Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/owillis/status/1106299374693437445

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
WHOOPS!

https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/1106328458798551040

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Lol TFW the bartender knows the law better than the lawyers and career politicians

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Republicans are loving idiots

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1106285651610210305

quote:

The intent of the bill is to make sure people are given the correct information," state Rep. Don Manning (R), the bill's sponsor, told the local news outlet.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

1v1 me in the 9th circuit with objections turned off, n00b

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

friendbot2000 posted:

Lol TFW the bartender knows the law better than the lawyers and career politicians

Her staff is loving excellent and her paying them a fair wage is loving reaping rewards left and right

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Antivax is seriously going to be the next big Republican party plank isn’t it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
There was a 2 for 1 sale down at Nazi barn...

https://twitter.com/wis10/status/1105657241993011200

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1106336031823921152

The whole thread is just :psyduck:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

friendbot2000 posted:

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Her staff is loving excellent and her paying them a fair wage is loving reaping rewards left and right

while i have no doubt her staffers are great, oversight has excellent legal staffers that prepare shared research for their party.

i don't have a link but there was a great piece on this when the Cohen hearing happened -- it's just that nearly everyone else just ignores all that hard work and asks dumbass questions that don't produce any new information, while AOC has decided to actually read it

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Antivax is seriously going to be the next big Republican party plank isn’t it.

"Vaccine choice" will be in platform likely

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/AsherLangton/status/1106341598919622657
https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1106341562240229376

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
edit:nevermind used a diff browser

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 15, 2019

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

RandomBlue posted:

I love how he brags about the police and military having his back but has to throw those bikers in anyway. Those other two weren't quite enough but those bikers will put him over the top.

It's because Putin has bikers, a pack of Russian 1%er assholes called the Night Wolves.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Avanatti is such an insane guy, who could only rise to prominence in the post-Trump era

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I never claimed avenatti was anything but a useful rear end in a top hat, and clearly he let fame go to his head loving big time

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

Holy poo poo dude is rattled

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Can someone give a succinct summary of why Popehat is bad? Usually I just see him give measured takes on well-publicized court cases and share funny lawyering stories.

Popehat also covers for the transphobe Jesse Singal.

He's oversensitive to any criticism and always abrasive. An rear end in a top hat.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 15, 2019

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/SethNiesen/status/1106342671432376321

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1106343175139016704

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Can someone give a succinct summary of why Popehat is bad? Usually I just see him give measured takes on well-publicized court cases and share funny lawyering stories.

He's left-leaning and also libertarian-leaning, which means that while people ITT agree with him more often than not, the disagreements tend to chafe a lot of people.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
popehat is bad cuz he gives platform to fully out white supremacists hth

also he's a sensitive baby

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Herstory Begins Now posted:

popehat is bad cuz he gives platform to fully out white supremacists hth

also he's a sensitive baby

And transphobes!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This is amazing, it's like watching Jesse and Walter White get angry at each other in breaking bad, like you're both clearly assholes but let's see where this is going

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Crain posted:

It’s “the nice tableware”. TLDR: to boomers it was understood that everyone had multiple sets of tableware and if you weren’t served on the “nice stuff” your visit wasn’t important enough to warrant it.

So if I only have “normal” dishes and an important person comes over they’ll assume I don’t care about them because they didn’t get to eat on “China”.

Nothing but performative social kabuki.

They also do this with bedsheets.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

The inclusion of Tulsi Gabbard is.......... Interesting

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Sir Lemming posted:

Brown Democratic woman.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Sir Lemming posted:

Gotta confess, seeing a far-right dickhead polititoonist actually properly understand a story from the classics, and reference it coherently, is blowing my mind. Like it's evil, but at least it's not Branco loving up the story of Troy/witch hunts/etc.

e; no parsnips or whatever it was in Trump's ears though

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 15, 2019

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ms Adequate posted:

Gotta confess, seeing a far-right dickhead polititoonist actually properly understand a story from the classics, and reference it coherently, is blowing my mind. Like it's evil, but at least it's not Branco loving up the story of Troy/witch hunts/etc.

Tbf, "Sirens luring sailors to their deaths" is not the most obscure of Greek myths.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Brown Democratic woman.

He uses AOC, but then he uses Kamala Harris and Tulsi Gabbard to represent the left, when he could have used actual young leftists Omar and Pressley?

He's not even good at propaganda

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Avenetti is gonna sue Popehat and end up as a joke

To think he was once considering a Presidential run

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

empty whippet box posted:

This is amazing, it's like watching Jesse and Walter White get angry at each other in breaking bad, like you're both clearly assholes but let's see where this is going

"Let them fight" gif gets posted for the 756th time

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

EwokEntourage posted:

Eh if you talk about the Skokie case a lot of people agree with the outcome

Thurgood Marshall thought the Nazis had that right :shrug:

A lot of people can be wrong.

Nazis are straight up terrorists, in ideology and in action.

But they’re white, so they don’t get the same treatment, despite being the stereotypical villain.

If ISIS wanted to organize a march through Jewish neighborhoods in America, the authorities would not let that poo poo fly. But for some reason with Nazis it’s all about free speech rights being respected.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

TulliusCicero posted:

He uses AOC, but then he uses Kamala Harris and Tulsi Gabbard to represent the left, when he could have used actual young leftists Omar and Pressley?

He's not even good at propaganda

"brown but not too brown and vaguely attractive"

Conservatives are deeply racist and tell themselves that they don't find black women attractive and that being like that isn't racism.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Nevvy Z posted:

I'm extremely confused by the angel wing and harp motif these aquatic predators have going on

Libertarian

nobody has ever adequately explained to me why they think Ken Popehat is a libertarian

he's a free speech hardliner but afaik that's the only libertarian view he holds

but yeah, in addition to what HA said, he has two major flaws:

- extreme free speech hardliner (in terms of what the government and publicly funded institutions should allow, anyway)
- apparently incapable of realizing in a timely fashion when his longtime friends were always Nazis (Clark) or became Nazis (Randazza)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

okay I'm gonna be honest, I'm enjoying this

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Ms Adequate posted:

e; no parsnips or whatever it was in Trump's ears though

Like I said earlier, he didn't properly understand it and mangled the entire metaphor in the process.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

okay I'm gonna be honest, I'm enjoying this

It does provide even more proof to the "Twitter literally breaks your brain" hypothesis.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Niton posted:

He's left-leaning and also libertarian-leaning, which means that while people ITT agree with him more often than not, the disagreements tend to chafe a lot of people.

Yeah, just some disagreements.... about him working for nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

GreyjoyBastard posted:

nobody has ever adequately explained to me why they think Ken Popehat is a libertarian

he's a free speech hardliner but afaik that's the only libertarian view he holds

That's basically it, he very strongly believes that people should be able to say or do what they want without the government cracking down on them, as long as they're not hurting other people - it leads to him having weird (but consistent) stances on certain things that aren't actually incompatible with otherwise left-leaning beliefs.