Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

V. Illych L. posted:

you're not seriously comparing V to the Actual Nazis No We're Not Kidding party

Welcome to the Scandipol thread.

As an advisory, every single post by forums poster cardiac is straight from the Enlightened Centrist playbook and falls somewhere between the chapters "There is no Difference between Left and Right" and "Hey, the Nazis Are Making Some Very Good Points, We Should Try Listening to Them with an Unbiased Mind."

I hope this advisory saves you the embarrassment of replying to a cardiac post and expecting a candid reply in the future. Have a nice day, and enjoy the thread. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SplitSoul posted:

The hotel cancelled the quite nazi, but not quite as nazi as those other nazis, but still more nazi than the mainstream nazis' conference.

Apparently they're still having a conference in Copenhagen, just not at the original venue.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/norska-justitieministerns-sambo-gripen-misstanks-ha-tant-eld-pa-parets-bil

Very normal behavior from FrP - literally setting fire to your car to blame the immigrants.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Retarded Goatee posted:

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/norska-justitieministerns-sambo-gripen-misstanks-ha-tant-eld-pa-parets-bil

Very normal behavior from FrP - literally setting fire to your car to blame the immigrants.

Amazing if true. :)

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Seems to be, which is hilarious. This is Frp's what, fifth minister of justice this term?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The atrocious proposal to widen the reach of the foreign collusion statute, which is bad enough to get even DF and the so-called Free Press Society riled up, passed the first voting round unopposed. The critical parties just abstained. I get that DF is just worried about Marie Krarup getting in legal trouble or whatever, but even EL didn't bother.

quote:

§108. Den, som, uden at forholdet falder ind under §107, i øvrigt foretager noget, hvorved fremmed efterretningstjeneste sættes i stand til eller hjælpes til umiddelbart eller middelbart at virke inden for den danske stats område, herunder samarbejde om at udøve påvirkningsvirksomhed med henblik på at påvirke beslutningstagning eller den almene meningsdannelse, straffes med fængsel indtil 6 år.

Stk. 2. Såfremt det drejer sig om efterretninger vedrørende militære anliggender, eller virksomheden finder sted under krig eller besættelse, kan straffen stige indtil fængsel i 12 år. Det samme gælder, hvis påvirkningsvirksomheden udøves i forbindelse med de valg og stemmeafgivninger, der er omfattet af §116.

quote:

Påvirkningsvirksomhed skal efter forslaget forstås som virksomhed, der har til formål at få nogen til at mene noget bestemt eller foretage en bestemt handling. Denne påvirkning skal efter forslaget enten være rettet mod beslutningstagning eller den almene meningsdannelse for at være strafbar, og den kan være rettet mod beslutningstagning eller den almene meningsdannelse både i Danmark og i udlandet. Påvirkning af beslutningstagning omfatter efter forslaget alle typer beslutninger, der træffes i både den private og den offentlige sektor. Der foreslås ingen bagatelgrænse for, hvilke beslutninger, der kan være tale om, men det må forventes, at en fremmed efterretningstjeneste ikke vil have interesse i at påvirke beslutningstagning, som ikke har en vis betydning for efterretningstjenesten.

Efter forslaget skal påvirkning af den almene meningsdannelse forstås som den øvrige påvirkning, som ikke er rettet mod bestemte personer eller en bestemt beslutningstagning, men som mere generelt går ud på f.eks. at påvirke den offentlige debat. Denne påvirkning vil bl.a. kunne ske på internettet, f.eks. på de sociale medier og andre digitale platforme, samt i pressen, herunder på tv, radio og aviser og øvrige trykte skrifter af enhver art. Det forudsættes, at påvirkningsvirksomhed, der udøves gennem disse kanaler, som udgangspunkt vil ske med henblik på at påvirke den almene meningsdannelse og dermed være omfattet af bestemmelsen. Derimod vil påvirkning af meningsdannelsen hos en snævrere og nærmere bestemt personkreds, f.eks. under private sammenkomster eller på lukkede internetfora med ganske få brugere, ikke være omfattet.

Det er uden betydning for strafbarheden, om påvirkningen rent faktisk får den ønskede indflydelse på beslutningen eller den almene meningsdannelse. Det afgørende er således alene, om påvirkningsvirksomheden sker med henblik på at påvirke beslutningstagning eller den almene meningsdannelse.

