Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Maya lookin' disconcertingly like Allison in this one. I feel this is foreshadowing, and not the cheerful kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I thought the pilot had gotten jacked offscreen for a brief moment

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

I thought the pilot had gotten jacked offscreen for a brief moment

make no mistake if Nyave is not also jacked i will riot

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Worth comparing to the last time we saw this marketplace. poo poo's hosed yo.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hey Tom, it's cool, you can just admit this is your female muscle fetish comic now. I'm down with it.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

ChaseSP posted:

Lift The Gods And Bench Their Thrones

:hmmyes:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The Sanctioned Action is To Lift.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Renaissance Robot posted:

Worth comparing to the last time we saw this marketplace. poo poo's hosed yo.

Oh wow good catch. It really goes with the caption for this one too.

Goddamn Operant is so good at comics. Like James Stokoe in ambition and detail.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Dude needs to put hovertext somewhere people on touchscreen can read.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

ChaseSP posted:

This one just says "Ascension". It's the caption below that has the context this time.

But yeah I agree. I like how Whomp! always has it below the image under a spoiler-tag style click, especially since it usually includes another involved joke.

Photux
Sep 3, 2012

Funny then, that such darkness gives me hope

ChaseSP posted:

On my device I can read it if I long-press on the image. Is it not like that for everyone?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Photux posted:

On my device I can read it if I long-press on the image. Is it not like that for everyone?

I only get like the first 5 words or so, then it just trails off with an elipses.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

VanSandman posted:

What ever happened to Orc Stain anyway?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

holy poo poo she's still around

or is this a flashback of some sort

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Shugojin posted:

Flashback. Per the caption text, this seems to be the Yellow City in the midst of a famine, preceding a war, around the time of the Second Conquest.

A war which I think the captions have mentioned before? I can't remember if the context was one of the passages from the Chronicler of Martial Arts Bullshit or somewhere else.

I think this also means Maya is pretty drat old.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Pretty confident Maya is or was far further on the path of royalty than Solomon ever will be. Outright left her throne with no worries over succession after being fed up with it all rather than cry about how she couldn't just let it all go to waste. Not a shock if she stopped aging if this is true.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
If Solomon can be immortal with martial arts breathing bullshit I'm sure the old drunk who can cut bullets out of the air with a broken sword can too.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ChaseSP posted:

Pretty confident Maya is or was far further on the path of royalty than Solomon ever will be. Outright left her throne with no worries over succession after being fed up with it all rather than cry about how she couldn't just let it all go to waste.

Yeah, and the area she was queen of is now called "the pit." It seems like it turned out well for everyone.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Well nobody said royalty was a moral path. Simply the path of making the universe bend to you.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Flashback. Per the caption text, this seems to be the Yellow City in the midst of a famine, preceding a war, around the time of the Second Conquest.

A war which I think the captions have mentioned before? I can't remember if the context was one of the passages from the Chronicler of Martial Arts Bullshit or somewhere else.

I think this also means Maya is pretty drat old.

The says circa Second Conquest, so I think we're going to see Demiurge roll in to conquer this world.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

VanSandman posted:

Oh wow good catch. It really goes with the caption for this one too.

Funny you should say that. Tom and Miguel have been tapping artists for the Kickstarter final version of Lancer and who should be among them but James Stokoe himself.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
If I read correctly the Yellow City and the Blue City are basically moons that orbited Throne. As was mentioned above bad things happened to them during the war.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I believe there was also a Red City

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

OhFunny posted:

The says circa Second Conquest, so I think we're going to see Demiurge roll in to conquer this world.

Which raises the question: Is this when Maya gets her key? Or maybe she builds her army first, as a consequence of this.

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
Shocked Meti smokes filtered cigs.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

OhFunny posted:

And that demiurge's name was Maya.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Incidentally Meti is so far down and to the left of this thing

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1105524036757540866?s=19

that her picture is probably below the floor of the room you're in

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I thought Solomon would be higher on the graph since his trollishness would be tempered by his devotion to the absolute rule of law, but it seems that his draconian legal system is itself a massive troll.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013
god I love my drunkass kung fu bin grandma

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

I thought Solomon would be higher on the graph since his trollishness would be tempered by his devotion to the absolute rule of law, but it seems that his draconian legal system is itself a massive troll.

Solomon isn't trolling, he's making the objective moral choice to spurn frivolity and get a single awakeness-boosting beverage for the one who happens to bear the burden of driving

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

I believe there was also a Red City

The Red City is Throne itself.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

ChaseSP posted:

Pretty confident Maya is or was far further on the path of royalty than Solomon ever will be. Outright left her throne with no worries over succession after being fed up with it all rather than cry about how she couldn't just let it all go to waste. Not a shock if she stopped aging if this is true.

Given the themes of the comic in general, mortality is basically just for people who think they have to die.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Boron_the_Moron posted:

The Red City is Throne itself.

Oh drat now I feel silly

guess it's been too long since I read the earlier parts :S

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Shugojin posted:

Unless Maya lost a lot of weight and scars I'm gonna go with flashback.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

nice hair, for an idiot to have, at the circus

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

nooo

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Rotten Red Rod posted:

He DID kind of get his head lopped off just before he could do it, and Zaid had just been kidnapped. So... Maybe? It's also a possibility that Allison was always the intended heir and Zaid was always a decoy.

All the explanations for WHY Allison was chosen, independent of whether she is or isn't now the actual heir, are equally valid because we just don't have enough information from Zoss. From his few appearances, he seems to suggest that Allison is indeed the heir now - but we don't have any idea if that was always true. Seems like that's something we'll get revealed in time.

I'm a fan of the timey wimey homestuck theory of the heir. Allison was really just a normal person. But Zoss knew to shove the key into her head because she has already made it retroactively true that she has always been the heir. And now we find yet another use for Douglas Adams' 1001 Timetravel Tenses

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Who What Now posted:

Unless Maya lost a lot of weight and scars I'm gonna go with flashback.

Speaking of scars, I don't think Maya has the ones on the side of her head in this panel, unless they're very well hidden. Guess they weren't from a shaving accident from that first time using the rusty sword after all.

EDIT: Unless she's doing it now, I suppose.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 16, 2019

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jossar posted:

Speaking of scars, I don't think Maya has the ones on the side of her head in this panel, unless they're very well hidden. Guess they weren't from a shaving accident from that first time using the rusty sword after all.

EDIT: Unless she's doing it now, I suppose.

I think that might be why Meti is commenting on her hair. It was a prerequisite for Maya's training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

Shocked Meti smokes filtered cigs.
It's her idea of a joke.