Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

paul_soccer10 posted:

the video of the massacre is still all over twitter, so watch out if you click any of the trending topics because it autoplays and the first few seconds i didn't avoid are brutal

disable autoplay under your profile's settings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

turn off the TV posted:

disable autoplay under your profile's settings

thanks for the tip, but i'd rather Murder a Nazi

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

paul_soccer10 posted:

thanks for the tip, but i'd rather Murder a Nazi

See the problem with that is once you murder one, you just can't stop. They're like Pringles except the more you eat the better the world gets.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

He's on there at No. 7

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Hellsau posted:

See the problem with that is once you murder one, you just can't stop. They're like Pringles except the more you eat the better the world gets.

I mean people thought they defeated the nazis back in 1945 and still

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Avirosb posted:

I mean people thought they defeated the nazis back in 1945 and still

Yeah but people weigh a lot more nowadays, and there's a lot more of us. I bet the US could eat 3, maybe 4 times as many nazis as we could have 80 years ago.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

don't forget that Noted Leftist Icon Harrison Bomberguy of the Youtubes was very, very nice to Pewdiepie

you know, just in case you wanted to believe some people were good

Did he even annoyingly fake laugh at him?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
irrespective of who to blame i'd like to think we can all agree that it's well past time that the chans were shut down. blaming pewdiepie or candace owens or any of the grifting idiots that sit atop the poo poo pyramid of white supremacy, the real 'work' of their radicalization is happening on 8chan et. al.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

uncurable mlady posted:

irrespective of who to blame i'd like to think we can all agree that it's well past time that the chans were shut down. blaming pewdiepie or candace owens or any of the grifting idiots that sit atop the poo poo pyramid of white supremacy, the real 'work' of their radicalization is happening on 8chan et. al.

They're long overdue for the Stormfront treatment.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

univbee posted:

They're long overdue for the Stormfront treatment.

What's that?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

What's that?

Their hosting providers banned them and gave them like 24 hours to find a new provider. I think after a few tries they ultimately found an obscure provider in like Russia that didn't ban them.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

What's that?

Forced off of most website hosting sevices and payment processing sevices

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

univbee posted:

Their hosting providers banned them and gave them like 24 hours to find a new provider. I think after a few tries they ultimately found an obscure provider in like Russia that didn't ban them.

So, in effect, nothing much?

Agean90 posted:

Forced off of most payment processing sevices

This, on the other hand :mmmhmm:

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
gently caress pewdiepie's nazi enabling rear end, and i hope at the very least he reflects on how he was pandering to the absolutely worst people.

but when was hbomberguy nice to him? hbomb made a critical video on pewds a couple years ago. in retrospect, it was definitely kinda mild, and hopefully harris will make a stronger condemnation in the near future.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Candace Owens is STILL making this entire event all about her and has not even come close to expressing a modicum of sympathy for the victims.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

univbee posted:

I'm pretty sure that already happened with 8chan, the owner relocated to the Phillipines or somewhere.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Pewdiepie is gonna come out with a video denouncing hate, ask people to come together for peace and harmony, and then act like the matter is settled, never speak of it again, then go right back to his usual shtick.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

seiferguy posted:

Pewdiepie is gonna come out with a video denouncing hate, ask people to come together for peace and harmony, and then act like the matter is settled, never speak of it again, then go right back to his usual shtick.

don't forget other youtubers coddling him from the slightest criticism

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

OldTennisCourt posted:

Candace Owens is STILL making this entire event all about her and has not even come close to expressing a modicum of sympathy for the victims.

I'm pretty sure this has been the position of all conservative fucks so far.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

even by the standards of the alt right Owens comes across as a sociopathic narcissist, but I guess that’s consistent: she’s 100% grifter with no ideology at all, so her only connection to any of this is how it affects her brand

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I love how she's still trying to make BLEXIT a thing

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
In the wake of such a horrible event, it's good to know Boogie's got his priorities straight
https://twitter.com/boogie2988/status/1106503084270931968?s=21

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'm pretty sure that already happened with 8chan, the owner relocated to the Phillipines or somewhere.