I've bolded the changes and the particularly problematic poo poo from the preamble.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Is that specifically aimed at intelligence services, or they trying to outlaw anything with foreign roots from doing anything to influence anybody's opinion in Denmark? It reads like some kind of crazy conspiracy theorist manifesto.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Is that specifically aimed at intelligence services, or they trying to outlaw anything with foreign roots from doing anything to influence anybody's opinion in Denmark? It reads like some kind of crazy conspiracy theorist manifesto.

Legal experts and even judges are arguing that it's too vague and will set a dangerous precedent. Worst case scenario, you could be convicted for sharing fake news that originated with a foreign intelligence operation. Notice that it covers any form of print or media, so journalists aren't safe either. One person has already been convicted under a different statute for "supporting terrorism" by posting an emoticon on Facebook, so don't tell me they won't use this to limit free speech.

Also :lol: that the GRU tried to recruit Marie Krarup. Can't imagine why!

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

SplitSoul posted:

Worst case scenario, you could be convicted for sharing fake news that originated with a foreign intelligence operation

What's the bad part?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

KozmoNaut posted:

Apparently they're still having a conference in Copenhagen, just not at the original venue.

Here's to hoping they end up having the conference in a public park as no one will host them.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

Worst case scenario, you could be convicted for sharing fake news that originated with a foreign intelligence operation.
That doesn’t sound like a worst case at all.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Katt posted:

What's the bad part?

evil_bunnY posted:

That doesn’t sound like a worst case at all.

You two seriously don't see a problem with punishing people for unknowingly sharing something that later turns out to be fabricated?

E: Not to mention that this poo poo is just ripe for abuse. It would be piss-easy for the government to weaponize this statute and use it against people that they find politically inconvenient.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Mar 15, 2019

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Cerebral Bore posted:

You two seriously don't see a problem with punishing people for unknowingly sharing something that later turns out to be fabricated?

E: Not to mention that this poo poo is just ripe for abuse. It would be piss-easy for the government to weaponize this statute and use it against people that they find politically inconvenient.

Yeah, I can easily see this being used to stop scandals from getting out in the open. Let's say Martin Timell is accused of being a sex creep, but is found not guilty in a court of law. Is the accuser and everyone who shared the accusation now guilty of fake news-ing?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Potrzebie posted:

Yeah, I can easily see this being used to stop scandals from getting out in the open. Let's say Martin Timell is accused of being a sex creep, but is found not guilty in a court of law. Is the accuser and everyone who shared the accusation now guilty of fake news-ing?

Or somebody gets a botnet running that shares foreign-produced fake news with people they find politically inconvenient. Just by basic human nature, someone will share one of those stories eventually.

Hilariously enough, this could also easily be done by foreign intelligence bureaus themselves.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

If Granny has to be Gulaged for sharing some Timell gossip in between racist memes then that's price we're just going to have to pay.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

Ah, I thought more along the lines of criminalizing the actual fakenewsing. Also if they could start putting FB execs in the slammer until they fix the platform so there's actual moderation that'd be grand too.

Katt posted:

If Granny has to be Gulaged for sharing some Timell gossip in between racist memes then that's price we're just going to have to pay.
gotta break some eggs!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

denmark in its current state are never going to opt for any but the most reactionary implementations of such laws

before you know it you'll have climate activists and pro-palestine groups locked up en-masse

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

V. Illych L. posted:

denmark in its current state are never going to opt for any but the most reactionary implementations of such laws

before you know it you'll have climate activists and pro-palestine groups locked up en-masse

It's cold and raining, check mate climate change believers :smug:

Fake Edit: and still the area around Rosenbad/slottet was full of young people calling for action to save their future. It was really heartwarming to see and hear :kimchi:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Potrzebie posted:

Fake Edit: and still the area around Rosenbad/slottet was full of young people calling for action to save their future. It was really heartwarming to see and hear :kimchi:

It is easy, just go all nuclear.

Not that it matters what Sweden does in this, given China's expansion plans, the increase in the general living standard of the world and that Africa will get like 2 billion people more this century.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Potrzebie posted:

I work on Drottninggatan and it was a breathe of fresh air to see kids protesting and making their way down. It’s been a gloomy day.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Cardiac posted:

It is easy, just go all nuclear.

Not that it matters what Sweden does in this, given China's expansion plans, the increase in the general living standard of the world and that Africa will get like 2 billion people more this century.

