Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Panel 7 courtnnie looking like fuckin burgerpants over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
An embarrassed face!

The embarrassedest face!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Way to go, Tom. :toot:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Congrats Tom, best wishes to you and the new spouse.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Congrats, Tom!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this was a cute page

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I love how both of them are just about to die from embarrassment, even the one teasing, because it's how she feels too. It's obvious when you think about it, but it's a nice touch.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I wanna know!!!!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Congrats, Tom!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Congrats!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Honestly, the idea that Annie does genuinely have a crush on someone is as surprising as anything else this chapter.

That's what I was thinking! She's normally so reserved it's hard to believe she could feel that way.

I wonder if that'll lead to something or if it's just a tease and a confirmation that Annie does have romance somewhere on her list of priorities, however low.

Also congratulations to Tom.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Mar 15, 2019

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Congratulations Tom!

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

kidcoelacanth posted:

this was a cute page

Yep, great fun way to wrap the week. Also congrats Tom

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Congratulations to Tom and Magnolia! Also, today's comic is really cute!

I have no idea who Annie has a crush on, all the good characters are either already dating someone or way too old for her.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I have no idea who Annie has a crush on, all the good characters are either already dating someone or way too old for her.

Crushes don't care about such things.

Whoever this crush is, Annie hasn't been acting on it. It can be that she's too shy, but it can also be that she's aware it wouldn't be a good idea precisely for a reason like this. All we know is that it's probably neither Jack nor Winsbury.

And it's also probably not Kat, because then Chibisoma would win, and no one wants that.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Crushes don't care about such things.

Whoever this crush is, Annie hasn't been acting on it. It can be that she's too shy, but it can also be that she's aware it wouldn't be a good idea precisely for a reason like this. All we know is that it's probably neither Jack nor Winsbury.

And it's also probably not Kat, because then Chibisoma would win, and no one wants that.

Also not Smitty because he was addressed separately.

Could be some kid from her year 9 class we've never seen before. We don't see much of their day to day lives now.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Honestly, the idea that Annie does genuinely have a crush on someone is as surprising as anything else this chapter.

Yeah, she seemed pretty above it all. What happens if/when one of the Annies starts dating their crush? The other is going to be hell on wheels.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Cat Mattress posted:

Better than a boring Annie/Jack ending smdh

What ended up happening with Annie and that cute elf guy in the side story?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I stand by my suspicions about the crush

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, she seemed pretty above it all. What happens if/when one of the Annies starts dating their crush? The other is going to be hell on wheels.

Maybe they'll take advantage of being able to perfectly pass as each other for wacky sitcom hijinks

Fecha posted:

Better than a boring Annie/Jack ending smdh

What ended up happening with Annie and that cute elf guy in the side story?

He had a girlfriend.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The crush is the other annie, obv.

Also congrats Tom! Enjoy your special day. :)

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Poor Jones. It's always so awkward when a younger species has a thing for you.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
A few thoughts:

- Annie dies if she ever has a kid. But what if she doesn't? Regular human lifespan, or would she basically be immortal?
- Jones "attaches" herself to people, moving on when they die. I've been pretty certain that Eglamore is going to die at some point (if for no other reason than for Tom to be able to have a comment of "That lady is Eglamore" the first time Jones shows up after he dies; but Parley being on a course to replace him would seem to suggest that too). So who would Jones attach herself to next? She's already shown a great deal of interest in Annie, and told Annie a lot about herself (well, her entire history, basically).

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Tenebrais posted:

He had a girlfriend.

There are more elf boys out there

At least before Loup, I guess.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
One of the Annies is going to turn out to be a hot head. The other one is a little cold and calculating. They go on separate adventures and marry two different people, then give up their lives to save the world. Gia then rewards them by bringing them back to life as a single person.

Red/Blue Superman? Beuler?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

T-man posted:

The crush is the other annie, obv.

My own clone!

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Somebody repost that "guys I know" panel and we'll figure it out from there.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Clam Chowdown posted:

Somebody repost that "guys I know" panel and we'll figure it out from there.

who says it's a guy :chibisomasay:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kantesu posted:

- Annie dies if she ever has a kid. But what if she doesn't? Regular human lifespan, or would she basically be immortal?

Fire doesn't burn forever. I see no reason to expect an abnormally long lifespan. She did grow up at the same rate as any normal human.

Presumably if she never has a child, then her lineage dies out with her.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Kantesu posted:

A few thoughts:

- Jones "attaches" herself to people, moving on when they die. I've been pretty certain that Eglamore is going to die at some point (if for no other reason than for Tom to be able to have a comment of "That lady is Eglamore" the first time Jones shows up after he dies; but Parley being on a course to replace him would seem to suggest that too). So who would Jones attach herself to next? She's already shown a great deal of interest in Annie, and told Annie a lot about herself (well, her entire history, basically).

-I think a regular lifespan is a lot more likely, which would make Surma's decision to reproduce somewhat more understandable. It's a choice between dying younger versus extinguishing the immortal part of herself.
-If there's one think about Jones we know for sure it's that she can handle a few years spent alone, no reason she'd have to find an immediate successor.

One thing about Jones I'm unsure about is to what extent her relationship with Eglamore is romantic in nature, vs a much-closer-than-is-healthy bond between a guy and his mother figure. It certainly looks romantic, which is all kind of hosed up, but there's no indication Jones had ever had that kind of relationship with a person. Besides, why would someone who professes to have no emotion start dating? And why would anyone wants a relationship with someone who acts like that?

(I'm aware that Jones is probably not entirely honest when she says she's an unfeeling robot with no inner life, but she certainly acts the part.)

YaketySass fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 15, 2019

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
:kimchi:

Congrats Tom!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Congrats tom if you're reading this. :tipshat:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I think I need to know more about this Magnolia Porter person to make sure she's good enough for Our Tom.

(jk I've been following monsterpulse/bobwhite for like forever)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Goddamn I missed the commentary!
Congratulations Tom!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Unless she's gotten over him, her crush is this guy, isn't it?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/MagnoliaPearl/status/1106554981321244673

you can legally marry a whole court in the uk godDAMN

Jokes aside, congratulations!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Robox is not an embarrassing crush. Unlike that Boxbot ruffian.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Unless she's gotten over him, her crush is this guy, isn't it?

Eh, she knew him for a month like two years ago. I doubt talking about him would elicit that kind of reaction at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The answer there is Buff Parley, let's be honest. That's why that question followed the Smitty one.