Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
That lip sync though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Poulpe posted:

That lip sync though.

:perfect:

As it is a new page, let me make sure we Praise Vanjie.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Brook Lynn heights looks exactly like a real life version of Skeeter from Doug.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 16, 2019

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

esperterra posted:

i wouldn't be shook if michelle is also anti-vaxx tbh she is really into all that granola natural healing and poo poo lmao

e: also if getting her implants out makes her happy then all the power to her imo

Yeah, she's pretty stupid. Incredible episode. Vanjie is the best, Silky sucks.... The religion hipocracy, yuck.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn I love Vanjie so much

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

that episode was a ride. Nina's team was so prepared, one of the most solid looking group performances in a main challenge in show history imho

and then the other group. holy moly. what a train wreck. impossible to watch

Untucked, also a mess. Silky bad.

And lmao Honey's lip sync and floppin around on the floor good god that was awful.

praise Vanjie.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Brooke needs to get her dirty mitts off my future spouse, Vanessa Vanjie Mateo

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tote up a bags posted:

Brooke needs to get her dirty mitts off my future spouse, Vanessa Vanjie Mateo

d/w they broke up like two months ago

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

esperterra posted:

d/w they broke up like two months ago

I didn't know that they actually were together, let alone broken up.

This is like finding out that magic used to exist, but no longer does.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

:( "That's not a good choice. Thank god she pretty though."

Edit for episode thoughts:
Praise Our Lady Vanjie
Yvie's runway was dope as hell

Barking Mad posted:

I've just watched Untucked and I'm super over A'Keria Davenport. Like, you didn't know Muslims go to mosque and worship Allah, don't go after Plastique for only learning about Beyonce four years ago. It may have been a lame excuse, but you do not get to dismiss Plastique's immigrant experience like that. She's going to have different cultural touchstones and icons, especially since she's only 21 and came to the States 10 years ago speaking zero English.

I'm an immigrant myself, so my hackles raise when an immigrant gets dunked on for not being fluent in American pop culture. We have to keep on top of our cultural poo poo and yours as well. It's tiring.

Hell yeah. I haven't been watching Untucked, but I was really thrown off kilter by everyone asking Mercedes to basically explain Islam while she's getting ready for runway. Let a gal work.

And preach my immigrant pal, my friends joke that I'm like Captain America getting unthawed because every time they name whatever movie everyone knows I'm like "it's on my list". Being an immigrant with zero money (dunno about Plastique but my family didn't have any money, so it's my experience I'm talking about) and zero language means movies and other pop culture is either off limits or so outside of your priorities it's easy not to have seen lots of things "everyone knows".

zelah posted:

I think it’s way off base to compare getting breast implants removed, even if it’s for weird conspiracy reasons, to anti-vax stuff. Kids aren’t dying if someone gets their implants out, even if it might be for suspect reasons.

Exactly. It's her body and her choice, it affects literally no one else. I know it's a bit of a trademark of hers but anyone actually caring about this is kind of weirding me out.

Poulpe posted:

That lip sync though.

That LSFYL was a goddamn occupation hazard, high-energy bitches stepping on emotional-rendition bitches

I could barely focus on the 3-girl S10 finale lipsync, this was like someone accidentially moved the Lip Syncing Bitch slider to max and hit play

AveMachina fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 16, 2019

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Congratulations to last week's episode of DRT for putting on the absolute best, no contest, musical/acting episode in the franchise's history effortlessly and with 1/10th of the budget.

It is unreal how much better these queens are than the American ones at this point.

Barking Mad
Sep 2, 2011

Whalley posted:

Yeah she's seriously fuckin' ignorant and was getting annoyed at the people who'd had a different life experience than her.

Right? There's no need to get defensive with, "To me, church is just a building." Just sit down and listen to the people who are trying to educate you out of the goodness of their hearts, please.

Jr. posted:

And preach my immigrant pal, my friends joke that I'm like Captain America getting unthawed because every time they name whatever movie everyone knows I'm like "it's on my list". Being an immigrant with zero money (dunno about Plastique but my family didn't have any money, so it's my experience I'm talking about) and zero language means movies and other pop culture is either off limits or so outside of your priorities it's easy not to have seen lots of things "everyone knows".

:hai: 100%. "everyone knows" is just code for Americentricism.

Just end the season now and give Vanjie the crown for eternity

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

THANK YOU, MISS VANJIE!

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I just noticed the Frappuccino in the goddamn logo.

Was that both the best and the worst team improv challenge in fifteen seasons? I think it might have been.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
:sparkles: I. LOVE. YVIE. SO. GOD. drat. MUCH. :sparkles:

Also Silky ooh your untucked bullshit is not a good look.
I know there was a lot to call out but why did they not call this out in particular? Girl.

Poulpe posted:

That lip sync though.

