Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

drunkill posted:

Collingwood are on track to beat Brisbane. The lions are making GBS threads the bed and will miss out on finals because of this.

Looked like a pretty dire game.

Adelaide v Geelong and Carlton v Fremantle it is, and I'd be shocked if it didn't end up Adelaide v Fremantle in the final, the conference setup remains a disaster, just lol that 3 or 4 win Carlton gets to host 6 win Fremantle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Also fresh off his racing track ban, Rhys Palmer has almost been killedin a motorbike accident

Former Fremantle Docker Rhys Palmer is in an induced coma in Royal Perth Hospital after being injured in a motorcycle accident in a southwest suburb of Perth.

Palmer was driving his motorbike with a female passenger in Bicton on Saturday about 7pm when a car collided with them.

According to a statement from the 30-year-old’s current WAFL club, Swan Districts, Palmer was not to blame for the accident.

WA Police are investigating the crash in which a 2005 black Mitsubishi Lancer turning from Canning Highway onto Murray Road collided with the 2007 blue/black Yamaha motorbike travelling along Canning Highway.

Palmer suffered serious injuries and was taken to Royal Perth Hospital, where her underwent emergency surgery.

“It’s understood that Rhys is now in a stable condition and the passenger has no significant injuries,” the club statement read.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Geelong in second place of Conference B with the lowest percentage of conference B. The cats score this season has been: 24(w), 16, 37, 19(w), 35(w), 13, 10. Two of those wins by under a goal.

Adelaide will probably break the high score record next weekend.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Fox running a 360 ad with robbo saying "we couldn't get gay married" during the pride match. Of course.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

drunkill posted:

Fox running a 360 ad with robbo saying "we couldn't get gay married" during the pride match. Of course.

So by "we" he means "myself and a bottle of Whisky"?

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Well, gently caress. Totally forgot about the Goon Golden Spoon until this moment, so missed registration and draft. 😢 that loving sucks

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hundred meter penalty to keep the doggies in the game.

Thanks gil.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Forum Joe posted:

Well, gently caress. Totally forgot about the Goon Golden Spoon until this moment, so missed registration and draft. 😢 that loving sucks

I'm gonna try and find a more visible way to get the next season and draft time out, like reminder emails or google calendar pings or something, because there doesn't seem to be a lot of options on the admin panel

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The Cats, with the worst percentage in the league at 65.5% (1.2% behind the spoon winners Collingwood) play the Crows with a percentage of 212.9% in the finals.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Geelong kicked 8.10 in the last three weeks put together, the Crows kicked 10.8 just on the weekend, I don't want to jinx it but really

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

monolithburger posted:

Tropical gently caress Storm too.

...and now pretty much every Australian band.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Lets cross to Tom Tilley, who is speaking with Blair Cottrell to hear the other side of the story

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Bulldogs let us all down by allowing two conference B teams to finish with more points than a conference A team.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Chairchucker posted:

Bulldogs let us all down by allowing two conference B teams to finish with more points than a conference A team.

Just retrospectively change to a promotion/relegation model. Top 4 conference A teams play finals, bottom of conference A plays against top of conference B, winner goes to conference A, loser to conference B

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/status/1107187704846929920
https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/status/1107190299917377542
https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/status/1107197138180595712
The system works???

Conferences suck, but this is interesting theorycrafting.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
That sounded strange since I knew the Crows had a strong percentage against both conferences, so I checked it.

Goddamn, Freo with a percentage of 235% and Melbourne with 298% against conference B teams :stare: Fair enough, then!

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
cats for the flag

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Pretty incredible stat I saw on Bigfooty. Geelong won the first game over Collingwood by a single point.

If that result was reversed, Geelong would be wooden spooners, rather than playing finals.

Meanwhile, if Collingwood's 3.5 had been 5.3, they'd be playing finals.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Football is bad

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

strap on revenge posted:

cats for the flag

:emptyquote:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The prelim against the Cats is scheduled for 12:40pm Sunday at Adelaide Oval. I guess they didn't want to deal with the hassle of a double header, so they've really missed a trick for a huge crowd and a lot of extra promotion, but since the AFL don't want to promote the AFLW at all it should have been expected.

