Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

zelah posted:

Did F1 TV get worth it if I don’t want to watch on a PC? Right now my plan is to just go DVR ESPN

It was basically unwatchable today. Either on PC, or via app. Worse than last year at the beginning, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Australia is also not a traditional circuit in a lot of senses and being a street circuit you can’t really read anything into race pace until the actual race since nothing is rubbered in.

Having said that it sounds as if Ferrari’s issue is set up related since they were missing something they had at the test so to write off the whole season is a pretty big lol.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Acknowledged binman Vettel doesn't have the crutch of a semi decent car anymore so he's floundering. Good because gently caress that guy.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

It's mindgames until quali anyway. The only sure thing is that Williams is hosed, and the Honda sounds like a piece of poo poo. So same season as last year in those regards.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whats the deal with Williams anyways: money or they just legit dont have the right people?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Williams are not the poorest team on the grid but they have so completely hosed up their build schedule that they weren't ready for testing and don't have any spare parts. So...it's people. Except for the guy who posts here, who is good.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
It also sounds like the Williams guys weren't attacking the curbs which could give up quite a bit of time.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Big Huski Boi posted:

Williams are not the poorest team on the grid but they have so completely hosed up their build schedule that they weren't ready for testing and don't have any spare parts. So...it's people. Except for the guy who posts here, who is good.

I honestly would argue this is rapidly approaching a point where the 107% rule should be used to keep them off the grid if possible, it’s just embarrassing.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Page 15 2019 :page3: #forzaHAM

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Williams got spoiled by being able to cheap out on aero when the Mercedes engine was clearly the best, and then didn't put in the effort in to catch up

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The new camera angle where it faces the drivers sucks balls, and pretty soon it’s going to be even worse as they all stick sponcer stickers on the back of the wheel.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

1500quidpoocati posted:

Australia is also not a traditional circuit in a lot of senses and being a street circuit you can’t really read anything into race pace until the actual race since nothing is rubbered in.

Having said that it sounds as if Ferrari’s issue is set up related since they were missing something they had at the test so to write off the whole season is a pretty big lol.

So are you telling me that Australia is a poo poo country and it's full of trash people?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
A lot of the driver facing cameras will come good in evening/night races when the drivers have clear visors, I reckon.

There were some decent improvements to the on screen graphics in FP1 was well

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

So are you telling me that Australia is a poo poo country and it's full of trash people?

Yes.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

1500quidpoocati posted:

The announcers were talking about the V8 supercars being in there the day before, so it’s not totally blank. Obviously the lines are different and it supposedly rained so who knows.

But yeah, FP and whatnot. Looking forward to quali.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Page 15 2019 :page3: #forzaHAM

stop posting this highly illegal gif

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

The announcers were talking about the V8 supercars being in there the day before, so it’s not totally blank. Obviously the lines are different and it supposedly rained so who knows.

But yeah, FP and whatnot. Looking forward to quali.

What I’ve always heard too is that the tree coverage makes it difficult for the track temperature to normalize outside of the race.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoctorGonzo posted:

Continue posting this highly legal gif

Fixed :colbert:

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Can someone tell me how to watch live races that isn't Sky or Now TV??

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Did the motorsports streams subreddit go the way of the football streams one?

Or do you mean a pay option?

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
I like the look of the new beefy Valhairy Beardtas. I hope that boy does well.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

MZ posted:

e: files bad

tuo fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 15, 2019

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

How many kids had to suffer for your stream you sick sick man.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Thanks I'll try that.

Honestly wonder how long it will be before Liberty sell the rights to Netflix or someone, Drive to Survive has already got people interested in the sport that knew nothing about it before and it would increase the viewership exponentially.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

tuo posted:

I'm quite sure there are much better things posted on some discord that I don't know, but I used this last night when F1TV didn't work:

it's :reddit:, so yeah, but I found it yesterday, found a stream that worked, and everything was fine, so there's that

Can't link to :filez: ITT or SA in general - if someone can't find it after a general discussion about it's existence they can look at a blank monitor like a smooth brain.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thats not what i said

:toxx: if ferrari wins the title the BIASED iospace should stop being the mod of the scuderia ferrari winnnow thread: formula 2019 season

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Here are two news items from respected sources, which I take at face value.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vettel-whiting-shock-track-walk/4352181/ posted:

Sebastian Vettel says his shock at the loss of Formula 1 race director Charlie Whiting has been intensified by the fact he shared a track walk with Whiting in Australia on Wednesday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/b0le1u/she_has_drawn_a_unicorn_for_him/ posted:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

thats not what i said

:toxx: if ferrari wins the title the BIASED iospace should stop being the mod of the scuderia ferrari winnnow thread: formula 2019 season

:toxx: If Ferrari wins the title I should be mod

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

poty posted:

Here are two news items from respected sources, which I take at face value.

Guarantee that "Sophie, aged 6" is actually a smelly 33 year old vegan from Brighton called Dave.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brainwrong posted:

Guarantee that "Sophie, aged 6" is actually a smelly 33 year old vegan from Brighton called Dave.

Hi Sophie

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

More threads need Toxxes involving chippy boxes and/or posting your balls

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

MZ posted:

A satellite dish pointing at the right satellites to pick up standard definition German RTL.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Thanks to Bernie there are no other ways in the UK. Channel 4 have highlights for one more year

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

More threads need Toxxes involving chippy boxes and/or posting your balls

If Ferrari win the title I will recreate a gross chippy box and eat it. Which is fine because I am disgusting fat slob. :toxx:

What was the name of the thing that scottish guy was going to eat in TRP but then didn't because he was a big baby about it? Munch box?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Australia has always been an outlier track. For all you people know Mercedes will dominate and then Ferrari wins at every “traditional” track.

Raikkonen in 2007 always comes to mind when everyone thought he was going to win every race after his Aus performance and look how that turned out...

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

If Ferrari win the title I will recreate a gross chippy box and eat it. Which is fine because I am disgusting fat slob. :toxx:

What was the name of the thing that scottish guy was going to eat in TRP but then didn't because he was a big baby about it? Munch box?

Munchie box I believe? There were multiple options, he had the largest one.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If Vettel wins the title I will post my balls :toxx:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Also to the guy who said “who would be a Williams fan? Come on” you can go gently caress your self you bandwagonning glory hunting plastic gently caress. Don’t forget to wear your Germany soccer kit next World Cup or claim your 1/16th Irish heritage on st paddy’s day you drunk

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Australia has always been an outlier track. For all you people know Mercedes will dominate and then Ferrari wins at every “traditional” track.

Raikkonen in 2007 always comes to mind when everyone thought he was going to win every race after his Aus performance and look how that turned out...

Turned out pretty well for Raikkonen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Big Huski Boi posted:

Turned out pretty well for Raikkonen?

Yeah cause McLaren imploded.

Also the fact that it went down to the last race regardless and it was an extremely competitive season which is my point to all the people doing the traditional Australian Grand Prix doom and gloom