Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noonsa
Jan 18, 2003
For the love of god, anything other than the
Does Panzerstorm even count as a map? It only has one mode, Conquest. Unless they changed it recently, I haven't booted this game up since Apex came out.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Noonsa posted:

Does Panzerstorm even count as a map? It only has one mode, Conquest. Unless they changed it recently, I haven't booted this game up since Apex came out.

They added another grand operations with it that’s actually fun but grand ops is still a bad mode so

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Noonsa posted:

It's in Breakthrough now, I believe.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

They added another grand operations with it that’s actually fun but grand ops is still a bad mode so

Panzerstorm GrandOp loving owns.

I’m constantly amazed how utterly wrong the PS4 crew seems to be.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Beastie posted:

Panzerstorm GrandOp loving owns.

I’m constantly amazed how utterly wrong the PS4 crew seems to be.

Well, you can be a mensch and read his comment as "it's good but it's in a playlist that's diluted by being 80% crap"

Or you can read it as whatever stupid poo poo you did so you can bleat about everyone but you being wrong.

You decide.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

All of the grandops are fun. The only map that sucks on any mode is Hamada.

You guys can go back to shooting the ground in front of you now.

Edit: I'm just loving with you guys, you're alright.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 15, 2019

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Beastie posted:

All of the grandops are fun.

Ah, I see

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Yeah thats a big red flag

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Almost as big a red flag as thinking bf one had better vehicles and more weapon variety (I guess it works if you consider each hellreigel skin to be variety)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lawl.

Anyways, does someone have an uncle at Nintendo who can reveal if and when we'll get a u.s. Pacific theater campaign?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The Bananana posted:

Anyways, does someone have an uncle at Nintendo who can reveal if and when we'll get a u.s. Pacific theater campaign?

lol there is no way.

Maybe Russians at some point. Maybe.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I love Chomp but he's dead wrong. You're absolutely going to get a Pacific Theater expansion.

How big will it be? That's the part in flux. It might be 2 maps and a handful of weapons and vehicles. Basically lip service. But you'll get it.

A lot is riding on MTX that's launching after Firestorm.

That's all I'll say.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't think they would bother to make a Japanese army and then only make two maps.

I guess I should say that when I claim "there will never be a Pacific theater", I mean they will never actually have a proper United States versus Japan fight with appropriate equipment and vehicles. I'm not counting some nonsense with one map of Brits versus Germans at some obscure Pacific encounter nobody has ever heard of.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

What's this firestorm even add. Some BR mode I won't play and a helicopter?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
speakina bf4 it's on sale for 5 bux so I bought it lol never played this one

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Unlock the UCAV ASAP

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
great times tonight y'all

wargod i do like that you rolled those ~15 people like 4 times apiece in that last game

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

Gunshow Poophole posted:

great times tonight y'all

wargod i do like that you rolled those ~15 people like 4 times apiece in that last game

Nice to be playing after 2 months so that was fun.

If you want to play BF4 let me know! I still have it installed but I'm not sure how many servers are left that aren't just operation locker 24/7 10 million tickets

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Every time I play 4 it’s filled with absolute supreme skylords with repair bitches.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Y’all are welcome to come blow up skylords in BF4 with me any time. Nothin better than landing a dank TOW or sabot shell on an attack jet sperg to ruin their 40 kill streak.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Havent played this in a hot minute but if anyone wants to play some rush, i’m playing now.

Psn: ghost_throw

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

My BF opinions feel like the polar opposite of most of you. I thought 3 and 4 were terrible outside of the sound design. So terrible that I nearly gave up on the series. I can’t say I enjoyed anything about them at all. 1 brought me back to the series and became my favorite. 5 dropped and it is my favorite BF by miles.

I guess we can all agree that Bad Company 2 is a flawless beautiful masterpiece.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Gunshow Poophole posted:

You are brave as hell, I can't imagine starting from zero when basically everyone left playing has everything maxed out already.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Kilometers Davis posted:

I guess we can all agree that Bad Company 2 is a flawless beautiful masterpiece.

Yeah this is universally accepted

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

red19fire posted:

You are brave as hell, I can't imagine starting from zero when basically everyone left playing has everything maxed out already.

Well you've seen me play every other bf game so

It's brave and or stupid

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

All call, PS4 buttkrew, we've got 5 on

Looking for 8

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

https://youtu.be/309gBQ0yKR0

https://youtu.be/qg4dxxsD9jI

https://youtu.be/nEdx-dfpJnQ

They're all about 25 seconds

Love throwing knives

Check out the last video to see some buuuullshit

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lmao that middle one is grea,t they might as well be queued up coming through a doorway

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
This is my first battlefield since 1942 and I like it but I also haven't played anything else so :shrug:

I'm also not particularly excited for firestorm, IDK

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Put together another clip collection from the last week and a half of BF4 pilots eating poo poo (including the #7 and #21 attack jet pilots in the world, so it's the spergiest of the skyspergs going down).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjMiXi2xURg

Noctone fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Mar 19, 2019

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
V is on sale for about £30 (~$45), what's the consensus? I've been waiting for a sale but that's still pricy enough to make me hesitate.

Also who's buying the £80 deluxe version, jesus

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Deluxe version was only (kinda) worth it to get early access, there's absolutely zero reason to pay for it at this stage (the cosmetic bonuses are a complete fuckin joke). Personally I think the game is kinda dogshit right now so I wouldn't recommend buying it any time soon unless Firestorm miraculously turns out to own. Some people really love the game though so you may hear otherwise.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Yeah this is universally accepted

Ehhh the map turning to the surface of the moon with no cover kinda sucked on some maps because the defenders got an impossible advantage.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Noctone posted:

Put together another clip collection from the last week and a half of BF4 pilots eating poo poo (including the #7 and #21 attack jet pilots in the world, so it's the spergiest of the skyspergs going down).

I would pay drat good money to see Golmud in the current build of Frostbite.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Hot Diggity! posted:

Ehhh the map turning to the surface of the moon with no cover kinda sucked on some maps because the defenders got an impossible advantage.

just a metaphor for the fuitility of aggressive imperialism

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

sunday at work posted:

I would pay drat good money to see Golmud in the current build of Frostbite.

Damavand peak

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

Pretty sure that was the one with a jungle Rush map where you might as well not bother tryna spawn in cause there's a bunch of dudes standing behind every spawn point waiting to dome your away-facing idiot rear end. Kinda like people sometimes do to planes spawning on the G flag runway on Hamada, just, like, everywhere, the entire game.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

Friar Zucchini posted:

Pretty sure that was the one with a jungle Rush map where you might as well not bother tryna spawn in cause there's a bunch of dudes standing behind every spawn point waiting to dome your away-facing idiot rear end. Kinda like people sometimes do to planes spawning on the G flag runway on Hamada, just, like, everywhere, the entire game.

BC2 had some interesting map design for Rush mode (attackers have to jetski across a lake to get to the first set of objectives and then have no cover) but it was fun as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

When will I be able to customize my pilots and drivers, and their loudouts?!