Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Colonel J posted:

Our (gf and I) 6th year anniversary is coming up and I'm planning to surprise my GF with a hitachi magic wand. Good idea?

This isn't even for the Hitachi, it's some cheaper knock-off version. Rave reviews, some dude admitting his redundancy, and Mother Teresa herself coming back from the dead to gush (literally) over how good it is. I'm sure she'll love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Colonel J posted:

Our (gf and I) 6th year anniversary is coming up and I'm planning to surprise my GF with a hitachi magic wand. Good idea?

Good idea. I got a wireless one and it's great, rave reviews from the gf.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Is there a recommended place to purchase a Hitachi wand from? If I recall, goons said Amazon was mostly knockoff versions?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Getting a hitachi is fine if it sounds like her kind of thing, but hopefully you also have a nonsexual gift lined up?

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

Getting a hitachi is fine if it sounds like her kind of thing, but hopefully you also have a nonsexual gift lined up?

Eh, we very rarely give each other gifts. I just felt like doing something outlandish.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Johnny Truant posted:

Is there a recommended place to purchase a Hitachi wand from? If I recall, goons said Amazon was mostly knockoff versions?

NewYorkToyCollective.com sells it, and they’re awesome. Also AdamEve.com, very reliable.

AlbieQuirky fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 15, 2019

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Colonel J posted:

Eh, we very rarely give each other gifts. I just felt like doing something outlandish.

Don't forget to tell us how it went. And by that, I mean "link the E/N thread".

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

I ordered mine from GoodVibrations.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Johnny Truant posted:

The problem with Amazon is they co-mingle stock...so if Amazon.com sells the real deal, and BobsDiscountVibes&Dongs.com sells knockoffs being advertised as the real deal Amazon will place the stock for both in the same bin...meaning you could pay full price and still end up with a knockoff.

Anne Whateley posted:

I think he's covered on this - a magic wand also does a very good job at its stated purpose as a deep tissue massager. My wife's sees more duty doing that than as a sex toy.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Colonel J posted:

It’s a loving no brainer. Shoulda been a 6th month anniversary gift imo :colbert:

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Colonel J posted:

Put a sock-puppet on the Hitachi, then jump out of a closet wielding it when she comes home.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

thotsky posted:

Put a sock-puppet on the Hitachi, then jump out of a closet wielding it when she comes home.

F-fingerblast that little turd

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be a judgy rear end about the vibe previously.

But like when the gold standard of personal massagers costs like $60 how do you not bust that sucker out like week 10.

Like it’s literally the cost of a halfway fancy dinner out. Just leave it as a parting gift if y’all don’t work out. Bam. here you go, remember me as your ‘gasm apollo

I’ve wasted like twice as much on toys that ended up not working out (looking at you, wevibe), so worst case Ontario it’s too rough/indiscreet/plugged in and you have a decent massager for your glutes.

My ex brought like $500 worth of wireless purple softtouch lelo/jejue poo poo into our shared bed and one corded hitachi supplanted loving all of them within like a week. The batteries failed on some of them from complete lack of use.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The magic wand is only a good idea if you're really drat sure you have more to offer her than good sex. Because she won't need you for that any more.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

KillHour posted:

The magic wand is only a good idea if you're really drat sure you have more to offer her than good sex. Because she won't need you for that any more.

That's distinctly untrue, unless by "good sex" you mean "clitoral orgasms".

Which I mean, I guess you might, but that seems pretty narrow.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Does anyone know a good place to buy condoms in Sweden? Ordering online is fine, if they use discrete normal packaging.

PittTheElder posted:

I ordered mine from GoodVibrations.
If I ever open a sex store I'm calling it GoonVibrations.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Real talk, I'd 100% buy a wand just for shits and giggles and hey making your partner ooze their consciousness out of their ear holes from the soul lifting orgasm is great and all, but I legitimately worry it would sorta hamstring stuff in the bedroom? Like right now, I'm used, and it's all me, but if we brought a wand into things, I feel like that'd totally supplant me and I kinda like making my partner feel good myself.

Imagine if there was a Fleshlight 2.0 that was amazing in every way and stimulated your prostate too and your gf got it for you, wouldn't you wanna gently caress the poo poo out of that every time instead of doing the usual thing with her?

So personal anecdotes of guys who've bought their girls a wand, what happened and did things change in a bad way?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Qubee posted:

Real talk, I'd 100% buy a wand just for shits and giggles and hey making your partner ooze their consciousness out of their ear holes from the soul lifting orgasm is great and all, but I legitimately worry it would sorta hamstring stuff in the bedroom? Like right now, I'm used, and it's all me, but if we brought a wand into things, I feel like that'd totally supplant me and I kinda like making my partner feel good myself.
So personal anecdotes of guys who've bought their girls a wand, what happened and did things change in a bad way?

