Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

It owns though.

How do they do the letter thing in this version? Or do they at all?

You go look it up online because gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Barudak posted:

Don't know what I expected tbh

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Samsung or Sandisk? I’m sure it doesn’t really matter but the card I have now is Sandisk and it took a poo poo so maybe Samsung is better?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've used a Samsung 128 since the Switch came out with no issues but honestly brand fail rates are all exactly the same and anything else is just an anecdote.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Barudak posted:

Nintendo crashed a 747 and had Gavin Newsom commute 747 death sentences this week, what else are they supposed to do?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

They're equally good, the important thing is to make sure you don't buy a counterfeit card since that's what causes most of the problems people have.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

They're equally good, the important thing is to make sure you don't buy a counterfeit card since that's what causes most of the problems people have.

Yeah I’m just gonna put my faith in amazon and hopefully I get a legit Samsung one.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I’m just gonna put my faith in amazon and hopefully I get a legit Samsung one.

I once bought a Samsung card (this exact one) for my phone from Amazon a few years ago that turned out to be a potential counterfeit and ran into similar issues you describe.

For my Switch I decided to grab this SanDisk Ultra card. It's only a few weeks old so I don't know if it'll end up causing issues or not but I assume the "Amazon's Choice!" sticker gives it some legitimacy.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Just got to the snowy area in Okami and it's starting to drag. I don't get the feeling this is the last act either.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Just got to the snowy area in Okami and it's starting to drag. I don't get the feeling this is the last act either.

It is the end. The games pacing is all over the dang place.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mak0rz posted:

It owns though.

How do they do the letter thing in this version? Or do they at all?

it's in the manual apparently.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Probably be another direct in April before E3 in June, right?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's the last act. You're almost there!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

April does seem likely. Probably around when they release Joker for Smash.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Mokinokaro posted:

April does seem likely. Probably around when they release Joker for Smash.

Yeah I figured they’d have to show the Smash April update somewhere because of how much they teased it last direct.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Rolo posted:

Directs are like ghosts, they only get close in your periphery. The moment you address the direct, it disappears.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

Directs are like ghosts, they only get close in your periphery. The moment you address the direct, it disappears.

Gotta be coy with the Directs.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I feel like an incredible failure for not saying boo in that post.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

I feel like an incredible failure for not saying boo in that post.

It's okay. We won't say boo about it.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

They generally don't do directs in the April to E3 period, so between the release calendar from now til then, and some pokemon news and fanfare for Joker release, i'm not expecting much of anything.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There may or may not be a Smash Direct sometime in the next 4 weeks to address the Joker/3.0 update and reveal the next DLC fighter, but I'm fairly certain there won't be any general Switch news until E3.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

it's in the manual apparently.

WiiU version only, the thing they put on the NES Online doesnt have it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

MarcusSA posted:

If you go Samsung, get the Evo Select model. Supposedly it's exclusive to Amazon. I've bought three with no complaints so far (bro's Switch, my phone, my Switch).

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

HPanda posted:

Gotta be coy with the Directs.

You're saying it's better to be indirect?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Barudak posted:

How many people would actually open up a virtual manual instead of googling it anyway? It was a cute little detail and I wish they kept it though.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Am I crazy or is there not a guide for Steins Gate Elite for Switch/PS4? The existing guides are all for the original or Vita which don’t really make sense with the new changes.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Kiranamos posted:

Am I crazy or is there not a guide for Steins Gate Elite for Switch/PS4? The existing guides are all for the original or Vita which don’t really make sense with the new changes.

Here you are.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Thanks, I didn’t realize this one would work but now it makes sense. Kinda sucks I didn’t know to get some of these flags earlier, since the email part of the game is a huge throwaway basically.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Has anyone tried Happy Birthdays on the switch? I was debating getting it or waiting for the Chocobo Mystery Dungeon. I'm sort of curious about the Light of Hope game because I love Harvest Moon, but...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Aerofallosov posted:

Has anyone tried Happy Birthdays on the switch?

is this a sequel to parasite eve 3 or something

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Aerofallosov posted:

Has anyone tried Happy Birthdays on the switch? I was debating getting it or waiting for the Chocobo Mystery Dungeon. I'm sort of curious about the Light of Hope game because I love Harvest Moon, but...