:vince:

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Damnit I still haven't seen Untucked :mad: Did VH1 change how they did their thing? It makes me choose a cable provider now to log in, and bitch if you think I can afford cable..

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

big dyke energy posted:

Damnit I still haven't seen Untucked :mad: Did VH1 change how they did their thing? It makes me choose a cable provider now to log in, and bitch if you think I can afford cable..
Yeah. I miss when they had it on youtube for free because paying for a 20 min supplement show is basically a ripoff. That being said, I got a refund from Amazon last year because they put untucked episodes out like a week late so gently caress buying untucked, anyway you can just go here: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x749azk

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Woo, nice thanks. I have now seen that mess of an Untucked episode and gently caress you guys were right. Loving and living for Yvie, though.

I really like Untucked half because I can actually get a good look at their costumes/makeup up close :v: I liked Nina's outfit way more after I saw it on Untucked.

I also hope we get more runway variety out of Vanjie soon. It's the only thing I think she needs improvement on so far, her looks have all been black hair/red outfit/glitter chest. They've been GOOD, but I just wanna see more...because I want her to fuckin win.

Also bootleg Photo Ruview is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkwQOfGOjYY

I stopped watching the real one, thanks to whoever linked this. Also wtf did Scarlet not TAPE HER WIG down?

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

spite house posted:

Was that both the best and the worst team improv challenge in fifteen seasons? I think it might have been.
Definitely worst, and I'm really struggling to think of a stronger team than the winners. Everyone (except Mercedes) was really good.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The only comparable "solid team effort" I could think of was S6 Shade! the Rusical. I don't know if you could say either team were better than Nina's team this week but the entire cast overall did well in that challenge, it's one of my favorites.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Whalley posted:

Everyone (except Mercedes) was really good.
Hey, even Beyoncé and Kelly have to carry Michelle... (fuckin Vanjie.)

I was thinking about why Yvie being confrontational in Untucked didn't bother me, apart from that I'm painfully in love with her in general, and I think it's this: I'm normally really impatient with people who insist on everyone being 100% honest all the time. Social fictions exist for a reason, including that there'd be way more violent murders if they didn't, and "just be totally honest no matter what" types usually operate from a fearful place -- they hate the thought that anyone might be putting one over on them.

However, I don't think this is true of Yvie, esp given the smoke-break conversation. She's trying to make this glittery bullshit fiesta useful, as an exercise in good human-development practice. I haven't seen anything like that on the show before -- Drag Race almost as sequestered spiritual order. She's a weird one, and I kinda wish more people were the same flavor of weird.

spite house fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 17, 2019

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

spite house posted:

However, I don't think this is true of Yvie, esp given the smoke-break conversation. I think she's trying to make this glittery bullshit fiesta useful, as an exercise in good human-development practice. I haven't seen anything like that on the show before -- Drag Race almost as sequestered spiritual order. She's a weird one, and I kinda wish more people were the same flavor of weird.
Yeah. Yvie seems to be using Drag Race as a way of not only bettering herself to be who she wants to be, but also of being extremely public about how people can and should change. That's why it needs to be Asia's Drag Race, with Vanjie as Michelle Visage, and Yvie as Ross Matthews. Either Aquaria or Raja can be the new Carson.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

This was one of the best most entertaining episodes in a long time. The mini-challenge was a hoot. Team Britney was genuinely funny. Vanjie is a godsdamn national treasure. Team Maria was so bad it wrapped around to mildly entertaining as a train wreck. Not sure why their team leader didn't get the brunt of the criticism like similar past challenges. Too much decision by committee and not enough leadership and vision. Then the lip sync was a glorious WTF hot mess. And then finally the tension of handing out shantays was riveting as I scrambled to do the math in my head to decide which warmed over turd of a performance was marginally better. I was thoroughly invested from start to finish.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Next week is either going to be the worst possible thing or some divine counter-culture manna and I just don't see it being anywhere in between.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oh my god, Goth maxichallenge Yvie was giving me Dominique from Stolen Babies vibes. :swoon:

Top to bottom, this was my favorite episode in a dog's age. You got probably the best team effort the show has ever had with Team Britney up against the biggest shitshow since Shakesqueer with Team Mariah, which was just as entertaining.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

The Berzerker posted:

The only comparable "solid team effort" I could think of was S6 Shade! the Rusical. I don't know if you could say either team were better than Nina's team this week but the entire cast overall did well in that challenge, it's one of my favorites.

Rucappela was pretty decent overall I feel like, with Chichi's team pretty much nailing the whole thing, if I remember right.

angerbeet posted:

Next week is either going to be the worst possible thing or some divine counter-culture manna and I just don't see it being anywhere in between.

Oh jesus I just looked up what it was gonna be. Trump: the Rusical.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Cocks Cable posted:

Team Maria was so bad it wrapped around to mildly entertaining as a train wreck. Not sure why their team leader didn't get the brunt of the criticism like similar past challenges.

