Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I kept at working out for a whole month and more. I can actually see my body improving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Last year I was stuck in academia doing a deadend job. Now I have a very good job far away from academia and my boss told me I get the max available bonus to me and a lil raise. So I trated myself to two(2) new cardigans and death note on blu ray

Annointed posted:

I kept at working out for a whole month and more. I can actually see my body improving.

This always rules

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM #ad📢

Got offered a job that pays more and has a better schedule than my current one. But I just completed an expensive training for my current job so Im trying to decide to just leave or use the new offer/training to get a better deal where Im at, which in fairness is not s bad job by any stretch

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Temperatures went up 40 degrees C, or 70 degrees F, in 2 weeks and even though I overheat really easily, I love being out in just a tank top. Layers are stifling.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Got offered a job that pays more and has a better schedule than my current one. But I just completed an expensive training for my current job so Im trying to decide to just leave or use the new offer/training to get a better deal where Im at, which in fairness is not s bad job by any stretch

Nothing stopping you from doing both.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nothing stopping you from doing both.

Ive already taken the new job and put in my two weeks. Guess whos making 9.50/hr now? This guy (points thumbs to self)

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Rainbow Knight posted:

:derp::woop::woop:I PET A DOG TODAY:woop::woop::derp:

:dogge: :peanut: I PET ANOTHER DOG :peanut: :dogge:

apparently it was a "temperamental" dog but i was like "hey guy!" and he was like :woof: and it was a pretty okay end to a mercilessly busy day

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
More like "the last few days" but my landlady finally replaced my hob, so I have a new stovetop and it works properly! The old one was knackered for a long time, and had pitiful gas pressure.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

The elder I care for is in a great mood, it's sunny and like 60 out. Perfect weather, great start to a day.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Stepped on the scale today expecting bad news.

Instead it turns out I lost ten pounds. :woop:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Bought Spyro remastered from a goon and it owns. The music was the best part and it's pretty much the same, I just wish it was higher in the sound mix.

It showed up on a Sunday and it wasn't even through Amazon, it was really weird and I wasn't expecting it at all toay.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Heard a couple of the early woodwind notes as I scrolled through radio stations on my drive to work this morning, thought "hey, that sounds like...", and snapped back to the university station to listen to the rest of The Rite of Spring. Funny how the brain works.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Lost ten pounds, a plumber wanted to charge me 500 bucks but I got him to do it for 150 and got an unexpected check for 1100 bucks

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
More like oldpayless

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Kinda spanning a few days, but whatever: I bought three gifts for people, and all three have managed to get here before or on their birthdays. I could go into details (long, long details), but suffice it to say getting three wins in a row on deliveries is something that never happens, and I'm legitimately thrilled.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

We've owed taxes for the last several years, but this year we're getting a refund! :woop:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

After a few days of humming and hawing I finally bought some CBD oil to see if it'd help with my anxiety/depression and... I think it's working?

Yeah, I know placebo effect is very possible but it's been a couple of hours and my mind just feels a lot quieter and less tetchy than usual so I don't really care if it's placebo effect or genuine, as long I feel this much better :)

edit: it does work AAAAA! I vaguely noticed that I was starting to get irritated by little things again and looked up how long CBD lasts and I was getting annoyed because it was wearing off. This is huge for me, even if I don't use it all the time, just knowing I can take some and safely give my mood a lift whenever I want is letting me feel really hopeful :unsmith:

edit2: VVV That tiling is smooth VVV

Pookah has a new favorite as of 08:28 on Apr 16, 2019

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I made an offer on a condo and it was accepted. Inspection is tomorrow and already going through attorney review. Financing is basically secured since I'm going through my own bank. Set to close June 3rd, but may actually move it up because I don't know if I wanna wait another month to actually get everything done. Gonna feel good to actually own my own place and getting over some of my commitment issues is a pretty big step for me. Feeling pretty good about myself right now!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Rearranged most of the kitchen and made room for a big pantry to be biiltonone of the walls, I've hated my kitchen set up forever but have also been too sick to do poo poo.

I also binged all of Queer Eye and that lit a fire under my rear end to finally do something about it.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Finally finished tiling and grouting the kitchen and it looks amazing.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

That's some slick tiling. Kudos!

My day was awesome because my washing machine broke-

the really old second-hand one that I've been wanting to replace for ages but couldn't because some weird neurosis I have keeps me from replacing major appliances before the old one is run into the ground.

New one is a nice modern one that is much more resource efficient. And it arrives tomorrow, which as a double-bonus finally gave me enough motivation to clear out the last of the moving boxes that were blocking the path to the washer/dryer hook-ups.

Now I'm all worn out enough to guarantee a good night's sleep. All around a nice day.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Megabound posted:

That looks really awesome! Nice job.