But it does matter what Sweden does, because the actively detrimental attitude of "I'm too insignificant to impact the event by myself so I won't do anything" works on a state level too. It will be even harder to convince China and african states to select alternatives that are less poo poo for the climate if the rich countries do not follow their own advice.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It's not yet illegal to use your loving brain. 12 years is what we give to murderers and this law is so purposefully vague as to enable them to do anything. Like I said in the very same post, a man has already been convicted under the "Material support for terrorism" statute for posting this --> :) <-- on Facebook. An emoticon. They're openly flaunting the ECHR. They're building a plague island prison for deportees and instituting differential punishment in areas qualified by explicitly racist criteria. The police profiles so vehemently that they unsuccessfully pursue convictions against ethnic minorities 65-70% more often (2014 stats). Misleading parliament and the Ombudsman. Offentlighedsloven. If there's any question in your mind that they'll use this to nefarious ends, please get out from under that rock.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

China is so bad at environmental issues that they recently increased new production of chlorofluorocarbons

CFCs are so bad for the environment that their use is not just frowned upon. But outright banned by the UN.

quote:

Chinese producers told the EIA that they continue to find ways to use CFC-11 because it’s a superior chemical when it comes to creating insulating foams. These foams have been in great demand in China because of the country’s construction boom. CFC-11 is also cheap and easy to make, compared to the legal alternatives.

“The profit margins were very high, the demand was high and the risks were very low,” Avipsa Mahapatr of the EIA told the Guardian. “That enabled these companies to use it so blatantly and is why we think this is so pervasive.”

quote:

The good news is that the Montreal Protocol is legally binding. That means the United Nations can enforce an investigation into China’s use of the substance, end its use, and perhaps fine China for not enforcing compliance as it had promised.

China. Notable giver of poo poo of UN opinions

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
This is an extremely interesting read about the civil defense preparations of Cold War Sweden: https://www.forsvarsmakten.se/sv/information-och-fakta/var-historia/artiklar/en-krigssjukvard-i-varldsklass/

Throwing all of that away might not have been such a good idea, it can be very useful in a lot of scenarios that don't involve military action at all.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Katt posted:

China is so bad at environmental issues that they recently increased new production of chlorofluorocarbons

CFCs are so bad for the environment that their use is not just frowned upon. But outright banned by the UN.

China. Notable giver of poo poo of UN opinions

China like all other states cares about money, tie the use of things like these to loss of trade revenue and be willing to eat the cost of enforcing trade conditions like this. It's not like entities such as the EU or US are toothless in these endeavors if they were willing to commit to not making GBS threads all over the global climate, but alas.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
https://twitter.com/viktorbk/status/1109070330805538817?s=21

social democrats

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

We are witnessing the fall of Rome.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

MiddleOne posted:

We are witnessing the fall of Rome.

Or as Giap put it "Any forces that would impose their will on other nations will certainly face defeat."

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

They can take all the people they fired from arbetsförmedlingen and put them to work judging who do and do not exercise enough.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Katt posted:

They can take all the people they fired from arbetsförmedlingen and put them to work judging who do and do not exercise enough.

"No, masturbating 5 times a day does not exempt you from jogging"

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cynic Jester posted:

"No, masturbating 5 times a day does not exempt you from jogging"
What if you do it outside?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

What if you do it outside?

Public indecency is still a crime, right?
So free vacation in a way then.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
If Swedbank gets shut out from conducting USD transfers I'm going to laugh until I puke.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
:yeshaha:

In other "companies circling the drain" news, free newspaper Metro didn't make payroll this monday and I have no idea why they don't seem to be dead yet

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Potrzebie posted:

If Swedbank gets shut out from conducting USD transfers I'm going to laugh until I puke.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

TheFluff posted:

:yeshaha:

In other "companies circling the drain" news, free newspaper Metro didn't make payroll this monday and I have no idea why they don't seem to be dead yet

They also failed to pay the printers, so no metro got made.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Wow Metro is still a thing?

I used to read that on the spårvagn when going to school a million years ago.

Then they stopped running Modesty Blaise and later Rocky and I knew the paper was doomed.

a decade or so later I picked one up and it was like 10 pages ads printed on toilet paper.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Katt posted:

a decade or so later I picked one up and it was like 10 pages ads printed on toilet paper.

Pretty accurate.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Potrzebie posted:

Asked them if they knew of any way to pay back my student loans in the States, what with having a counter in Manhattan and all. They told me the transfers were for businesses only and I kept thinking “what loving businesses are using Swedbank for anything in the US?”.

Clearly I missed the hint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Here's what "sensible immigration policy" looks like. Three facilities for asylum seekers right next to army training grounds. Just lots of gunfire and explosions all the time. How does this not meet the definition of torture?

https://twitter.com/24syv/status/1110851949849726976