Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Just got mine in the mail a few days ago. Would highly recommend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

The keyboard with the cigarette lighter holder.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
gently caress, that reminds me of this stupid thing that was around in the early 00s.

Why yes I had one why do you ask

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Bees on Wheat posted:

gently caress, that reminds me of this stupid thing that was around in the early 00s.

honestly, that's more useful than a CD-rom drive or whatever in this day and age!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I wish they'd make a good-quality one for tape drives.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

LOMO photography is a curse. A grift to sell overpriced hunks of plastic with the silver lining of getting more people to buy film.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Megabound posted:

LOMO photography is a curse. A grift to sell overpriced hunks of plastic with the silver lining of getting more people to buy film.

If you look at the listing, I think you'll find that that camera is composed mainly of card stock, good sir :colbert:

Please allow 1-3cm error due to manual measurement.

Bored fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Mar 15, 2019

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

1-3cm isn't error from manual measurement, it's error from not giving a gently caress

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

That's what the Scotch tape is for, just jam it in those errors until it's light tight.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

BattleMaster posted:

1-3cm isn't error from manual measurement, it's error from not giving a gently caress

Only cut from the finest of black card stock, I assure you.

It needs to be listed as papercraft. Then they don't even need to worry about making near-sighted Li use the paper cutter. They can just send customers a booklet with the casing parts outlined in white ink.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Megabound posted:

who cares. shoot film

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Lowen SoDium posted:

seems like a really silly thing to cheap out on

Could be the new thread subtitle

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Lowen SoDium posted:

Still not awful for the price, I suppose.

Never mind. 1/2 day later, the headphone amp stopped working all together.

Contacting the seller...

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Megabound posted:

That's what the Scotch tape is for, just jam it in those errors until it's light tight.

light leaks are a big part of the lomo aesthetic though

Megabound posted:

some people like it. who cares?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
some people like everything

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

heeheex2 posted:

some people like everything

like glover for the nintendo 64

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bored posted:

Please allow 1-3cm error due to manual measurement.

i've seen that exact phrase on hundreds of aliexpress listings, from shirts (fairly sloppy but understandable) to phone cases (uhhh) to nuts and bolts (are you loving kidding)

i don't think it means anything. it's just a cargo-culted CYA phrase that sellers stick in because they see it everywhere else.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
It just means you can't complain about the size of anything when you get it

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I’ve seen that on some Amazon listings.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

quidditch it and quit it posted:

I’ve seen that on some Grindr listings.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

It's cold today, cut me some slack fer godssake.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

SeXReX posted:

like glover for the nintendo 64

you gotta love the glove

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Bummey posted:

you gotta love the glove

It's so bad.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
hey did yall watch glover on calithon

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

TorakFade posted:

honestly, that's more useful than a CD-rom drive or whatever in this day and age!

Probably, yeah. I still have that computer, but it needs serious work, and it's old enough to be almost useless as anything other than a home server.

My current laptop (and the two before it) doesn't have an optical drive, and I didn't even notice when I got it. I think the only CDs I still own are from some local bands, and a copy of Brood Wars I found in a laptop bag I've had for 10+ years, but I can legally download all of those. Oh, and I think I still have a Smashmouth CD that I got for free when he tried to eat the eggs. That's a keeper. :smithmouth:

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Bees on Wheat posted:

How does that draw power and how many amps did it need to heat the lighter? I thought those lighters drew a lot of amps when they were in cars. The cup holder actually seems pretty cool, although I think an ash tray would make more sense.

Almost as stupid, I have one of these in my PC right now.

I know it's stupid but I want a cup holder for my PC now and all I can find is this. It appears not even the careless Ali sellers have a PC cup holder. Do I have to like go start a kick starter campaign and hope Ali rips it off to make this dream a reality???

Not Wolverine fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 16, 2019

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
It plugs into a 4-pin molex connector, just like everything else you would have crammed into a 5.25" bay back then. Not sure how much power it draws in use though. I bought mine around 15 years ago on a whim at Fry's, but you might be able to find a used one on eBay.

Ashtray would make sense, yeah, but there's no way I would feel comfortable shoving one in my pc, no matter how well it sealed. I rarely used the cigarette lighter on mine anyway because smoking indoors is gross. (I mean, it's gross already, but way worse inside..)

Crotch Fruit posted:

Almost as stupid, I have one of these in my PC right now.

Oh my god, at first I thought that was a bay for hot-swapping hard drives, or like, something useful, but I guess I'm also not in a place to judge other people's stupid pc accessories.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Oh yeah the drawer is pretty stupid, but I find that is a great place to store my collection of flash drives, that is really all it is big enough for. My only regret is not spending $3 on the spring loaded version without a handle.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Bummey posted:

light leaks are a big part of the lomo aesthetic though

some people like it. who cares?

Ah yes, bad on purpose is an excellent aesthetic that should be leaned into heavily for those without talent or willingness to learn.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Megabound posted:

Ah yes, bad on purpose is an excellent aesthetic that should be leaned into heavily for those without talent or willingness to learn.

You basically repeated the guy you quoted, but with more sarcasm, idgi

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Megabound posted:

ah, yes, it's impossible to use more than one camera, or to want a particular aesthetic

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

content: dispense shower gel from boobs, for some reason https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cDl4AZhW

That Dang Lizard
Jul 13, 2016

what; an idiomt

that link posted:

Warn: Please Don't use your mouth suck out shampoo or soap! It is harm to your health!

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

content: dispense shower gel from boobs, for some reason https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cDl4AZhW

It looks like they heard my complaint from earlier in the thread and made a version that dispenses from the nipples now :aaa:

Moon Atari fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Mar 16, 2019

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I hope you'll feel real guilty when the first person dies after ingesting too much soap

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Moon Atari posted:

It looks like they heard my complaint from earlier in the thread and made a version that dispenses from the nipples now :aaa:

It doesn't though? But related items brought me to a giant nose that dispenses soap out the nostrils.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
men , banned

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Did someone here post the Photoshop toolbar badges?

Would have preferred a double-pin but for how cheap it was I can buy another if it falls off

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
I need a good coffee mug for work. Help me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

ante posted:

I need a good coffee mug for work. Help me

Look at the Target clearance endcaps