I didn't run into any of what you're worried about. First of all, it's not like she's using it while you just lie there and watch (though that could be fun too I guess), usually when we use it it's me using it on her, so I'm very involved and there's lot of teasing and edging happening before the big screams.

Also, YMMV but after a wand orgasm there's nothing my girlfriend wants more than my dick inside her, usually with one or two more orgasms for her.

Finally, it's really nice to have for the times when she finishes me first; she isn't super into receiving oral, and my vibe isn't the same after I finish which apparently puts a damper on her enjoyment some other stuff, but the wand still does it just fine.

quote:

Imagine if there was a Fleshlight 2.0 that was amazing in every way and stimulated your prostate too and your gf got it for you, wouldn't you wanna gently caress the poo poo out of that every time instead of doing the usual thing with her?
Not a chance. It's way more fun fooling around with another person, especially a long term partner.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Qubee posted:

I bought my wife some German jackhammer rabbit toy that gets her off in like 60 seconds, but she still bangs me a lot because the toy doesn't hold her tight and nibble her neck and tell her she's beautiful. You'll be fine unless your sex life consists of assuming the push-up position and wiggling in silence.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

PittTheElder posted:

Also, YMMV but after a wand orgasm there's nothing my girlfriend wants more than my dick inside her, usually with one or two more orgasms for her.

Is it luck of the draw whether you end up with a girl who can do this or not? Cause my current girlfriend (and my ex too) gets super super sensitive when she orgasms and I sorta adopt the emotional repair role where I just spoon her for 5 mins and whisper sweet nothings in her ear until she's good to go again (but even the whispering in her ear can make her shiver), then it's back to the utter filth dirty talk. If I touch her anywhere erotic, it just causes her to spasm and she says it's too sensitive, legit vampire out of a coffin maneuver (hands covering breasts and just rising straight up from the bed) which is hilarious to see. It was a funny predicament at the start cause my neanderthal brain thought "orgasm good, more touch good, keep touch" and she had to slowly school me and make me aware of the fact that no, pinning her arms down and touching her just feels too sensitive, and isn't as hot or teasing as I mistakenly thought.

Also, completely unrelated question: does vaginal sex feel good for women? Cause I've always been under the impression that clitoral stimulation is the money-maker, and vaginal is mainly for us guys to enjoy. So should I feel bad if I just want to have penetrative sex for 15 minutes or does she still get satisfaction out of it? She says yes but I don't know if it's god's honest truth or just her taking one for the team and my enjoyment.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 15, 2019

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

I imagine post-O sensitivity varies, I don't really have the sample size to make any sort of predictive statement. I imagine the wand won't make a huge difference but :shrug:

Clitoral stimulation is super important, but all of the women I've ever been with have also enjoyed the vaginal intercourse part. There are always exceptions though, so just talk to and (since it sounds you already have), trust your partner. At a certain point you just need to. If you've sat down and had an open conversation about this outside of the bedroom (and you should), you should have no reason to disbelieve her.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be a judgy rear end about the vibe previously.

No offense taken, we just aren't that into toys. She has a dildo and we bust it out sometimes, but I felt like giving her an upgrade. Making (enough) money is new for me, so spending 80$ on a vibrator really wasn't a priority.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This thread rules and is a great reminder that if you are going through some hard poo poo, someone else has probably already been through the exact same situation. Almost no one is actually broken, just travelling down the wrong path.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Qubee posted:

Also, completely unrelated question: does vaginal sex feel good for women? Cause I've always been under the impression that clitoral stimulation is the money-maker, and vaginal is mainly for us guys to enjoy. So should I feel bad if I just want to have penetrative sex for 15 minutes or does she still get satisfaction out of it? She says yes but I don't know if it's god's honest truth or just her taking one for the team and my enjoyment.

Do you enjoy any forms of intimacy that don't directly lead to orgasms?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Qubee posted:

No things didn’t loving change in a bad way. Also are you afraid of your partner masturbating or getting themselves off easily? I’m going to call this as you feeling threatened by a vibrator. Hopefully this harsh verbal clarity helps you nip that feeling in the bud.

As for what happened:

1) like I said, my ex had a few well-reviewed vibes already. She was initially skeptical that the hitachi would live up to the hype. When it did she was pleased and I was pleased and it raised her opinion of me because all of her previous partners had been pretty sexually clueless. Experimenting with it gave us a shared new thing to try together which made the bonding better imo.

2) It completely changed the way we approached poo poo like performance anxiety or issues with lasting too long or too little or getting sore or chafing or whatever. This doesn’t just go for the magic wand, incorporating any vibe into sex (or at least having it on hand) makes a lot of poo poo easier. Sometimes my ex would get cramps from being in one position or being on the edge for too long and the vibe would help relieve that. Sometimes you need a break and your partner can entertain themselves. My ex would tighten up after using it so it was fun to incorporate it creatively during piv.

