Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

daslog posted:

LOL Americans don't watch F1

Hey some of us do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

uXs posted:

I think Bottas has said this was the first time he had a winter without being sick? Something about the weight limits being changed so it was much easier on him now.

So that may have something to do with his performance.

The rules were changed so that each driver has to weigh a minimum of something like 175 pounds and drivers who weigh less get ballast added to the cockpit to make up the difference. Apparently, they got tired of anorexic drivers and that helps Bottas.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zhel posted:

Hey some of us do!

thanks for ruining formula 1 and grand prix racing

#neeeeuuum #engineeredinsanity

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

According to Ferrari Le Clerc got on the radio and asked if they wanted him to overtake Vettel or just hold station behind him.

Now clearly I'm not a man who makes snap decisions on tiny details but that is some pansy poo poo right there. I hope Le Clerc turns that around soon and develops a bit of a spine otherwise I can't see him besting Vettel over a season.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

According to Ferrari Le Clerc got on the radio and asked if they wanted him to overtake Vettel or just hold station behind him.

Now clearly I'm not a man who makes snap decisions on tiny details but that is some pansy poo poo right there. I hope Le Clerc turns that around soon and develops a bit of a spine otherwise I can't see him besting Vettel over a season.

It's his first race for the team the he has dreamt of driving for since he could ride a bike. Let's give him 3 or 4 races to grow into the role of insecure egomanic Ferrari driver.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

Nostro Charles playing the smart game and letting Vettel meltdown all of his own accord, exposing himself as the fraudulent pissbaby he is, before swooping in to provide the Scud with a second era of such supreme dominance you all say 'gently caress this, I'm going to watch Formula E and post cat memes on Reddit over a steaming hot bowl of boiled horsemeat' and leave the smart people of this thread to ScudPostTM without your smooth-brained, racist prejudice against good, hard-working lads from Italy and Monaco.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It being "only the first race" makes no difference - you get the same points for each.
If you're OK with them pulling team orders at race 19 to keep the championship challenge closer, you should be OK with it in race 1.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

How do you know? Were you there?

Nelson Sr. and I were guiding him in

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

It being "only the first race" makes no difference - you get the same points for each.
If you're OK with them pulling team orders at race 19 to keep the championship challenge closer, you should be OK with it in race 1.

What's the opposite of galaxy brain?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

Your posts

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

That's extremely upsetting

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

Stegosaurus

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Wirth1000 posted:

Watching a bunch of Bottas interviews following the win and even before it and he's definitely changed.

If I had to describe the change he just seems like a much more.... steely person now. Almost assholish and stand-offish. The beard and his tone definitely makes him seem really ruthless. He used to have a cheery vibe but the 2018 winless season, the immense criticism, and whatever he did over the winter has turned him into a guy who is voluntarily going back for a 3rd tour of duty in Vietnam having come back home to find himself labeled a baby killer, his wife ran off with his brother, the kids don't even recognize him, and his family are scared of him so he does the only thing he knows and goes back to war a much more gruffer, ruthless, and determined person to wade through that jungle with his brothers in arms to stump the encroaching communist scum but ultimately knows that this is a forever war with nothing to gain except more death, grief, and harrow yet this is his reality and he does the only thing he can do which is try to make sure that some of his comrades make it out of this hell alive because just maybe... just maybe they have a chance at a normal life back home something that he's lost but as long as he can ensure someone makes it back, has a family, raises them right, and they thrive then just maybe he can find some sort of self-worth in his continual sacrifice of his humanity and soul.

Bottas owns.

:same:

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I liked cheery Bottas.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

iospace posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing Bottas win a WDC, as long as it's not Hamilton

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Khablam posted:

Lewis clearly lost enough pace he was never going to take the lead. At that point it was more important to pace his tyres to make sure Max late-stopping didn't see him pass him at the end. The gap to first is an irrelevant number.
I don't understand why, three years in, F1 journalists don't understand tyre management is half this formula and Merc's Achilles heel when pushed on it.

F1 journalists are bloggers who exist to invent drama for clicks even if there is no drama. I really hate how they play dumb.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'm not smart enough to know what's really going on most of the time and catch the "journos" playing dumb but when they do it it's a fantastically irritating thing and if you ever see an interviewee being an rear end in a top hat it's probably because the [British] "journalist" asking the questions is the most obnoxious poo poo stirring hack who should be ashamed of themselves

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

freeranger posted:

It's all down hill from here for Haas, they don't have the budget/development to keep up with the rest of the midfield teams. I wouldn't expect them to drop out of the top 10, but don't see them challenging the top 3 teams.

Of course they won't challenge the top 3 teams!!!! You have any idea how young haas is and how little money they have compared to merc / ferrari?

The fact you're even thinking of comparing them to merc shows how amazing they're doing. Perspective!!

It is downhill from here for haas, but as long as its only a little downhill this will be their best season ever.

They could even score more points than red bull since gasly is terribad.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
haas purposefully hosed up pitting in australia to create a tradition for themselves.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

OhsH posted:

haas purposefully hosed up pitting in australia to create a tradition for themselves.

"The wheels falling off" is a perfect summation of their 2019 season trajectory. It's really rather beautiful.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
What was that orchestral music the kept using during the Sky F1 previews, sounded like it was from The Dark Knight or something?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

OhsH posted:

Ironically it broke because they were so concerned of a repeat of last year, that when there was an issue the wheel gunner went OTT on the force. That's why it sheered off several laps later and wasn't an immediate drop off.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Seems happy to me..... :finland:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is that a hover kiss? His own wife is fake kissing him for a photo without touching him the way a Hooters waitress would do with some random drunk twat?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
they don't want to upset Lewis too much

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
i'm the guy in the back

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

That’s happiness from last year unless he just shaved.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
not much of a beard anyway

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is that a hover kiss? His own wife is fake kissing him for a photo without touching him the way a Hooters waitress would do with some random drunk twat?
He processed this encounter like any robot would - he grew a beard to finally touch his wife.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Keyser_Soze posted:

Seems happy to me..... :finland:

If Bottas wants a shot at the title he has to banish his wife to another room like Rosberg did so he can spend his nights alone stress-crying into a pillow.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Or banish women from his life entirely like Lewis. It leads to many WDCs apparently

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Or banish women from his life entirely like Lewis. It leads to many WDCs apparently

It checks out. I'm in a happy relationship and completely and utterly incompetent at everything I do.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

NtotheTC posted:

It checks out. I'm in a happy relationship and completely and utterly incompetent at everything I do.

Would you like a job at Williams?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Are there still pictures of Meryl Streep on the wall at the HQ?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

MZ posted:

What was that orchestral music the kept using during the Sky F1 previews, sounded like it was from The Dark Knight or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AYy-BcjRXg
Are you talking about the official F1 theme?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Tsaedje posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AYy-BcjRXg
Are you talking about the official F1 theme?

That doesn't sound like the Shift-F1 theme...

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of music this Wednesday im going to a Paul Mccartney show. Im pretty excited about that!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

Speaking of music this Wednesday im going to a Paul Mccartney show. Im pretty excited about that!

Fucks sake. Pretend I linked 'Popular' by Nada Surf because this app is as garbage as Lowtax's spine.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont understand that post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Wirth1000 posted:

Watching a bunch of Bottas interviews following the win and even before it and he's definitely changed.

If I had to describe the change he just seems like a much more.... steely person now. Almost assholish and stand-offish. The beard and his tone definitely makes him seem really ruthless. He used to have a cheery vibe but the 2018 winless season, the immense criticism, and whatever he did over the winter has turned him into a guy who is voluntarily going back for a 3rd tour of duty in Vietnam having come back home to find himself labeled a baby killer, his wife ran off with his brother, the kids don't even recognize him, and his family are scared of him so he does the only thing he knows and goes back to war a much more gruffer, ruthless, and determined person to wade through that jungle with his brothers in arms to stump the encroaching communist scum but ultimately knows that this is a forever war with nothing to gain except more death, grief, and harrow yet this is his reality and he does the only thing he can do which is try to make sure that some of his comrades make it out of this hell alive because just maybe... just maybe they have a chance at a normal life back home something that he's lost but as long as he can ensure someone makes it back, has a family, raises them right, and they thrive then just maybe he can find some sort of self-worth in his continual sacrifice of his humanity and soul.

Bottas owns.

So he became Finnish again basically.