Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

There should be a stand named Jocko Homo. I don’t know what it would do though.

Not turn everyone into snails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/returnoftheclaw/status/1104630498809196545

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

someone made an interesting analysis of diavolo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl5mwnXgUhc

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1106510498500009986

From the anime thread, new art for the back half of part 5.

They're really not being subtle, huh?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
What are you talking about sub-oh. I wouldn't be surprised if anime only watchers figure it out pretty quickly, after what they did with Last Train Home.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I don't think I ever appreciated how organic the part 5 arrow looks. It looks partway between one of Toriyama's aliens and a horseshoe crab.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Man, they basically gave away what's going to happen with Giorno and the arrow.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Fighting Gold had a similar shot of Giorno/Mista/Fugo all one side, they're really loving that metaphor

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Haha, the hell. The new opening is a thinly veiled entire second half plot, ending with Gold Experience being stabbed with the arrow. This one goes a little beyond allusions.

I love seeing Doppio.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Holy poo poo it does.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Wow there's a new ED and its real good!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I know that it's like three episodes away maximum but it's really weird to me that they showed Spice Girl in the OP.

OP's good, btw.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Crush is a good renaming of Clash because it's pronounced exactly the same in Japanese. I didn't even realize the name had been changed at first.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
man yall weren't kidding, this new OP is really just letting it all hang out

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Friendship ended with wake up feeling so horny

Now STAND UP JOIN US is my new ED

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I don't hate the new ED but I'm so mad at abandoning Freek'n You

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F48mtaFOccg

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Expect My Mom posted:

I don't hate the new ED but I'm so mad at abandoning Freek'n You

:same:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Watching the episode now (and the OP for the second time) and I only just caught that Spice Girl is in the OP.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, although this part is Stardust Crusaders 2.0 making STAND up with CRUSADERS fitting, Freakin' You just fit our sassy cast so well.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Apparently Fugo owned the Jodeci album.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i'd say that visually this is one of my least favorite openings since the very first. like the first, it's hardly symbolic at all and p much gives an out and out summary of the plot. musically it's pretty great

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I feel that undersells OP1. OP1 flashes through scenes in the manga with a real clear thought pattern, such as the statue in the entrance hall turning into Dio holding the mask turning into Jonathan holding the knife to carve his love for Erina panning over to Erina getting kissed by Dio. The shot that follows the bullets going into Dio causing the shards of glass to fall down with Jonathan holding his father reflected in them is one of my favs.

This new OP is really just recaps of past fights, some cool cover pages and the rest is spoilers. Like I cannot believe they just showed Spice Girl and Doppio that early, it feels weird to me. People give Chase poo poo but at least that was weird, cool imagery

it's not that it's Bad, it's just incredibly vanilla for this series. and hey for ten openings, it's remarkable that this is the first one I don't like I guess

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 15, 2019

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The only head scratching part about that is the thought that Part 1's opening wasn't amazing which it was.

I feel like both of part 5's openings are some of the weakest of the series. Fighting Gold was a pretty good song, but the visuals felt like they should have changed once we saw Aerosmith in the show proper, because I have never been a fan of characters just using their abilities as the meat of an opening. This new one just feels pretty underwhelming since it's a huge recap we'll see every episode.

Also Chase is one of the best openings

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
new OP really feels unfinished so I expect maybe next week it might look less clip showy

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah Great Days looked real bad at first, maybe this one will improve too.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

How could you not love Great Days purely for BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The thing with Great Days was just that the first version was sloppy but structurally it was weird and trippy and referencing 20th century Belgian paintings.

This one feels just.... ehhhhh

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I like the new OP's visuals and even the instrumental itself, but the vocals are kinda weak? Which is weird because it's the same guy who sang Great Days, and i love that one. Idk, just seems like it lacks something.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
It has to be weird for artists like Enigma and Jodeci and Savage Garden who have been out of the limelight for a good long time and suddenly one of their tracks becomes massively huge again thanks to an anime

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

The Vosgian Beast posted:

It has to be weird for artists like Enigma and Jodeci and Savage Garden who have been out of the limelight for a good long time and suddenly one of their tracks becomes massively huge again thanks to an anime

I'm sure they appreciate it

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
lol I just realised the globe at the start of the ED is Rolling Stone.

I'm really curious to see how the OP/ED evolve since they're both begging for it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's a part of the full OP that is clearly meant for King Crimson shenanigans.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Wow, those spoilers in the opening were really something. Good episode, though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm realizing that if Clash hadn't attacked Narancia and had instead just let Bruno's gang get back on the boat, they'd all be totally hosed, right? Because Talking Head just makes him try to get them on the boat anyway? Whatever.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm sure they appreciate it

I am eagerly awaiting the re-release of In The Court Of The Crimson King since King Crimson has been tuned into the memes for a bit now

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

finished part 7 and started 8. Still not sure how the gently caress Dirty Deeds works at all?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

IDONTPOST posted:

finished part 7 and started 8. Still not sure how the gently caress Dirty Deeds works at all?

It lets Valentine go to parallel dimensions and send people to parallel dimensions. It's kinda confusing because Araki seemed to change D4C's power after Who Shot Johnny, which made the first explanation of it completely irrelevant.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah D4C lets Valentine hop between different dimensions, universes, realities, whatever you wanna call it, by being pressed between two objects, that's what he's doing when he goes behind doors or under tables. He can also take other people with him into the alternate dimensions, or send other people there without having to travel with them, but anyone who isn't Valentine will violently fuse with the version of themselves from that dimension when they come into close contact. Valentine can also like....give D4C to other Valentines? I may be totally wrong on this, but whenever Valentine is badly injured, he can hop into another dimension, and give D4C to another Valentine, and that new Valentine basically gets the old Valentine's conciousness, essentially becoming mainline Valentine giving him an infinite stash of new bodies. It's late and I'm not able to go hunting for pages but I'm pretty sure Valentine can do this, could be wrong tho.The reason he doesn't just hop to a new dimension entirely is that the world of Steel Ball Run is the only one that he's found that has the Corpse Parts, in other worlds he's fighting for mystic gems or whatever and he doesn't care bout that.

Who Shot Johnny is the first time we see D4C in direct action and in typical Araki style, it's kind of weird and inconsistent. My fuzzy interpretation is that initially D4C could also sort of converge universes together in small points. So Valentine brings Johnny into three separate dimensions where Johnny gets shot by alternate Wekapipos, Diegos and Valentine himself all at once, and then back in the mainline universe, none of them know what happened, but maybe that's not true at all idk!!

I apparently remember nothing about D4C myself so Steel Ball Run book club thread coming soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
After seeing Doppio and Spice Girl I was legit worried the op would spoil the man in Colosseum for my anime only wife