The magic wand has a long enough handle that it’s relatively easy for you or her to use it clitorally while you’re having vaginal or anal intercourse.

3) it made oral easier/more fun. Use it on your partner while going down on them. Use it on yourself while going down on them. Use it on them/have them use it on themselves/have them use it on you while they go down on you. Enough said.

4) the vibe was used on me. This is maybe the least expected/welcome thing to a lot of cishet dudes but vibrators work on penises too. They make silicone sleeves for the wand as well but in my experience just touching it against your body is plenty. Try using it perineally- just like put it on your taint while she goes down on you.

5) it made other toys better. Like the aforementioned sleeve, they also make insertable attachments if that’s your jam, but my ex thought they were pretty lovely and uncomfortable. Lots of different third parties are out there tho. In any case, the wand is powerful enough that usually touching it to something like a dildo/buttplug/fleshlight is enough to turn said object into a vibrating version of itself. Try fingering her while holding the ball of the vibe in your palm and pressing it against her vulva. Your fingers and hand should transfer vibrations.

6) it made bdsm better (if that’s your jam). The only thing better than using a vibrator on your partner is using a vibrator on your partner while they’re restrained (and have consented beforehand).

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Qubee posted:

Is it luck of the draw whether you end up with a girl who

does vaginal sex feel good for women?
She says yes but I don't know
Yes, women are not all identical. There's enormous variation. Every person is an individual and you're more or less gonna have to start from scratch every time.

Why do you trust goons more than your partner? Also, have you heard of the g-spot?

Not to be a jerk but the best thing you can do is to buy a sex ed book, not like a textbook, but something interesting as well as informative, that's written by a woman (not, for example, She Comes First). It's good that you're asking questions, but it's really really good to start with the background of some 101-level info. You might not even know what you don't know.

Colonel J posted:

No offense taken, we just aren't that into toys. She has a dildo and we bust it out sometimes, but I felt like giving her an upgrade. Making (enough) money is new for me, so spending 80$ on a vibrator really wasn't a priority.
She isn't that into toys and your only anniversary gift to her is a hitachi? :thunk:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She comes first was my first sex book, but I have to agree it's largely outdated trash, and actual women have written much better books.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Qubee posted:

Is it luck of the draw whether you end up with a girl who can do this or not? Cause my current girlfriend (and my ex too) gets super super sensitive when she orgasms and I sorta adopt the emotional repair role where I just spoon her for 5 mins and whisper sweet nothings in her ear until she's good to go again (but even the whispering in her ear can make her shiver), then it's back to the utter filth dirty talk. If I touch her anywhere erotic, it just causes her to spasm and she says it's too sensitive, legit vampire out of a coffin maneuver (hands covering breasts and just rising straight up from the bed) which is hilarious to see. It was a funny predicament at the start cause my neanderthal brain thought "orgasm good, more touch good, keep touch" and she had to slowly school me and make me aware of the fact that no, pinning her arms down and touching her just feels too sensitive, and isn't as hot or teasing as I mistakenly thought.

Ok so in the case of my ex and I, when we first started dating she’d never had a partnered orgasm and had a lot of difficulty orgasming alone. Turns out that the SNRI she’d been on for years had rendered her anorgasmic and switching meds basically opened the floodgates.

For the first few weeks after, she’d become super sensitive if she came clitorally, and would require a sensory cooling off period before she could do anything else.

But if we had intercourse she could orgasm multiple times and feel great (part of the trick is to keep loving your partner when they start coming. A lot of dudes see a woman orgasm and they think they’re done and they let off/pull out immediately without being told to do so and then the woman has a cramp and they have to cuddle for 20 minutes and- you see where this is going? Women don’t orgasm the way men do. Hell, transwomen on hormones don’t orgasm the way men do even if they have penises. Women tend not to need a big refractory period unless they become overstimulated).

After a few weeks of that, things began to normalize. The number of orgasms she could have per night went down from like 11+ to 5 to 1-4 over the following months but her ability to jump from clitoral orgasm to vaginal or whatever also got way better.

But for the most part, if she had too many exclusively clitoral orgasms she’d cramp up and get uncomfortable- and I’ve heard similar from other women.

For the most part women aren’t lying when they say they want and enjoy penetrative sex. Otherwise why the gently caress would dildos exist? And, in general, women do tend to prefer sensory variety when it comes to stimulation. In the same way that you probably don’t want somebody to exclusively whail on your cockhead, women don’t like having purely external (and especially purely clitoral) stimulation.

