Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The only good thing about that vote was it so deeply angered Trump he's still so clearly genuinely upset over it even after the dude's died of brain explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Imagine hating the poor and minorities so much that you will vote for Trump to harm them even though he makes a point of making GBS threads on your dead husband by name at every opportunity.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Your Taint posted:

He's correct in saying that voting no on the Obamacare repeal is a stain on his legacy?
He's correct in making GBS threads on McCain.

TBH I didn't read enough of that to actually parse intent because I was distracted by pie.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
make the only legal guns huge anti-material rifles. That way they are nearly useless in crime. Are super fun to shoot for hobby stuff, and also are as useful as anything would be if you have to fight off george washington and his army. Make all guns illegal except giant ultra high caliber tripod mounted armor piercing cannons that will be heavily subsidized.

(please do not steal my idea for this very good anime premise)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Your Taint posted:

I know this thread are no fans of John McCain, but talk about punching down. He can't even defend himself anymore you vile gently caress.

Neither could the Vietnamese civilians he bombed

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Your Taint posted:

So we would have been better had Obamacare been repealed, then. Got it.

McCain did vote to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something even more evil than the skinny repeal that same day

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 16, 2019

Kale
May 14, 2010

What the ever loving gently caress are these people on about and why should I care specifically? :psyduck:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Your Taint posted:

I know this thread are no fans of John McCain, but talk about punching down. He can't even defend himself anymore you vile gently caress.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1107020360803909632

Nice references to Monica Lewinski's dress.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Radish posted:

Imagine hating the poor and minorities so much that you will vote for Trump to harm them even though he makes a point of making GBS threads on your dead husband by name at every opportunity.

Remember Ted Cruz phonebanking for the man who insulted his wife and accused his dad of assassinating JFK?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Google Butt posted:

One of the corner stones of the psychology of gun ownership is America's hosed up rugged individualism fetish. How you overcome that at the source, I have no idea.

Ban civilian living beyond 15 miles away from a city center without an explicit permit that must be periodically renewed in a facility in person.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

is it raining on his golf course today?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1107029377123057664

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000

Kith posted:

Uhhhh.... that's the primary reason that gun-havers become gun-havers in the first place, my guy. I'm not a gun-haver myself, but I've been to the range a couple times with my dad and, quite frankly, shooting is fun. Gun-havers buy and shoot guns for the same reason that people buy gently caress-off huge gas guzzling trucks and go mudding with them - people love to engage in recreational activities with their overly specialized possessions all the time.
If someone enjoys target shooting for fun, they can do it with a low caliber air pistol/rifle like the ones they use in the Olympics. There's no reason anyone needs an AR-15 for target shooting, or even a handgun. Any weapon with that kind of killing power should be heavily restricted.

But let's be honest, gun nuts would never agree to give up their AR-15s for air rifles, because target shooting is not the point, and everyone knows it. It's only a convenient excuse brought up in response to the argument that there's no legitimate purpose for owning a gun, except to kill people.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

NoDamage posted:

If someone enjoys target shooting for fun, they can do it with a low caliber air pistol/rifle like the ones they use in the Olympics. There's no reason anyone needs an AR-15 for target shooting, or even a handgun. Any weapon with that kind of killing power should be heavily restricted.

But let's be honest, gun nuts would never agree to give up their AR-15s for air rifles, because target shooting is not the point, and everyone knows it. It's only a convenient excuse brought up in response to the argument that there's no legitimate purpose for owning a gun, except to kill people.

Target shooting should officially be considered a red flag for severe mental health issues. There is no reason to allow facilities to continue to exist whose sole purpose is to sell ordinary people on the "experience" of operating deadly weapons.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Shooter in Ann Arbor:

https://www.wxyz.com/news/report-of-possible-active-shooter-on-university-of-michigan-ann-arbor-campus

Update: no confirmation and nothing upon followup. If the students in comments are accurate someone was seen near a dorm with a gun.

Peacoffee fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 16, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

The most Environment!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Besesoth posted:

Yes, I'm contending that. Your position seems to be "it's impossible to use a gun without imagining that you're murdering somebody", and I am (and multiple other people in this thread are) here to tell you that a vast swath of gun owners shoot only at targets and own guns because they like shooting at targets, and they do not fantasize that the targets are actually real people while they're shooting them, before, or after. The people you know in Virginia might own guns only as a murderous power fantasy, but your personal experience does not generalize.

You're wrong. That "vast swath" is a vanishing minority. American gun culture is about killing a "bad guy."

