago and woke up in dka. Anion gap was 15.something and potassium was 2.9? I think it was.

They pumped me full of fluids, didn't redraw labs, didn't give me insulin or electrolyte replacement, and sent me home.

Woke up with *more* ketones in my piss than when I originally went. I'm home now, but I'm still not completely through the woods. More water and pedialyte and insulin are in my future.

E: haven't eaten since Monday night and I'd squeeze a child to death for a sandwich, but I know I can't eat yet.

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 14, 2019

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I ignore a lot of folks on FB. Not worth the time. It is disappointing sometimes to find out what some of your friends and family really believe, though.

edit: I'm sure I've been disappointing in my turn, of course.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
facebook is for shitposting

as is all posting

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Holy poo poo Lowtax's patreon jumped up.

It was at like 4K when I signed up.
Now it's at 13K.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

ilkhan posted:

You say that like CT isn't just angry a lot in general.

You tend to be wrong about a lot of things.

Fermented Tinal posted:

You tend to be right about a lot of things

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I've pretty much admitted it in the past but he can't help himself :v:

Its fun to rip on shitboxes :D

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I'm probably the saltiest person on slack.

I certainly do the most bitching.

Fender Anarchist posted:

discord has dark mode tho

It's a lot harder to masquerade Discord as Work (tm), whereas Slack is easier to pass off since a lot of Cubeville uses it for collaboration these days.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

My son's caught a vomiting bug which means we have to be keep an eye on when he's sick vs when he's had his pills, bizarrely my wife is flustered this time, I'm going to take tomorrow off so she doesn't have to deal with it as well as getting my daughter to school.

Oh, and clean the carpets and bathroom and carpet cleaner at midnight. I'm always amazed what my daughter will sleep through.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

boxen posted:

I might be late for "Captain Marvel" chat, but I thought it was good. The car nerd in me's favorite part of the movie was the two main characters driving around in a mid-90's Impala SS. :3:
Just been to see it, I enjoyed it. Did notice that when they had the music for the credits they appear to have tweaked Hole's Celebrity Skin to remove the word "sluts".

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I just went outside properly today for the first time in 2 weeks after getting Shingles (which is basically chicken pox v2 combined with additional very unpleasant nerve pain). Up until 2 weeks ago I had been doing 5 or 10k step walks every day. Did 5k today and I was going so slow towards the end that an old person overtook me :(
Based on the odds of getting this 33% of the rest of you guys are in for a treat in the future! Welcome to old age :(

Darchangel posted:

I ignore a lot of folks on FB. Not worth the time. It is disappointing sometimes to find out what some of your friends and family really believe, though.

edit: I'm sure I've been disappointing in my turn, of course.

FB is good because it enables me to easily find which of the people I know are actually loving idiots so I can gently caress them off without any hassle.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

A friend of mine just got over a nasty case of shingles that spread onto his face and into his eye. He said it was quite unpleasant.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Tomarse posted:

I just went outside properly today for the first time in 2 weeks after getting Shingles (which is basically chicken pox v2 combined with additional very unpleasant nerve pain). Up until 2 weeks ago I had been doing 5 or 10k step walks every day. Did 5k today and I was going so slow towards the end that an old person overtook me :(
Based on the odds of getting this 33% of the rest of you guys are in for a treat in the future! Welcome to old age :(

FB is good because it enables me to easily find which of the people I know are actually loving idiots so I can gently caress them off without any hassle.

The CDC doesn't recommend the shingles vaccine before age 60. Both my wife and I got shingles (independently) before age 30. That's some bullshit.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Safety Dance posted:

The CDC doesn't recommend the shingles vaccine before age 60. Both my wife and I got shingles (independently) before age 30. That's some bullshit.

I'm 38, so also still a few years from the age when you are supposed to start getting it. Hopefully this means I wont ever get it again but i'm still having that vaccine as soon as i can!

Previa_fun posted:

A friend of mine just got over a nasty case of shingles that spread onto his face and into his eye. He said it was quite unpleasant.

I can imagine!. You can get it starting from the nerves in your groin too which has got to suck almost as badly. I got it in the nerve that covers your arm, shoulder and upper chest.

If you've had chicken pox you have a 33% or so chance of getting shingles as you get older. This is a fact that is not mentioned to you when you have chicken pox as a child! bastards.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Tomarse posted:

I had a fairly minor case of shingles a couple of years ago and it sucked super hard, really hoping to avoid it again in future. Glad you're back on your feet, keep up the good work walking. I've just ticked over 120 days consecutively hitting 10k steps. I know there are plenty of people out there who do a lot more, but it's a huge improvement for me.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Drank too much like an idiot a couple days ago and woke up in dka. Anion gap was 15.something and potassium was 2.9? I think it was.

They pumped me full of fluids, didn't redraw labs, didn't give me insulin or electrolyte replacement, and sent me home.

Woke up with *more* ketones in my piss than when I originally went. I'm home now, but I'm still not completely through the woods. More water and pedialyte and insulin are in my future.

Gap of 15 isn't too bad, but a lot depends on pH, and maybe they felt it was a mix of mild DKA and "regular" dehydration. Still, if you had a low serum K+ at the first lab draw, your total-body K+ must have been really low given how it shifts in DKA. Hope you're doing better.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
E:^^ I'm not doing too terribly. Achey. Tired. The spasms have abated. Ketones are less than 5mg/dl, so I should be able to eat something tomorrow.

My wife worked with the first ED doc many moons ago, and uh, I'm glad I went elsewhere for the second time. She made someone in sinus rhythm code by pumping them full of cardioversion drugs, because the monitor said a. fib. as its diagnosis. Then went back and amended my wife's notes to make it seem like she did the right thing.

Instead of reading the ekg herself, and avoiding almost killing someone.

Tomarse posted:

If you've had chicken pox you have a 33% or so chance of getting shingles as you get older. This is a fact that is not mentioned to you when you have chicken pox as a child! bastards.

Well yeah, it's the same virus. You don't ever really get rid of it, it's like herpes. Goes dormant for years or possibly your whole life if you are lucky.

It's some loving bullshit and it upsets me, because I *know* I'm gonna come down with it by 40. I'm not lucky enough to dodge that poo poo.

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 15, 2019

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Previa_fun posted:

I've had poison oak in my eyes before. It's unpleasant. I imagine chicken pox is at least as bad.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I heard it's quite possible to be blinded by it if it gets in your eye.

I had a bout of it a few months ago, I just thought they were a cluster of ugly pimples or something that refused to go away in my lumbar area. Saw my gp and he said-

"hay congrats you have shingles sucks to be you, can't do anything about it now"

Sounds like I was extraordinarily lucky though, not really itchy at all and didn't effect life in the slightest. I am going to get the vaccine now, even though I am "younger" in my mid 40s, since I had it supposedly I am a good candidate for the vaccine.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Just saw that Christchurch video. Holy gently caress :stare:

Please think twice before watching it if you see a link. :(

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Don't do it. Nothing in that video is worth the cost of having to watch it.

If we have anyone in that area, I hope you and your loved ones are safe. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just got to my moms after 6 days in the hospital hooked to ivs and that drat automatic no monitor every 15 drat minutes. Can’t say more than that but just blazed through 400+ chat thread posts.

Missed you guys.