Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Got a double on the X banner today:
Jecht BSB
Wakka BSB

I'm tripping blitzballs over here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

Auron's USB1 on realm draw.
Auron's USB2 on daily draw.

With his glint and AOSB I think it's time to put some spheres into Auron.

edit: in the future is there a better source for 4* vitality motes. 10 mote per 60 stam is kinda soul crushing to grind.

DaddyBigBucks fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 16, 2019

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

DaddyBigBucks posted:

edit: in the future is there a better source for 4* vitality motes. 10 mote per 60 stam is kinda soul crushing to grind.

no but as a consolation, they replace the boss with a harder one

maybe if you're lucky someday they'll put them on half-stamina for a week or two

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Indecisive posted:

no but as a consolation, they replace the boss with a harder one

maybe if you're lucky someday they'll put them on half-stamina for a week or two

Wait what

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

DaddyBigBucks posted:

I think at some point they make it 30 motes for sub-30.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I’m working on the Curada Nightmare today. I stupidly got rid of my three Rank 4 Diaga spells after the Evrae Nightmare. In today’s meta, are there more useful 4/5* spells for me to create vs. making a bunch more Diagas? I’m just worried about running out of hones.

Right now I have:

R2 De’Dia
R4 Diaga
R5 Ultra Cure
R2 Holy

Also throwing in two summoning holy spells, although I don’t know if those are useable in this far or not.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

With that arsenal you might be able to brute-force the encounter? All the Guardian's parts have defenses on the order of 3* magicites but the Guardian itself only has <150K HP while its minions have 9999. What do you have for MND or MAG buffing options, or as a long shot WHT-based BSBs?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

NGDBSS posted:

With that arsenal you might be able to brute-force the encounter? All the Guardian's parts have defenses on the order of 3* magicites but the Guardian itself only has <150K HP while its minions have 9999. What do you have for MND or MAG buffing options, or as a long shot WHT-based BSBs?

I’ve probably got a lot of options there (I’ve been around a while but am bad at team-crafting and organizing my poo poo).

Right now party is:

Onion Knight (USB2? Forbidden Wisdom)
Tyro (SG, not GodWall)
Elarra (USB)

I’ll go see what I can do for WHT BSB/USB options to go with it. I didn’t realize the health pool for Guardian was that small.

Edit: Added Arc USB and Minwu BSB and will give that a shot.

Referee fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 17, 2019

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

IllegallySober posted:

I’ve probably got a lot of options there (I’ve been around a while but am bad at team-crafting and organizing my poo poo).

Right now party is:

Onion Knight (USB2? Forbidden Wisdom)
Tyro (SG, not GodWall)
Elarra (USB)

I’ll go see what I can do for WHT BSB/USB options to go with it. I didn’t realize the health pool for Guardian was that small.

Edit: Added Arc USB and Minwu BSB and will give that a shot.
All the Nightmares were gimmick fights, and the Guardian might be the most gimmicky of them all. The original concept was about playing hit potato with the target locks, which honestly was pretty easy to deal with so long as you manually blew up a Launcher in phase 1. (Otherwise the timing would kill someone because they were being removed too slowly.) Hell, the gimmick was such that you could go in without Hastega and still beat the encounter. So with 2+ years of power creep you can very quickly destroy it so long as you expose the Guardian itself.

So far as your current setup goes, by all means run with those characters because they all get synergy and OK+Ellara will destroy many things on their own. In fact OK's mUSB is still good enough that he was part of my chainless clear for the KH D350.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

NGDBSS posted:

All the Nightmares were gimmick fights, and the Guardian might be the most gimmicky of them all. The original concept was about playing hit potato with the target locks, which honestly was pretty easy to deal with so long as you manually blew up a Launcher in phase 1. (Otherwise the timing would kill someone because they were being removed too slowly.) Hell, the gimmick was such that you could go in without Hastega and still beat the encounter. So with 2+ years of power creep you can very quickly destroy it so long as you expose the Guardian itself.

So far as your current setup goes, by all means run with those characters because they all get synergy and OK+Ellara will destroy many things on their own. In fact OK's mUSB is still good enough that he was part of my chainless clear for the KH D350.

Yeah, that setup won first try, although I had three players defending by the end because they were out of useable stuff (it did not help that I assumed Doctor Mog telling me to bring cures was because they would damage the boss, as they did to Evrae Altana. gently caress Doctor Mog.)

Thanks for the help! Trying to get to Magicites by the end of the weekend. I’m way far behind.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

oh the other guy is right, they did update it to 30 motes per dungeon, the bosses do get upgraded tho

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

so I've been gradually grinding out 4* magicites for the past couple weeks, starting with Maliris and I've finally circled around to Ixion

I cleared it but even so what the gently caress

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Dr. Mog wants you to bring cures so you can engage with the hot potato mechanic without eating counters. :v: Any targetted effect will transfer target locks, but the Guardian and its Launchers will counter most abilities used against them. In particular PHY (eg, basic attacks) will get countered but WHT won't, and healing the Launchers doesn't matter when they still get one-shot by the Wave Cannon.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Pretty sure I brute forced the Guardian Nightmare with summons. Wear fire-resistant accessories for the counters.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

NGDBSS posted:

Dr. Mog wants you to bring cures so you can engage with the hot potato mechanic without eating counters. :v: Any targetted effect will transfer target locks, but the Guardian and its Launchers will counter most abilities used against them. In particular PHY (eg, basic attacks) will get countered but WHT won't, and healing the Launchers doesn't matter when they still get one-shot by the Wave Cannon.