Peacoffee posted:

Shooter in Ann Arbor:

https://www.wxyz.com/news/report-of-possible-active-shooter-on-university-of-michigan-ann-arbor-campus

Update: no confirmation and nothing upon followup. If the students in comments are accurate someone was seen near a dorm with a gun.

I wonder how many range cards they had in their wallet. Probably wasn't zero.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Yay Environment list!

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

How did Ted Cruz get over there??

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

I just like skinning animals, not while alive but like, if they were prepared for food or I found an unskinned one on the road, like roadkill? Hell yeah, take that baby home and start peeeeeling that stuff. Mmm it’s like peeling great big scabs! Makes me think of my father so it’s probably, like, psychological processing im doing or someshit while skinning.

Now, some people like skinning animals alive because they hate animals, and like to torture them, or like they get paid to kill animals for hunting and stuff, and that’s not for me to judge, I just like the ACT of skinning them.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Where can I see the list on the Environment, you broke-brained orange gently caress?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Wilson is Ben Shapiro's cousin.

Ok.

This thread is not catered for you specifically.

You can tell because no one responds to or cares about your frequent complaints that people are talking about things you don't care about. Except me, the fool.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 16, 2019

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Every time I think I can't be surprised by how severe of an idiot he is, he does it again

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Can we all agree that guns and explosives of various sorts are pretty fun and that's not in itself evidence of a mental problem?

That doesn't mean the fun is worth the risk they pose to society, though, and saying "I want to keep my guns because they're fun, gently caress the consequences" is evidence that you're a bit hosed in the head. I mean, I'd love to be able to blow poo poo up with high explosives like they do on Mythbusters too, but that is not a valid reason for me to be allowed to possess explosives as a civilian.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

If you aren't making explosives in your garage you're squandering your freedom imo

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

You're wrong. That "vast swath" is a vanishing minority. American gun culture is about killing a "bad guy."

Every American conservative gun owner:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LgEvQuyDxE

Coincidentally, this is also all American conservative gun owners when called out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZUTkgfZqZc&t=109s

Hot take, coming through.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/08/climate/greenhouse-gas-emissions-increase.html

Huh, surprisingly Donald J. Trump is wrong on this one?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Rent-A-Cop posted:

If you aren't making explosives in your garage you're squandering your freedom imo

When I was a teenager, I thought about trying that, you know, just for fun and to watch some stuff blow up, but then I realized what an incredibly lovely and dangerous idea that was, so I didn't do it and I'm pretty happy with my decision-making process on that issue.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

PT6A posted:

Can we all agree that guns and explosives of various sorts are pretty fun and that's not in itself evidence of a mental problem?

No.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Anyone who hasn't made sparkler bombs hasn't lived.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

You're the fucker that pushes the thumbs-down on all the Hydraulic Press Channel videos too, aren't you? :v:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm willing to bet Dipshit saw this list, which is the one making the rounds on Twitter atm.

Look at the small print on the bottom to see who compiled the list.

https://twitter.com/TeaPartyBison/status/1107034168049967104

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

What do you do for fun? I'm not totally sure you understand the concept.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Whoooole lotta people outing themselves as pyromaniacs itt, I tell ya what.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It is surprising to me that he considers the Obamacare vote as worse than perpetuating the "WITCH HUNT!"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Whoooole lotta people outing themselves as pyromaniacs itt, I tell ya what.

Most of the time my best friend and I spent together from the ages of 14-16 revolved around setting small fires.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I don't what's shameful about liking booms. Fireworks are just a safe version, but the underlying psychology for enjoying it is the same, is it not?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Your Taint posted:

Most of the time my best friend and I spent together from the ages of 14-16 revolved around setting small things on fire.

I hate to agree with Kerning Chameleon, but that's, uh, kind of weird.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Your Taint posted:

I'm willing to bet Dipshit saw this list, which is the one making the rounds on Twitter atm.

Look at the small print on the bottom to see who compiled the list.

https://twitter.com/TeaPartyBison/status/1107034168049967104

Ironically that's because we're not burning as much coal.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Your Taint posted:

Most of the time my best friend and I spent together from the ages of 14-16 revolved around setting small things on fire.

Lol if you didn't put bunches of roman candles inside of a PVC pipe and shoulder it and launch multicolored rockets are people

the fourth of july was amazing for groups of dumb 16 year old boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lycus posted:

I don't what's shameful about liking booms. Fireworks are just a safe version, but the underlying psychology for enjoying it is the same, is it not?

Fireworks are horrific for the environment, my dude. Not to mention a huge cause of preventable fires.