It sounds like you may be prioritizing clitoral stimulation at the expense of actually getting up into her biz. When you go down on her, do you go straight for the clit and stay there? Have you tried g-spot stimulation? Does she own any dildos or insertable vibes? If you haven’t watched many videos of actual women actually masturbating (not revenge porn) try doing that the next time you jerk off and see if there are any major technique differences between what they’re doing and you do. Maybe take notice when they put things inside themselves and consider modifying your approach.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Shine posted:

Do you enjoy any forms of intimacy that don't directly lead to orgasms?

This reply nails sassy and accurate perfectly, thank you. You're right.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

No things didn’t loving change in a bad way.

I like your advice and you've helped me in the past, never change please. Your frustrated replies make me crack a smile. I feel like a big silly for being threatened by an inanimate object. Gonna buy a wand down the line and name it Electric Bugaloo in your honour.

Anne Whateley posted:

Why do you trust goons more than your partner? Also, have you heard of the g-spot?

Internet anonymity really helps with asking questions you're too embarrassed to ask about IRL. We've discussed this in person, we're really open about our sex life, but I've got years of bad baggage down the line / unhealthy relationships / manipulation so I'm a bit hosed when it comes to trust. I also have a tendency to get stuck in my own head and worry incessantly, even when my partner has explicitly told me "No, I genuinely like it". I told her she has her work cut out for her, cause she's got years of bad habits to break from all the previous lovely relationships I was in, and she's more than happy to prove that relationships don't have to be awful mindgames and manipulation tactics. Trust issues so bad I gotta turn to internet strangers to ask them if penis in verguba feels good for a woman, after having a woman deadass tell me "yes I enjoy penis in verguba".

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Poil posted:

Does anyone know a good place to buy condoms in Sweden? Ordering online is fine, if they use discrete normal packaging.

If I ever open a sex store I'm calling it GoonVibrations.

Are you looking for something specific? I'm in Stockholm and I'm pretty sure I've seen them in every grocery store. And I'd assume the sex toy shops would have them too. I'm not a penis haver though so I haven't looked specifically :shrug:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Um, this might be outside the scope of this thread, but does anyone have any advice for being good at kissing? General tips and maybe guides? Thank you.

Xun posted:

Are you looking for something specific? I'm in Stockholm and I'm pretty sure I've seen them in every grocery store. And I'd assume the sex toy shops would have them too. I'm not a penis haver though so I haven't looked specifically :shrug:
No, just in general. I haven't had much any use for them so I really don't know. I'll try looking harder in stores near where I live. Thanks.

Poil fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 16, 2019

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Poil posted:

Um, this might be outside the scope of this thread, but does anyone have any advice for being good at kissing? General tips and maybe guides? Thank you.
find someone to practice with

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

bowmore posted:

find someone to practice with
Ha! I needed to be told that. Thanks. :)

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Poil posted:

No, just in general. I haven't had much any use for them so I really don't know. I'll try looking harder in stores near where I live. Thanks.

I usually see them near the ibuprofen at the register in ICA. I assume other stores would have them in the same-ish place too.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Xun posted:

I usually see them near the ibuprofen at the register in ICA. I assume other stores would have them in the same-ish place too.

Apoteket was my go to when I lived in Sthlm, dunno if they'll have isoprene stuff like Skyn tho

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I had some interesting experiences today. Kissing is... weirdly unsatisfying. Not bad. Just not as amazing I thought it would be. Other things happened and now my head is totally e/n levels of bad. Welp. :v:

Xun posted:

Bolstered by this thread I asked the cashier at my local grocery store and it turns out they keep them in the machines which also has the tobacco crap and you purchase through a touch screen in the store which prints a receipt thing you scan/put in the machine after paying and it drops out the item.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Poil posted:

I had some interesting experiences today. Kissing is... weirdly unsatisfying. Not bad. Just not as amazing I thought it would be. Other things happened and now my head is totally e/n levels of bad. Welp. :v:

Well was it exciting at all? If not you might be kissing the wrong person :v:

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Anne Whateley posted:

Not to be a jerk but the best thing you can do is to buy a sex ed book, not like a textbook, but something interesting as well as informative, that's written by a woman (not, for example, She Comes First).

Turtlicious posted:

She comes first was my first sex book, but I have to agree it's largely outdated trash, and actual women have written much better books.

Any actual reading recommendations on that subject then?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Scarleteen and Go Ask Alice are amazing resources, and there's a book from each. I haven't read the books but based on the sites I'd still recommend them. Again these are pretty 101-level, they aren't like "how to blow your woman's mind," but you gotta have the basic facts down first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

Well was it exciting at all? If not you might be kissing the wrong person :v:
Only the first couple of them and even then not much. Then it didn't really felt much beyond the physical lips touching. Maybe that was why it all felt so strange. I was surprised by how calm I was throughout the whole afternoon. I like her and I like spending time with her, she's pretty and a great girl. But is this what not feeling/having chemistry is like? :ohdear: