Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats to Bryan
https://twitter.com/BLabelPro/status/1106587501379178496

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Nah, watching 4 shitlords be shitlords isn't funny. There's no stakes to make the comedy funny if we're not meant to give a poo poo about the characters.

Jim Belushi account spotted

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I need you all to know that I’m not joking, I’m not trying to get a rise out of anyone when I say that Everybody Loves Raymond is a much better show than Seinfeld.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

NienNunb posted:

I need you all to know that I’m not joking, I’m not trying to get a rise out of anyone when I say that Everybody Loves Raymond is a much better show than Seinfeld.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i will end you

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

What happened to the Texarkana title being on the line? Somebody tell Bryan that MAYBE trying to draw money with a dead guy's vanity belt is a bad look?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

NienNunb posted:

Is this because you are mad at Michael Richards?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Gaz-L posted:

Nah, watching 4 shitlords be shitlords isn't funny. There's no stakes to make the comedy funny if we're not meant to give a poo poo about the characters.

How do you watch wrestling then

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'd like Seinfeld more if the characters were worse people, like on it's always sunny

Dennis is worse than all 4 of the felds combined

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

dsriggs posted:

Somebody tell Bryan that MAYBE trying to draw money with a dead guy's vanity belt is a bad look?

Jesus Christ people can just ruin anything.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Smoking Crow posted:

I'd like Seinfeld more if the characters were worse people, like on it's always sunny

Dennis is worse than all 4 of the felds combined

IASIP is just the seinfeld concept but with "what if they were actual criminals rather just scofflaws?"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dsriggs posted:

What happened to the Texarkana title being on the line? Somebody tell Bryan that MAYBE trying to draw money with a dead guy's vanity belt is a bad look?

I dunno two friends of said dead guy using the belt as a subtle reminder that said dead guy existed and is still thought fondly of is kinda sweet.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

dsriggs posted:

lmao

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

How do you watch wrestling then

Simple, I only watch Raw highlights based on J-Ru's recaps.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

IASIP is just the seinfeld concept but with "what if they were actual criminals rather just scofflaws?"

Dennis isn't a criminal, that was just a smear movie that Mac, Charlie and Frank made to imply he murdered his ex-wife

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dsriggs posted:

Wrong Take.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

dsriggs posted:

lemme join the greek chorus of people saying this is a bad post

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/BLabelPro/status/1106607136916885505

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Re:B&V today

Vince's reaction to Nailz's beatdown of Big Boss Man in the next match is gold as he's so sincere about it in his delivery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jye-Ciitqw

rovert fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 15, 2019

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

dsriggs posted:

Orange Cassidy's IWTV title is now on the line instead

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmfao at the german

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

The Edge and Christian podcast with Bobby Fish is worth a listen in my books.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
:toxx: if the Orange Cassidy/Bryan Alvarez match happens I will rename myself "OJ MIST TO THE DICK"for at least the next six months (if it fits)

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

The Croc posted:

The Edge and Christian podcast with Bobby Fish is worth a listen in my books.

Yeah, that one was alot of fun. Kyle O'Reilly on this week's podcast is pretty good as well (thought not Fish levels). The Edge and Christian podcast is one of the only ones I keep up with these days since it is usually a fun listen.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i finally tried to listen to a conrad podcast and I just couldn't do it

I have no clue how people listen to hours and hours of a mushmouth wheezing redneck

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Low Desert Punk posted:

i finally tried to listen to a conrad podcast and I just couldn't do it

I have no clue how people listen to hours and hours of a mushmouth wheezing redneck

Listen to Mat Koon's shows. Add an extra 150lbs and being a 40 a day smoker.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

exploded mummy posted:

:toxx: if the Orange Cassidy/Bryan Alvarez match happens I will rename myself "OJ MIST TO THE DICK"for at least the next six months (if it fits)

this name appears to be too long

I was goigng to ask why 20 character names wouldn't be acceptable, but that might blow up the servers or something given this sites track record with software upgrades

I will take acceptable substitutions if possible

I'm leaning to "OJ MIST THE DICK"

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
OJ MIST MUST ACQUIT

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

STI FROM OJ MIST

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't remember which thread it was where people were complaining about Conrad. He has the face for radio and a voice of a man who sends DMs to women for private feet pics, but he legit calls people out on their bullshit all the time on his shows. He's a smark at heart and usually when he hears bullshit he just rolls his eyes or calls them out, depending on who he's interviewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNeCx-IqQ_Q

The other great video was the ECW show on the Network where he calls Pritchard out for the bullshit ECW on Sci-Fi where Pritchard tried to defend things like the ECW Zombie and Kevin Throne for being stupid as poo poo while Pritchard tries to claim "We were working the marks!" and he replies "It was loving stupid and nobody liked it" and trying to make Pritchard defend all the nonsense.