Oh poo poo they already went through this? I should have known. Normally I'd suggest ISPs killing the DNS for it, like some were (are?) doing for some popular torrent sites, but I suspect 8chan's users are too savvy as a whole to be affected by this much either.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i still can't get over the 8chan trog thinking that muslims are displacing new zealand's indigenous white population

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Both Chan's have cloudflare ddos protection

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

OldTennisCourt posted:

I love how she's still trying to make BLEXIT a thing

Blex vs. Jex: The Fight for Attention

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Goddamn he is mad

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/Rrrrnessa/status/1106390755529117698?s=09

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

cargo cult posted:

he wasnt a kid though, the suspect was 28

I don’t have all the facts yet but I think he wasn’t born 28, op

If the question is “did pewdiepie radicalize this guy?” the answer is no. Does pewdiepie help push kids who are in danger of being radicalized like this guy was into the places they need to go to be radicalized? Yes.

And Candace Owens should be thrown into the pit with him solely based on her response to all this.

While people don’t get radicalized by watching pewdiepie’s schlock it’s still something that draws millions of eyes and points them at an ideology with the tacit approval of the guy they’ve grown to like.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

OldTennisCourt posted:

She is an example of why I would not mind narcissists being lobotomized. Also, why do I have some anime genie as my avatar now?BTW, could nations just block 8chan and 4chan?

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 15:16 on Mar 15, 2019

THS
Sep 15, 2017

“kids are impressionable” isn’t very radical to say. it’s a difficult needle to thread, though, because in a responsible society with a decent state, yes, poo poo like stormfront or the chans or nazi youtube stars would be banned, we don’t live in that society and those tools will be used against the left

and lol if you don’t think this place wouldn’t get shuttered in the very next government culling, if lowtax doesn’t get thrown in debtors prison first

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

OldTennisCourt posted:

It's because they have no sympathy for the dead. You are thinking like you think, like civility and words matter. All they want is to ethnically cleanse the planet, and they rely on us being polite.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

ScrubLeague posted:

It's because they have no sympathy for the dead. You are thinking like you think, like civility and words matter. All they want is to ethnically cleanse the planet, and they rely on us being polite.

I mean. For alot of nazis yes. But for Candace it is because she has always been a grifter. She originally presented herself as an advocate for people who had suffered from cyber stalking, but made it all about her. Then she tried to run some mainstream lib site, and made it all about her. (Although most libs do do that). Now she finds the real money is made on the right and makes it all about herself. Now while I would add that right wing ideology is very much about catering to narcissism and making it acceptable to always think of ones self as a victim, but in her case she cannot think for anyone but herself because she is a literal narcissist and a sociopath.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like through the power of goonery we should be able to get 8ch shut down, where is it hosted? who has the domain? how do they collect donations to pay for running the site? is it even worth it cuz a new one will pop up ten minutes later?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

smarxist posted:

i feel like through the power of goonery we should be able to get 8ch shut down, where is it hosted? who has the domain? how do they collect donations to pay for running the site? is it even worth it cuz a new one will pop up ten minutes later?

goon projects died in the mid 2000s buddy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

THS posted:

ONE!

LAST!

SCORE!

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

THS posted:

so why are the feds surely coming for us next if they are somehow forced to go after the chans

THS
Sep 15, 2017

cargo cult posted:

so why are the feds surely coming for us next if they are somehow forced to go after the chans

political extremism, regular threats of violence by posters. look at the leper’s colony sometime

why do you think the feds would ignore a place where leftism is dominant and there’s regular talk of arming workers or random posters advocating left terror in response to right terror

not that this place is an actual center of organization, but that hardly matters to the FBI, and they have a history of loving with or attempting to shut down leftists. you might have read something about that stuff

THS
Sep 15, 2017

there’s a constant equivocation of rightwing and leftwing extremism in the US media and by government officials, including overly focusing on stuff like infiltrating environmental activism and ignoring white nationalists. if you turn a censorship apparatus controlled by those same cops on the internet, why do you think centers of leftwing (and at times extremist or violent) discourse will be left alone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

smarxist posted:

i havent looked it up but im sure 8chan has had tons and tons of little schisms and deplatforming things in hte past because its explicitly a forum for nazi paedophile criminals