Well my day is awesome because it's one more day toward my week off at the end of the month.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
This was two days ago, but still: I ran a marathon, after lots of e/n stuff happened that kept me from training all winter. I didn't get a very good time, but still, I ran a marathon.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Megabound posted:

Thats a beautiful job and Im genuinely envious. Love the contrast youve got there.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Moved across the world on a whim with only two suitcases at age 38, love my new home, and just got an amazing job offer for $20k more than I've even been paid before. And cost of living is cheaper here. Feels like a dream.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Moved across the world on a whim with only two suitcases at age 38, love my new home, and just got an amazing job offer for $20k more than I've even been paid before. And cost of living is cheaper here. Feels like a dream.

FortunateSexFart?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It's bank holiday over in hte UK! Friday and monday off!

Also I've had a fun idea for a video that I want to put together.

guavo
Jan 3, 2007
I am quite practic at this onlane thing
I had a great day at work, just starting a four day weekend starting now and now got my vape and victorian medicine documentary going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W0VsZkBcig&t=909s

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Today wasn't very awesome due to being sick and getting very little sleep, but it made me realize something: being sleep-deprived is no longer a fact of life for me. I sleep roughly 9-5 nightly and nothing disrupts that. I've been sleeping this soundly since I got my dog in 2017.

After years of incredibly bad sleep habits, insomnia, anxiety and stuff like school keeping me from being rested, this is just... wow. I'd known that I'd been sleeping well but it just hit me all over again how great it feels.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Took the day off because my weekends have been busy. Played RDR2 in bed all day and had prime rib that had been put off to today from yesterday. Watching Game of Thrones now. This owns so hard.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A few days off, but I visited my dad and we went to see Shazam(which was...okay, not great. Anything to do with HOLY poo poo I'M A SUPERHERO CAN I FLY??? was great, everything to do with the Seven Deadly Sins was super not great), and we finished building the second Lego Saturn V Rocket set, one for each of us, we switched up who built what part of it. It's an incredibly ingenious build and comes apart in all the stages, but is super sturdy build-wise. Now I just need to find a way to display it, the fuckin' thing's 3 feet long. I've heard a baseball bat case might just barely fit the rocket in it.

here's a picture of adam savage holding his with astronaut suit gloves

dad was so happy building it that he wants to build either the Porsche 911 GT3 RS or the James Bond Aston Martin DB5 next.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

This past weekend was the two year anniversary of my mom's diagnosis of advanced stage IV pancreatic cancer with two weeks to two months to live and she's in remission.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

GWBBQ posted:

This past weekend was the two year anniversary of my mom's diagnosis of advanced stage IV pancreatic cancer with two weeks to two months to live and she's in remission.

That is marvellous.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Very cool. Is there a new treatment for advanced pancreatic cancer that helped her? I could have sworn that when Alex trebek announced his stage 4 pancreatic cancer, that it was discussed and someone mentioned while extremely bad, it's no longer an absolute death sentence.

Also, for my day, I went to check on my hamster, screamer, who earlier was running in lopsided circles in her cage, tumbling over as she hit each "corner", couldn't stand up straight, etc. I went to bed since, well, she's getting to that age where hamsters tend to just not wake up again. I figured she had had a stroke and lost control of her left side. I figured I would sleep and if she still exhibited those symptoms when I woke up, I would take her to the vet and probably put her down.

Well I woke up for work and she came out of her nest to greet me, yawning and stretching like nothing was wrong, standing on her hind legs and doing that stretchy wiggly sniffing thing rodents do when they stand up. So I'm glad I get to spend more time with her, she's a good girl.

edit: no, nevermind, she died. Weirdest loving way, too. I guess whatever happened yesterday was too much for her small, aging body. :smith:

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 13:35 on Apr 24, 2019

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Ive already gotten spoiled on my three days off a week job

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

COBRA KAI SEASON 2 :woop:

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Being excessively terrible at self-promotion, I never draw attention to the small donate link on my writing blog, and as such its sat there for years, idle and overlooked.

Today, unprompted, a new visitor to my site dropped me a few dollars and a thanks for my content. For the first time a complete stranger actually gave me some money in support of my art! Im incredibly giddy and also humbledthis makes me want to ensure that as much future content as possible meets whatever hypothetical standards that reader may have.

It feels really good to have that validation.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

SAW the new avengers and got a new beer mug

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
Job interview - went very well, "We'll definitely be in touch very soon, Monday afternoon at the latest. :j:" Done now and back home (15 minute commute!), trying not to barf from adrenaline overload. I think I might not have to do any more interviews any time soon and feel pleased/relieved. Felt compelled to tell the internet about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

Seems the high horse is taking them all home

Me again. posted:

Job interview - went very well, "We'll definitely be in touch very soon, Monday afternoon at the latest. :j:" Done now and back home (15 minute commute!), trying not to barf from adrenaline overload. I think I might not have to do any more interviews any time soon and feel pleased/relieved. Felt compelled to tell the internet about it.

Good luck! Interviews can be so stressful, fingers crossed this is the last one for awhile!