I wanted Ra'jah in the bottom in a standard lip sync because when someone mentioned Mariah's Emotions she started singing Whitney's So Emotional and I'm like "How do you gently caress that up?" Her mouth is seriously writing checks her drag can't cash. I did like the 6-way lip sync just for its fuckery, tho.

Yvie is a great. Nina is great. Vanjie is a goddess. Silky is...not those things.

Also, saw this, liked this, sharing this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gVJ41Ft6V0

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 17, 2019

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Project Runway Ru pictures will never not be comedy gold

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9rDX1FEjqo

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Silky is what I feared Vanjie was going to be and Vanjie is what I hoped Vanjie was going to be

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

big dyke energy posted:

I also hope we get more runway variety out of Vanjie soon. It's the only thing I think she needs improvement on so far, her looks have all been black hair/red outfit/glitter chest. They've been GOOD, but I just wanna see more...because I want her to fuckin win.

Absolutely agreed. I want Vanjie to win this season and every season thereafter but her runway looks are mostly just competent middle-of-the-road stuff so far. Nothing to call out as unskilled or anything, but nothing that's made me say "wow" yet either.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Vanjie really should just get to reupload the Vanjie Director's Commentary of every full episode. don't care so much for her looks but every syllable out of her gorgeous gruff head makes me so so happy

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

So the six-way lipsync was kind of a mess, so if you had to pick a bottom two for that last episode, who would you pick? The conversion was the least of a trainwreck to me; A'keria was pretty watchable and Plastique's demonic voice was at least skirting the line of being humorous. The hosts and the singers are equally bad in my mind, so I think I'd pick Scarlet from the hosts for over-acting weirdly and dragging the segment, and Honey from the singers for just... generally kinda having no presence in the challenge.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ra'jah and Honey were the bottom two and Scarlet was third imo

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i think shuga worse in the challenge; at least scarlett was trying to elicit something, even if it was weird and poorly thought out. but she didnt really bring it as much as shoogz on the runway

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Finally caught up with the episode, looks like I missed a lot...

gandlethorpe posted:

No Mariah (Carey) either. Hell, it wasn't until AS3 that they even referenced her, and AS4 for a lip sync.

Oh no, not like this.

My god, that has to be the biggest whiplash between one team absolutely killing a challenge and the other killing the audience's will to live. Even the weakest member of team Britney was miles ahead of the "best" of team Mariah. Worst of all, it wasn't even a "so bad it's good" kind of thing; just irredeemably bad. That bottom 6 gag though. I've never seen Ru so angry, even compared to times he's yelled at queens. Also pretty wild how, just like that, over half the cast now has a bottom placement on their record.

It was a bit of a mess to watch that LSFYL though. Jumping off the stage in a pure black outfit may not have been a great choice, so the rest of that team are lucky Honey sabotaged herself. I think her runway was fine, so all she had to do was do a little better than Ra'jah. I'm not sure how Ra'jah managed to evade the chop for her piss-poor leadership and basic-rear end runway.

Yvie's runway though :swoon: and Vanjie being Vanjie. I'm also happy for Nina that she killed it the whole episode. Has a queen ever won a mini-challenge, been a star performer on a team that collectively did incredible, and had one of the best runways? Her runway gave me Thorgy vibes as well.

Finally, that J Lo song to end a horrible Mariah-themed challenge was some perfect coincidence. Or maybe it was intentional shade? I dunno how the timeline works on their picking LSFYL songs.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

gandlethorpe posted:

Worst of all, it wasn't even a "so bad it's good" kind of thing; just irredeemably bad.

You know what, I admit there was one decent part. I liked Plastique's demon voice even if the judges and other queens kept saying it fell flat. Fight me.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hate is a very strong word for me. At worst I tend to just like some queens less than the others. Hell I'm a Laganga apologist (though largely due to her non drag race stuff). At the end of the day I just love watching drag queens.

I just can't stand Silky.

Even if I assume the rumors about her sexualy assaulting another queen turn out to be bogus her frequent jumps to unsolicited bodily contact/touching make me uncomfortable. Her excuses in untucked this week were just bad. I don't know what she was thinking.

I feel for everyone who personally has to deal with her bullshit.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

You know what, I admit there was one decent part. I liked Plastique's demon voice even if the judges and other queens kept saying it fell flat. Fight me.

I agree. It was at least a joke, and at least it made sense. The rest of the skit was barely even trying to be funny.

Sparkle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

impossiboobs posted:

I agree. It was at least a joke, and at least it made sense. The rest of the skit was barely even trying to be funny.

Sparkle.

tbh that whole conversion therapy section of the Mariah one could have worked if it were a bit more cohesive. Plastique's demon voice whenever she said Ariana Grande would probably have been funnier if there was more emphasis on A'keria being an Ari stan at all.