The way to circumvent the gimmick is by using Summons, as they are not counted as any of the counterable abilities

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Onmi posted:

The way to circumvent the gimmick is by using Summons, as they are not counted as any of the counterable abilities
They also make the turrets instantly eat poo poo

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Flapjack Monty posted:

so I've been gradually grinding out 4* magicites for the past couple weeks, starting with Maliris and I've finally circled around to Ixion

I cleared it but even so what the gently caress

Ixion is the ur-example of why Edge's SSB gets called his USB0. The fight goes from insanely aggravating to a complete and utter joke with one single relic.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Ixion is the ur-example of why Edge's SSB gets called his USB0. The fight goes from insanely aggravating to a complete and utter joke with one single relic.

It doesn't though. Dispel still happens and it doesn't blink that.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Yes it does. Ixion's dispel is attached to a physical attack and that's why people have been taking Edge SSB and/or Arc SSB to that fight since it first popped up.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Elephant Ambush posted:

It doesn't though. Dispel still happens and it doesn't blink that.

it definitely does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZdjWZ2h9JA&t=85s

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yes it does. Ixion's dispel is attached to a physical attack and that's why people have been taking Edge SSB and/or Arc SSB to that fight since it first popped up.

Well poo poo I guess I wasted a ton of time by not taking that with me :(

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Well, poo poo. I have his SSB even! Oh well. Ingus, Dorgann, and Bartz made short work of him anyways. Why evade damage when you can reflect it back, but dirt-flavored?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Today (and yesterday's) Luck of the Realms: Auron USB1 and Zidane Glint!

Happy to have an enwind for Zidane that isn't his SSB

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

As long as you have a source of party physical blink, Ixion is probably one of the easier 4* magicites due to his fairly low HP.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

If I take Edge to Ixion what abilities should I give him?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Onmi posted:

IllegallySober was talking about how heals were suggested as a way to engage with the gimmick, so I was responding to that. If you're instead ignoring it then that's of course going to be moot. :v:

Back when this was current the suggested way to bypass the gimmick was to instead use ninja magic, because we didn't have nearly the same buff suites or access to multi-hit summons like we do know. IIRC 5* summons were just Bahamut and Odin at the time, or maybe one other (all of which had only 2 hits), and 4* summons only got 1 hit each. And yes this did have the side effect of eating a bunch of counters, which were kinda scary before everyone could get easy access to instant heals let alone instant medicas. The power creep since then is massive.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

If I take Edge to Ixion what abilities should I give him?

Dive him for doublecast and give him the 2 earth ninja abilities, he absolutely loving shreds, especially if you've got a chain.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 17, 2019

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Garnet BSB dupe. Checked and can confirm that tomorrow is in fact another day, so not too fussed about that.

Also Ixion makes me so glad I have Penelo's USB and an entrust bot to feed her meter during that fight.

Question regarding Magicite inheritance: is it better for a lv99 to gobble up another 99 or should a lv1 inherit a lv99?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

DeadButDelicious posted:

Question regarding Magicite inheritance: is it better for a lv99 to gobble up another 99 or should a lv1 inherit a lv99?

You can only inherit onto a lvl99, so the second option is impossible.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

This is what happens when I don't read things. Thaaaaanks.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Dive him for doublecast and give him the 2 earth ninja abilities, he absolutely loving shreds, especially if you've got a chain.

Oh poo poo I forgot there were earth ninja abilities.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Ever since I posted about how good my realm parade draws have been, I've pulled nothing but BSBs, half of which have been dupes :negative:

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Irvine BSB, I guess it's something for him to do when I bring him to realm stuff because he's the designated support for the realm?

I wasn't expecting CSBs and good USBs to rain down on me or anything but LotR has been pretty garbage for me so far, with only a couple decent pulls out of the pile of 5*s, and one 6*, which was a dupe.

This week I'm going to flesh out the inheritances on my earth magicite deck a little better, do probably VII's 240/280 torment, and get Quetz down. I'm not really expecting a problem given Ingus/Bartz/Cinque/Tyro/Elarra with relevant SBs.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Lucked out and got Selphie's Full Slots Cure USB, which really makes me happy because almost all of my Luck draws so far have been 5* crap and/or dupes.

How does this compare to Penelo's Dance of Rapture USB? I've been leaning on that one pretty heavily since I don't have Elarra's game-breaker, but does the major regen from Selphie's outperform the HP buff from Penelo's?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Producer Video #4 is up, with info about the 4th Anniversary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mol7dNCreSs

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

any regen besides regenga might as well not exist because it's not worth anything outside of record dungeons. only positive thing is it removes sap/poison

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Raijin LMR. gently caress me I guess!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Lucked out and got Selphie's Full Slots Cure USB, which really makes me happy because almost all of my Luck draws so far have been 5* crap and/or dupes.

How does this compare to Penelo's Dance of Rapture USB? I've been leaning on that one pretty heavily since I don't have Elarra's game-breaker, but does the major regen from Selphie's outperform the HP buff from Penelo's?

Instant heal and last stand is a good enough combo. By itself, regen is barely noticeable, but it does overwrite sap and poison. Sap and poison effectively negate last stand, so it's nice to have regen in combination with last stand.

Penelo's USB is extremely good though so Selphie's doesn't quite measure up.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Sorry to those who have had a pretty crummy Luck of the Realms, that's not fun at all. Mine's been pretty decent:

T0: Machina OSB
FFT: Ramza LMR1 (dupe)
XV: Noctis Glint
XIV: Yda USB
XIII: Vanille LMR
XII: Gabranth BUSB
XI: Curilla USB1
X: Jecht BSB, Wakka BSB
IX: Garnet BSB (dupe)

And today - Fujin AOSB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU