Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Cythereal posted:

I could see them going all-in on Hedorah being bright and luridly colored, like a poison dart frog. Emphasize that origin with conspicuous barrels of glowing green radioactive waste, neon blue chemicals, stuff like that.

You're describing Secret of the Ooze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Do we all hate secret of the ooze

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Don’t change Hedorah at all except for making it more slimy and make its movement better.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Don’t change Hedorah at all except for making it more slimy and make its movement better.

:yeah:

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Hedorah should basically be a spontaneous generation of the great pacific garbage patch. Sludge is old hat, make him look real plastic-like, think hollow man meets an octopus

Or gently caress that and choose a funnier monster - like Gabara.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Baragon, but he has Rie Ota's Raaaah

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

Baragon, but he has Rie Ota's Raaaah

Voting this

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Special release that dubs those back in

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Destoroyah or motherfuckin' bust for the real villain in Godzilla vs Kong, please.

It's such a cool loving monster. It's also one of the only Heisei kaiju whose design has aged well, I think. Aside from Biollante, who, while cool, isn't going to do so much as cast as a shadow on a film reel as long as Toho gets the final say in matters.

Kong beats Godzilla because of America/Primate bias, but doesn't kill him. Later on, when a bunch of microscopic climate-change/giant monster fight reawakened Ur-crustaceans show up and combine into a horrible corrosive aggregate that hands Kong his rear end, Godzilla steps in to loving murder Destoroyah before winking at Kong and being like "Fine, I'll retire, but I'll help you out on this one because this is your first shift as Protector of Earth."

The Monsterverse continues as a buddy cop franchise.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I dunno. To me Destroya was a big part of the “tokusatsuization” of the Godzilla films (yes yes I know, but I’m referring to Sentai shows, not special effects in general). Battra, Destroya, etc had a 90s “extreme” aesthetic that just rubbed me a bit wrong. It all finally came to a head with Final Wars with the Gigan redesign and (ugh) Monster X.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I dunno. To me Destroya was a big part of the “tokusatsuization” of the Godzilla films (yes yes I know, but I’m referring to Sentai shows, not special effects in general). Battra, Destroya, etc had a 90s “extreme” aesthetic that just rubbed me a bit wrong. It all finally came to a head with Final Wars with the Gigan redesign and (ugh) Monster X.

Monster X was kind of meh, but Gigan's redesign and Kaiser Ghidorah were both rad as hell :colbert:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Nu Gigan fit the movie he was in but I don't really want to see it again.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Giant Condor for Godzilla vs. Kong villain.

It fits. Giant Condor was in Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster, a film that was originally intended for King Kong to star in and whose shadow is still present in the scene where Godzilla has a weird moment with a lady. So, Giant Condor is sort of an enemy to both, King Kong in spirit, and Godzilla in actuality.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Bring back Titanosaurus for KK v G :black101:

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

If Mystery Bones of Infant Island doesn't make an appearance we riot.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Godzilla and King Kong vs Space Godzilla and Space King Kong.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Gigan would be hilariously out of place given the naturalistic feel they've gone for with the Legendary Kaiju; there's at least a sense that they are animals, just scaled up to an incredible level in beauty, terror and significance. Though maybe the next incarnation of the franchise can go full ham on the alien cyborg superweapons.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ghidorah better be an alien in king of the monsters so that the potential of Kaiju space mercenaries can be fulfilled.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Gigan would be hilariously out of place given the naturalistic feel they've gone for with the Legendary Kaiju; there's at least a sense that they are animals, just scaled up to an incredible level in beauty, terror and significance. Though maybe the next incarnation of the franchise can go full ham on the alien cyborg superweapons.

Sounds like it's king ceasars time to shine!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

mandatory lesbian posted:

Sounds like it's king ceasars time to shine!

A giant monkey-dog martial artist would be kickin rad. Maybe a distant cousin of Kong. He can teach him Kong Fu.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Open Marriage Night posted:

Godzilla and King Kong vs Space Godzilla and Space King Kong.

Kong riding Godzilla, using Rodan as a sword and Mothra as a shield

Space Kong uses King Ghidorah as a flail

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG8shc73XOQ

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm really shocked that we haven't gotten even a fansub of that show

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Choco1980 posted:

I'm really shocked that we haven't gotten even a fansub of that show

Same. I totally want one.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Kong cannot beat Godzilla alone, so Universal should just dial up his intelligence even further until he just builds Mechagodzilla himself.

Have Kong just be a literal mad scientist who invents all of Godzilla's enemies while an increasingly bewildered Godzilla keeps breaking his poo poo, Megaman vs. Wiley style. Humanity is completely obliterated by the start of movie 2.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/GodzillaMovie/status/1107310697858269185

Few seconds of new footage.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/willsloanesq/status/1107401531731701762?s=21

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Who the gently caress is Jeff Wells

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Someone who knows a lot about projecting

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Desumaytah posted:

Kong cannot beat Godzilla alone, so Universal should just dial up his intelligence even further until he just builds Mechagodzilla himself.

Have Kong just be a literal mad scientist who invents all of Godzilla's enemies while an increasingly bewildered Godzilla keeps breaking his poo poo, Megaman vs. Wiley style. Humanity is completely obliterated by the start of movie 2.

One helluva Planet of the Apes prequel

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

godzilla has always had an apple bottom. its where his power comes from. he had just woken up from hibernation last movie. he had to get back into shape. rotund.

ill probably walk out of GvK if kong gets godzilla clean. that would be some lame poo poo.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

To be fair, he's built more like a champion power lifter than america's fat dad.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also Godzilla's been WAY fatter in other movies.

GMK he straight up had a beer belly

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Tekne posted:

america's fat dad.

I don't know, he's built a lot like Daniel Cormier.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I don't know, he's built a lot like Daniel Cormier.
Ghidorah is Jon Jones in body and soul.

The king has always been an evil bastard, but I love how this incarnation practically radiates malice.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Godzilla and Kong reconcile their differences and team up when near death Kong utters the words "Mothra"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You're the ten thousandth person making that joke. There have been at least two comics made to illustrate that gag.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

i won't be the last

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Tekne posted:

Ghidorah is Jon Jones in body and soul.

The king has always been an evil bastard, but I love how this incarnation practically radiates malice.

Truth.

This film can't come soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

From many pages back.