Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Has Donald Trump Twitted about both sides of the mosque shootings having bad people in them yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Jerry Cotton posted:

Has Donald Trump Twitted about both sides of the mosque shootings having bad people in them yet?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1106520743855251456

Next time he's free speaking at a gathering of his base, he'll probably slip up, though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

catching up on news from NZ, jfc

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Randler posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1106520743855251456

Next time he's free speaking at a gathering of his base, he'll probably slip up, though.

Yeah, I 100% refuse to believe he wrote any of that because it's coherent.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

he was busy threatening to send biker gangs after democrats or some poo poo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

he was busy threatening to send biker gangs after democrats or some poo poo

Ah, taking a page from the Vladimir Putin Guide to FascismDemocratic Governance book I see.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Pirate Radar posted:

This poo poo’s nuts. I don’t even know what to say.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

There doesn't seem to be a history megathread in SAL, so I'll ask here: if I wanted to see which politicians opposed the Title of Nobility Clause in the Constitution, how would I go about doing that? (Google has failed me utterly so far)

I seem to remember hearing in the John Adams HBO miniseries that Adams proposed being able to give Americans noble titles while serving as Washington's VP and got laughed out of the chamber over it, but I don't remember for certain and I can't find any record of it. Is that accurate or am I making it up or did the show make it up or what?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

loquacius posted:

There doesn't seem to be a history megathread in SAL, so I'll ask here: if I wanted to see which politicians opposed the Title of Nobility Clause in the Constitution, how would I go about doing that? (Google has failed me utterly so far)

I vaguely recall some sort of controversy about Jerome Bonaparte, that might be a place to do more researching?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
was there much opposition to it? it was included in the articles of confederation as well

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/DaRealSamBB/status/1106432318665703425

australia is handling this well

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

49 people or more died due to someone shooting and it's those 49 people's fault, who could have known.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I think that guy is basically the Steve King of Australia.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

manlet

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Doing the "OK" nazi hand sign, too.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

pangstrom posted:

I think that guy is basically the Steve King of Australia.

a kid egged him and got off without being charged

https://twitter.com/katherinefirkin/status/1106785667898466304

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
think i'm just going to sink into a drunken mist this weekend. only to honor my heritage you understand

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
and no one tried to talk me down. i see how it is

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

You do you, but I can fully understand and maybe even support this course of action here. Go nuts!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

think i'm just going to sink into a drunken mist this weekend. only to honor my heritage you understand

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

and no one tried to talk me down. i see how it is

I feel like you don't know your audience all that well.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
https://twitter.com/lrbbookshop/status/1106919280921247744?s=21

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
avs please give exmarx his account back

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
If someone could get a tiny tie on that bird that sweet jacket could probably get him seated in some really good places.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I can't figure out how to embed this

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

right click image -> open video in new tab -> copy .gifv link

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
it's kind of amazing that the protests in france are still going strong and you don't here a peep about it here

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

it's kind of amazing that the protests in france are still going strong and you don't here a peep about it here

Here in Canada the yellow vest protests have been taken over by alt-right white supremacists and our media is terrible at separating the 2 ideologies. Not sure which is worse.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

we get reports on them on weekly basis in our news, and it’s been quite quiet for a weeks now, last weekend presenting a noticeable flareup

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Furnaceface posted:

Here in Canada the yellow vest protests have been taken over by alt-right white supremacists and our media is terrible at separating the 2 ideologies. Not sure which is worse.

The right wing media spun the yellow vests into anti immigration anti big government poo poo before the mainstream media even picked up the story, so this was inevitable.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Guess people are getting used to everything after all, even this many people protesting over something.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Lurdiak posted:

The right wing media spun the yellow vests into anti immigration anti big government poo poo before the mainstream media even picked up the story, so this was inevitable.
Yeah, after it started and with a couple exceptions, in US media it came up from right wingers as a prop against gas taxes, addressing climate change, etc. And then crickets. If it mapped more cleanly onto one of the dozen axes people grind on constantly we of course would hear about it constantly, but it doesn't so it's barely there.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Goddamn that midwestern flood sounds/looks brutal.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

pangstrom posted:

looks to be the worst in about 25 years

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'm obsessed with this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37DHXrFfwrE

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

pangstrom posted:

There's a little creek forming up at the base of the "levy" at the end of the parking lot at my workplace. If you stick your ear by the sinks inside you can hear water gurgling inside the pipes. It's not even April and there's still 20 inches of snow on the ground in Minnesota. This year is gonna be the worst since '93.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1107747463631388673
cool