In AEW he's been low energy but he tries to drag people through the mud when he can on his podcasts. Unfortunately most of the time he does podcasts with massive bullshitters who think their poo poo doesn't stink.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RealFoxy posted:

In AEW he's been low energy but he tries to drag people through the mud when he can on his podcasts. Unfortunately most of the time he does podcasts with massive bullshitters who think their poo poo doesn't stink.

That's why the Tony Schiavone podcast is the only one I listen to (although Pritchard podcasts on Houston were really good because you can tell Bruce was really passionate about that) even occasionally, Tony seems like he has much less of an agenda to push, there's no consequences for burying WCW because it's not like he can get a job there. He gets a bit embarrassingly horny at times but hearing him rediscover the enjoyment for wrestling that was totally sucked out of him by WCW was nice.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
There was a pretty interesting conversation with Kazeem Famuyide, recently departed writer (no, he isn’t mad so that’s not a reason to listen) on the most recent Masked Man podcast where he mentioned a few interesting points, such as Randy Orton basically writing all of his own storylines in recent years, the company feeling like Lesnar has been better since they basically just let him pick all of his own opponents, etc. I also enjoyed the parts where he can’t say certain things like admitting Becky was supposed to actually be a heel after SummeeSlam and insisting she was a tweener (she was dumping on the audience for like 2 weeks before they figured out how dumb that looked).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Not to mention Road Dogg whining on Twitter that fans who were booing Charlotte were watching it wrong.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

RealFoxy posted:

The other great video was the ECW show on the Network where he calls Pritchard out for the bullshit ECW on Sci-Fi where Pritchard tried to defend things like the ECW Zombie and Kevin Throne for being stupid as poo poo while Pritchard tries to claim "We were working the marks!" and he replies "It was loving stupid and nobody liked it" and trying to make Pritchard defend all the nonsense.

I was going to say that I wonder if anyone seriously believes Prichard's bullshit, but then I remembered Twitter exists

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'll give him the zombie, because that was obviously a joke based on the "Oh, it's on SyFy, they'll make it all about aliens and stuff!" thing, and they just had Sandman kick the poo poo out of him and that was it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gaz-L posted:

I'll give him the zombie, because that was obviously a joke based on the "Oh, it's on SyFy, they'll make it all about aliens and stuff!" thing, and they just had Sandman kick the poo poo out of him and that was it.
But they turned Sandmans whole early run in WWECW into doing exactly that. Beating up characters like Nacho Man that were all one-offs for weeks as if they're building hype for some guy we've never seen before

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Hypothetically they WERE introducing someone like Sandman to a new audience. It's also Sandman in 2006, I certainly didn't want to see him in long matches. For better or worse, the plan always seemed to be using most of the older ECW guys as stepping stones for The New Breed or whatever, so Sandman's arc of

--Beat up a Zombie, Fat Stripper, a Censor, Nacho Libre, whatever to establish him as the Classic Singapore Cane and Beer Loving Bad Boy
--Get beaten up by debuting evil heel Mike Knox
--Team up with the other ECW Originals to fight the evil heels, generally to put the new guys over

is really really low on the "Things WWE has hosed up with brand extensions" list.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I actually really enjoyed The New Breed vs The Originals, especially with the way The New Breed were trying to entice and then force CM Punk to join them.

One of my favorite memories is still the night Elijah Burke fought RVD, and CM Punk was supposed to be at ringside to help Burke win:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol was the story Punk doing that on purpose or was it an accident?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
There was also the 8-man hardcore match that ended when Burke gave a sick double-knee attack to Sabu through a corner table. New Breed vs. ECW originals was one of the few good things indeed.