Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
He's bad op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i hate kimi now

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

KidDynamite posted:

i hate kimi now

Jesus Christ

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I can't even imagine watching a qualifying session in which the 4th through 9th best teams are basically on top of each other and expecting the race to be boring.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Big Huski Boi posted:

I can't even imagine watching a qualifying session in which the 4th through 9th best teams are basically on top of each other and expecting the race to be boring.

it's austrlia man the mercedes are on pole just like last year but let's ignore that vettel won that race by 5 seconds and mercedes has a history of excessive tire degradation over the span of a grand prix and also that ferrari were incredibly competitive last season and threw it away because vettel is loving poo poo

let's just ignore literally ALL of that and just be the most feckless spineless idiotic loving fans that we can be and kneejerk poo poo all the loving time because the height of comedy was in 2006 when kimi said he was having a poo poo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a starting grid with a greater potential for a massive crash. It’s 1-5 is just trouble waiting to happen, and then 6- 20 is all rookies surrounded by crash magnets.

https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2019/races/1000/australia.html

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

it's austrlia man the mercedes are on pole just like last year but let's ignore that vettel won that race by 5 seconds and mercedes has a history of excessive tire degradation over the span of a grand prix and also that ferrari were incredibly competitive last season and threw it away because vettel is loving poo poo

let's just ignore literally ALL of that and just be the most feckless spineless idiotic loving fans that we can be and kneejerk poo poo all the loving time because the height of comedy was in 2006 when kimi said he was having a poo poo

Vettel only won because nobody knows how to pass in dirty air in these cars and he got a lucky break with strategy and safety car shenanigans. The Mercedes was still the fastest car and it will be again this season.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

2019 is going to kick rear end, op

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
2019 is going to be the year of the safety car.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KidDynamite posted:

i hate kimi now

It's Alfa Bwoahmeo now.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Powershift posted:

It's Alfa Bwoahmeo now.

que wirth having a meltdown in 3...2...1...

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

Ok i will ignore It.
Formula 1 is bad and i hope it goes out of business
#forzaferrari

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Sensible posting here from my friend Wirth

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tsaedje posted:

Alpha Romeo/Sauber

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Volkerball posted:

Vettel only won because nobody knows how to pass in dirty air in these cars and he got a lucky break with strategy and safety car shenanigans. The Mercedes was still the fastest car and it will be again this season.

Shut the gently caress up lmao.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah but the Mercedes is faster.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Mercedes being good in Australia doesn't mean they will have the fastest car in the other 20 races just as it didn't mean that last year. It's a weird track.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Yearly reminder Australia is a poo poo hole country of convicts who made an appropriate circuit and the performance there shouldn't be looked at too hard.
Leave the OMG NO ITS ALL OVER to reddit lads and ladies.

The 5 races following it are actually fun and good.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shanghai is probably the first reasonable circuit on the calendar.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

tuo posted:

He ain‘t german, soooo
Are you saying the Ostmark isn't part of the Reich? They did have a vote on that once and it was surprisingly pro-German

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Predicting this season will be just as poo poo as the previous 12.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

Yearly reminder Australia is a poo poo hole country of convicts who made an appropriate circuit and the performance there shouldn't be looked at too hard.
Leave the OMG NO ITS ALL OVER to reddit lads and ladies.

The 5 races following it are actually fun and good.

your toxx is looking p solid Gasly is even shitter than I thought he would be

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How the gently caress gasly didnt pass q1, just what the gently caress

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Are you saying the Ostmark isn't part of the Reich? They did have a vote on that once and it was surprisingly pro-German

They did not that was a brutal oppressive invasion and our people were victims of fascism.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Red Bull thought he'd done enough and didn't send him out for a second run.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Diet Crack posted:

Predicting this season will be just as poo poo as the previous 12.

It's always been poo poo, OP.

Or at least since Schumi came along.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
2009 was extremely good, how is it already a decade ago?

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Tsaedje posted:

Mercedes being good in Australia doesn't mean they will have the fastest car in the other 20 races just as it didn't mean that last year. It's a weird track.

Yeah, Melbourne seems really weird for first-race-syndrome. It's as if everything gets exaggerated; if your car runs really well it's well ahead, if it's a bit off it's nowhere.

I've never forgotten '97 where Williams qualified with some absurd margin - well over a second to the rest of the field, and yet by the third race they were practically falling over themselves to lose to Ferrari.
-

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Sulman posted:

Yeah, Melbourne seems really weird for first-race-syndrome. It's as if everything gets exaggerated; if your car runs really well it's well ahead, if it's a bit off it's nowhere.

I've never forgotten '97 where Williams qualified with some absurd margin - well over a second to the rest of the field, and yet by the third race they were practically falling over themselves to lose to Ferrari.
-

Yeah but Villeneuve won despite the fraudulent German trying to kill him

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
lmao

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvEI-lkFm1m/

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Yeah but Villeneuve won despite the fraudulent German trying to kill him
A sentient puddle could have won the WDC in that car - the Williams was often >1s a lap quicker.
Noted extreme fraud and national embarrassment Villeneuve barely clinching it is one of the saddest travesties in the history of the sport.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Who has F1 rights in the states? Still ESPN?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Who has F1 rights in the states? Still ESPN?

Yeah, still commercial free.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

iospace posted:

Yeah, still commercial free.

It's basically the UK Sky feed. I've been away from F1 for a while and it's been a pleasant surprise to get pretty decent coverage.

Anyone got the official web package - is it worth it? When they say race archive, do they mean archive or just selected weekends?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Sky coverage is loving poo poo

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Did Sky get rid of Ted's Notebook? Can't find his post qualifying notebook.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Isn't Chandhok basically doing Ted's job. I wonder if that's just for this race.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Sulman posted:

-

I’d blame the drivers for William’s performance that year.

Villeneuve is a fraud champion and HHF was very hot and cold his entire Formula career.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I didnt hear from Ted all through qualifying so he's clearly not doing his pitlane thing anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Teds post quali/race stuff he does is great. Hopefully he just hasn't been flown out for this race for some odd reason.

So with Max likely to take out a bunch of drivers at the start of the race, who you guys got for podium?

Hamilton, Lando, Sainz looking the goods for me!