Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Wirth1000 posted:

That's some powerful revisionism. What strain are you experimenting with?
It's not revisionism. Honda really would not listen to anyone outside of Honda and their inexperience-in-F1 engineers made a hash of it for far too long. For example, putting far too much faith in simulations and single-cylinder engines and taking too long to start pounding an actual engine on the dynos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm not saying Honda is blameless. I'm saying they're not at all to blame. If anything I'd say it was 50/50 for the blame. It was two initially dumb as hell people getting together, one got their life together and moved on, and the other now peddles coke at half the going rate.

edit: not ALL to blame.

Wirth1000 fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 17, 2019

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-floor-damage-hamilton-australia/4354516/

Lewis had floor damage. Bottas loving sucks and he would have lost easily if Lewis wasn't managing a broken car.

If this is true (the floor damage) then it's going to be a boring season at the front and the battle will be for 2nd place.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

daslog posted:

If this is true (the floor damage) then it's going to be a boring season at the front and the battle will be for 2nd place.

All it means is Bottas will win by 10 seconds instead of 20.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-floor-damage-hamilton-australia/4354516/

Lewis had floor damage. Bottas loving sucks and he would have lost easily if Lewis wasn't managing a broken car.

Of course he did. It's always not Lewis' fault when he doesn't win.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah Lewis had a broken floor the exact moment when Punished Bottas had a better start and straight passed him. gently caress off Toto bring Niki back

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Lewis clearly lost enough pace he was never going to take the lead. At that point it was more important to pace his tyres to make sure Max late-stopping didn't see him pass him at the end. The gap to first is an irrelevant number.
I don't understand why, three years in, F1 journalists don't understand tyre management is half this formula and Merc's Achilles heel when pushed on it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I wonder if Bottas used up his "one random race where he has an absolutely amazing launch off the line" quota for the year though.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

iospace posted:

I wonder if Bottas used up his "one random race where he has an absolutely amazing launch off the line" quota for the year though.

yes, also "why not both?"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

ImplicitAssembler posted:

It's always not Lewis' fault when he doesn't win.
Sometimes it's Nico's fault that Lewis doesn't win :hitler::hf::hitler:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

iospace posted:

I remember him bottling up a lot of starts last year so yea that’s about it for him. He also turns into a puddle of poo poo when someone is going to pass him so I will enjoy this while it lasts all of one week

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm not saying Honda is blameless. I'm saying they're not at all to blame. If anything I'd say it was 50/50 for the blame. It was two initially dumb as hell people getting together, one got their life together and moved on, and the other now peddles coke at half the going rate.

edit: not ALL to blame.
McLaren were 100% to blame for the chassis weakness during the Honda period.
Honda were 100% to blame for the shambles of their engine programme.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was Boattass. This is Punished Valteri

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

iospace posted:

Also RIP Big Crush on Chad OMG for a week.

Are we doing this now or wt the end of the season

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I'm fully stoked to see Valtteri "Rosberg" Bottass clinch the 2019 WDC

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

GramCracker posted:

I'm fully stoked to see Valtteri "Ros'boss'berg" Bottass clinch the 2019 WDC

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Valtieri has come to
Pd mgsv loving sucked

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Don't be a coward you're clearly doing it now.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Wirth1000 posted:

Also, you know, they fully expected Danny R. to sign the new contract and then they panic-promoted Gasly into the seat.

And Gasly was all they had because no one coming up in the programme has enough points for a super licence. That's how Kvyat ended up back in the Toro Rosso too alongside Albon.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

Valtieri has come to
Pd mgsv loving sucked

Its cute how hard you go for your "worst opinions of all time" gimmick

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm excited, to see what happens in the next race when the mighty Scud stop sandbagging.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Sulphagnist posted:

And Gasly was all they had because no one coming up in the programme has enough points for a super licence. That's how Kvyat ended up back in the Toro Rosso too alongside Albon.

Kvyat is coming full circle and will replace Gasly at Red Bull in 6 race time while Gasly gets demoted back to Toro Rosso.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Kvyat owns

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Weird story of the day, Honda engineers can actually smile:

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wirth1000 posted:

Kvyat is coming full circle and will replace Gasly at Red Bull in 6 race time while Gasly gets demoted back to Toro Rosso.

That would be so good you could eat it.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Pablo Bluth posted:

McLaren were 100% to blame for the chassis weakness during the Honda period.
Honda were 100% to blame for the shambles of their engine programme.

The only reason Honda appear to have their poo poo together now is because Red Bull let them set fire to every Toro Rosso engine last year with 0 consequences.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It would be easier to do it post race than post season

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OhsH posted:

Its cute how hard you go for your "worst opinions of all time" gimmick

Nice post!

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

i'll take "things nobody will ever say to docgonzo" for the price of your tumor, Alex.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

OhsH posted:

i'll take "things nobody will ever say to docgonzo" for the price of your tumor, Alex.

Alright, here we go...

The path of the chickencheese is depraved. Dark. Twisted. The life experiences of unknowing individuals has clustered into what you see now.

God bless drugs and alcohol.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

Don't be a coward you're clearly doing it now.

Where’s your Toxx you max loving bitch

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Really wanted to see Lee Clark overtake Vettel. Oh well, next time.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress team orders sharia law could have at least trailed behind the frog man

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

My fantasy team didn't do so well this week. :saddowns:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Where’s your Toxx you max loving bitch
I toxxed for Max already.
Might make some more but not in a rush to make bad toxxes like yours.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Can someone please verify for me that doctorgonzo and myself are in fact separate people? That this isn't some fight club scenario where doctorgonzo posts are, in fact, just me? Thanks.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
Looking forward to when they have to redo the F1 intro video half way through the season because of the inevitable driver changes

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Facts right here

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

I toxxed for Max already.
Might make some more but not in a rush to make bad toxxes like yours.

Nah you just made some weak sauce ones that have no chance of coming true. Shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Nah you just made some weak sauce ones that have no chance of coming true. Shameful.

Weaker than a ladder missing a rung and a leg