I tried the demo when it first came out and found it really strange. Worth experiencing, but it was one of those things I'd consider picking up on sale because I sure as heck didn't buy it after the demo.

Chocobo's Dungeon, though, is a day one for me. One of my favorites on the Wii. Great dungeon crawler and I'm really stoked for the buddy system.

Golgo13
Jul 27, 2018

A Ring-a-Ding-Ding!

It's a healthy addiction... :sludgepal:
Wow kids is not the switch the darn greatest thing since sliced bread? Since buying it as a Christmas present for myself I've barely played anything else.

I'm one month into dad duty and I honestly would have had to go cold turkey on gaming if it wasn't for this little wonder. Know this is a complete circle jerk post but I'm just so happy I got this thing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Golgo13 posted:

Wow kids is not the switch the darn greatest thing since sliced bread? Since buying it as a Christmas present for myself I've barely played anything else.

I'm one month into dad duty and I honestly would have had to go cold turkey on gaming if it wasn't for this little wonder. Know this is a complete circle jerk post but I'm just so happy I got this thing.

If I had had a Switch back in 2014 when we had our first child, I wouldn't have wasted such an incredible amount of time with terrible mobile games.

I eventually got better mobile games, but still. Switch rules.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Just bought a pro controller but i have some problem with it. The right shoulder button seems a little off. There's a difference between where it "clicks" in and where it actually triggers, so in games like Okami where you need to hold that button to enter paint mode, i can rapidly drop in and out of said paint mode when holding the button unless i press down on it like a mofo.

Is there anything i can (easily) do against that or should i send it in for repairs? I've only had this thing for days.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

HenryEx posted:

Just bought a pro controller but i have some problem with it. The right shoulder button seems a little off. There's a difference between where it "clicks" in and where it actually triggers, so in games like Okami where you need to hold that button to enter paint mode, i can rapidly drop in and out of said paint mode when holding the button unless i press down on it like a mofo.

Is there anything i can (easily) do against that or should i send it in for repairs? I've only had this thing for days.

Exchanging it at the store seems like it’d be faster than getting it repaired, even if you bought it online.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Golgo13 posted:

Switch is the perfect console for new parents. Got mine a month after Kid 2 was born.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If it was perfect it would have a screen on the back that showed peppa pig and sesame street

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Aerofallosov posted:

Birthdays
I picked up the PC version in a steam sale. I played it using keyboard controls and they were... very awkward and made me wish I had a controller with enough buttons. (keyboard is basically WASD + arrow because why would you use the mouse on a PC port?)

Anyway it's a strange little game that is best played when you want something a bit passive. You get a goal to "birth" a creature and keep evolving your world (older things will die out). So you get the goal of making a velociraptor but need to have enough food for it. Of course you don't just place the creatures they have to evolve!

To make the conditions you are often raising and lowering land which changes the temperature of the world (slowly) so you then go into fast forward mode and wait 4-5 minutes, maybe repeat this a few times. Look at the world spinning then say "I think I want to make an island that'd look nice!" then you gently caress around doing that.

After you complete a level in the campaign the world grows in size so it's a nice touch everything you made is a always there and you end up preserving "landmarks" which is just some funky shape of land you made early on that you happen to like. It's a pretty unique sim but it's not something everyone is going to like.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Real hurthling! posted:

If it was perfect it would have a screen on the back that showed peppa pig and sesame street

or in my 3 year old's case, Into The Spider-Verse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Kiranamos posted:

Thanks, I didn’t realize this one would work but now it makes sense. Kinda sucks I didn’t know to get some of these flags earlier, since the email part of the game is a huge throwaway basically.

That ticked me off in the original. Oh, you didn’t pick the obscure correct respond to a handful of texts the game deemed important despite all the rest of them being fluff? You’re not worthy of reading the ending.