Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

They already said on here tonight that the ROH title was gonna main the show

...I mean, I get that Sinclair is probably a big reason they could get the building, but that's gonna fall pretty flat unless Marty goes over? (And it's gonna have to follow Ibushi or Okada vs White, then?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marty's likely winning yeah

New Japan's still going to have big moments that night. White losing the belt if they're still copypasting him in the Kenny planned role, Hiromu coming back after the junior title match (please please please)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
it is extremely hard for me to imagine the belt changing hands on a show where the iwgp match does not main event

i could see white retaining or a dq finish

Chris James 2 posted:

Marty's likely winning yeah

New Japan's still going to have big moments that night. White losing the belt if they're still copypasting him in the Kenny planned role, Hiromu coming back after the junior title match (please please please)

i hope hiromu beats the poo poo out of bully ray in a new york street fight

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly if the match isn't main eventing I'm now wondering if Ishii or SANADA win the cup and put Jay over so he gets a defence under his belt.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly if the match isn't main eventing I'm now wondering if Ishii or SANADA win the cup and put Jay over so he gets a defence under his belt.

my prediction was that ibushi wins the cup and wins at the garden now that he's got the full time contract, but in retrospect it seems too soon. i could see him losing at the garden to set up a proper chase, but i'm worried he'll lose by dq and it'll be a big deflating thing leading into the most deflating thing, a loving ring of honor title match

i'm glad i got the cheap tickets for this one

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It was one thing when ROH had the Cody/Omega feud that was red hot, even if the matches were pretty underwhelming, and you have 6000 rabid fans dying to see it.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe in a month we'll see nearly 20 thousand screaming Taven-maniacs screaming as he ascends the mountain.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

KungFu Grip posted:

WMOTYC: Matt Taven vs. Jay Lethal for the ROH World title 17th Anniversary.

nth

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
hm: The Briscoes vs PCO & Brody King in a Las Vegas Street Fight for the ROH Tag Titles ROH 17th Anniversary.

Absolutely wild match crazy bumps all over the place

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

hm: The Briscoes vs PCO & Brody King in a Las Vegas Street Fight for the ROH Tag Titles ROH 17th Anniversary.

I'll 2nd especially due to the last 5 minutes, but also out of respect to PCO, because god knows we're not going to have him for much longer at this rate so appreciate him while he's here

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
New Japan is still pushing the Cup winner as getting the MSG main event so uhhhhh they got some communication issues to work out with ROH

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Reposting here but - https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1106741008035921920

ROH better hope stuff like this doesn't makes waves for their relationship or whelp

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH already deleted their tweet of that because someone realized the fuckup late, which is always good sign that you know what you're doing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

3rd

This was a really great brawl

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RUSH should be ring of honor champion but i guess i can settle for scurll.

briscoes vs villain club for honorable mention
lethal vs taven worst match of 2019.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
HM - Tanahashi vs Taguchi (3/16)
MOTYC - ZSJ vs Ibushi (3/16)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Price Check posted:

Absolutely agree. The ending of ZSJ/Ibushi was loving amazing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Price Check posted:

3rd these

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Price Check posted:

nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Price Check posted:

Nth

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Price Check posted:

Yup

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Coach countering Tana's counter of Dodon into that sit-down pin was a fantastic near-fall, and am I crazy or did Taguchi straight up do the boma-ye, not the hip attack version?

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Gaz-L posted:

Coach countering Tana's counter of Dodon into that sit-down pin was a fantastic near-fall, and am I crazy or did Taguchi straight up do the boma-ye, not the hip attack version?

Haven't gone back to check but I'm pretty sure it was just a bummer-ye. Although it was the most vicious version of it that I've seen

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Carlioo posted:

Haven't gone back to check but I'm pretty sure it was just a bummer-ye. Although it was the most vicious version of it that I've seen

He didn't turn at all, though. He just went straight through.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Price Check posted:

NTH

I'm behind on the thread, are there any cup matches that are on the cusp of a nomination that need a vote or two?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

catching up on a couple weeks of wrestling

MOTYC:
Switchblade-Ospreay
Ishii-Nagata
Ibushi-Naito
Ishii-Taichi

HM:
Sanada-Goto
Tana-Umino
Tana-Taguchi

Also wmotyc - Taven-Lethal

CMLL Homenaje a Dos Leyendas - 3/16/19

HM: Nueva Generacion Dinamitas (Cuatrero, Forastero, Sanson) vs. Barbaro Cavernario, Negro Casas, Gilbert El Boricua (Mil Muertes/Ricky Banderas) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNz0Sajd6g0&t=4211s

MOTYC: Los Guerreros Laguneros (Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Ultimo Guerrero) vs. Dragon Lee, Volador Jr, Caristico for the CMLL Trios Titles - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNz0Sajd6g0&t=5616s

HM: Los Ingobernables (Terrible, Bestia del Ring) vs. Los Hermanos Chavez (Niebla Roja, Angel de Oro) - Caballeras contra Caballeras (Hair vs. Hair) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNz0Sajd6g0&t=7824s

The last match would have been a MOTYC but was shortened due to injury

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 16, 2019

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Price Check posted:

nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Akileese posted:

NTH

I'm behind on the thread, are there any cup matches that are on the cusp of a nomination that need a vote or two?

Right now in terms of HMs for the New Japan Cup:

Night 1: Juice Robinson vs. Chase Owens - 3 votes
Night 2: Okada vs. Elgin - 3 votes
Night 4: SANADA vs. Goto - 1 vote

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
3/15 CMLL Dos Leyendas

HM: Caristico, Volador Jr and Dragon Lee vs Ultimo Guerrero, Gran Guerrero and Euforia
HM: Angel De Oro and Niebla Roja vs El Terrible and Bestia Del Ring, Hair vs Hair

The apuestas match was really good but the finish got hosed up after Terrible was injured. Roja and Terrible worked really well together again.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Night 2: Okada vs. Elgin - 3 votes

I'll Nth this one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC:

Drago, Puma King and Pagano vs OGTs AAA Rey de Reyes

At least one wrestler had to be carted out with two others possibly injured. What a mess, two horrible botches to the outside.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC:

At least one wrestler had to be carted out with two others possibly injured. What a mess, two horrible botches to the outside.

Nth :gonk:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC:

Yeah, that was loving ugly and rough and really bad on top of it all.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC:

nth, good loving god I hope everyone's okay

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Apparently everyone is ok although Super Fly's "head hurts." I assume that means a mild concussion, who knows.

The bump in question: https://twitter.com/JonesyWasTaken/status/1107129694468616193

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

MassRafTer posted:

Apparently everyone is ok although Super Fly's "head hurts." I assume that means a mild concussion, who knows.

The bump in question: https://twitter.com/JonesyWasTaken/status/1107129694468616193

It still looks so bad, god drat.

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC:

Nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh Jesus Christ that is horrifying :gonk:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I was fortunate that I was looking at my phone when it happened. :gonk:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I was watching live and screamed

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Night 4: SANADA vs. Goto - 1 vote

I'll pop an HM on this one as well as

David Finlay vs Chuckie T - Plunder match, NJPW New Beginning USA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

good gravy! that was like the spike dudley botch if he was moving faster and his head was rotating toward the table