I guess a night game would have been hard for the kiddies who have been going to the AFLW day games. Hopefully the crowd is big anyway.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 18, 2019

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

The prelim against the Cats is scheduled for 12:40pm Sunday at Adelaide Oval. I guess they didn't want to deal with the hassle of a double header, so they've really missed a trick for a huge crowd and a lot of extra promotion, but since the AFL don't want to promote the AFLW at all it should have been expected.

I guess a night game would have been hard for the kiddies who have been going to the AFLW day games. Hopefully the crowd is big anyway.

We threw the game so you could have a double header and increase the profile of the game overall and this is how you repay us you pack of backwards barrel murdering fucks

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hey AFL house made this decision, not the Crows, Adelaide actually requested an AO double header in writing

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I specifically planned my little girl's first birthday party on Sunday assuming that Saturday would be a double-header. Gahhh, the match is directly in the middle of her party :(

Might try to reschedule the party to Saturday. At one year old she won't know the difference, obviously, but it does mean having to check with family and friends if they mind changing plans.

Meanwhile, whichever team wins the match will have one less day to recover than the other grand finallist, wonderful.

The AFL legitimately cost themselves probably 10k+ extra fans in attendance.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's almost like they just don't care

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Did the AFL give a reason as to why they denied the Crows' request?

I mean, we all know it's because they don't care about AFLW, and fear it's growing popularity. But what was their official reason.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Hey AFL house made this decision, not the Crows, Adelaide actually requested an AO double header in writing

Bullshit, it’s some inbred bunyip aristocracy Adelaide hills conspiracy between you lot and the mclachlans

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

What a dumb and bad decision by the AFL

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Chairchucker posted:

What a dumb and bad completely expected and unsurprising decision by the AFL

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

This is the first time I’ve heard this specific term used in an official press announcement, but hey

https://twitter.com/TravisKing/status/1107562568950779905

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Cultural problems at Freo confirmed

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Which term, 'clinical anxiety'? Because that's definitely a real thing that affects people FYI.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Chairchucker posted:

Which term, 'clinical anxiety'? Because that's definitely a real thing that affects people FYI.

Probably the "he isn't playing because he got on the tins" part, where it would usually be "failed to meet the standards of prefessionalism set by the leadership group" or something

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
At least he doesn't have an ongoing "calf problem" which is just code for "he's a crack head". Yet.

E: But seriously, it sounds like he's got anxiety problems and he's self medicating with booze. I hope he manages to get whatever help he needs.

Periphery fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Mar 18, 2019

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://twitter.com/stkildafc/status/1107564866376622080

Also, here's a good article on the AFL's obsession with changing the rules: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-18/all-change-at-the-afl-whether-you-like-it-or-not/10910322?section=sport

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Chairchucker posted:

"poor decisions with alcohol" is incredibly specific and not the sort of thing I've heard outside of some very paternalistic American college coaches. and yeah, you usually wouldn't expect that to be shared so openly.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
He might have gotten publicly shitfaced where people may have filmed him and the club wanted to stay in front of the story.

If they had just said they stood him down for mental health reasons and footage came out of him on the piss the footy media would go into a spin about the *dun dun dunnnn* LOOPHOLES. This way they get to say he was on the piss, is stood down, has mental health issues. Gets all the key points out in the open and minimises any scandal from there.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
There is video yes.

Hes just drunk or high dressed as santa ar at a houseparty apparently. Not a good look for any footy player and certainly not for one who is new to a club.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It’s immensely sad. He obviously had a bit of trouble dealing with things over here, and thought that being back home would be the best way to address those, and it hasn’t worked out. After all the poo poo he has gone through he really deserves to get a clear run at things at some point and I hope that happens for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Just remembered to re-activate my FootyTips account