Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Serious low voiced Martin telling the boys he really loves them is best Martin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Martin and Eddie are about equally good in my book.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Roz is awesome tho and the everyman foil to the Crane brothers' snobbery.

Hopefully Frasier and Niles never joined in video games together because they'd probably end in violence.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’ve always thought one of those credit gags that they do should be daphne coming into her room and grabbing her purse or something then leaving and Niles comes out of her closet with her bra and panties smelling them and also he’s naked with a boner

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That sounds more like a reasonably accurate depiction of their marriage than a gag.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Roz is awesome tho and the everyman foil to the Crane brothers' snobbery.

Hopefully Frasier and Niles never joined in video games together because they'd probably end in violence.

NILES: Oh Frasier, you simply must come by our fabulously extravagant apartment with built-ins resembling a library. Daphne has purchased one of those delightful little game machines, the Nimtemdo Woo--

FRAS: Actually, I believe it's a Wii, Niles.

DAPHNE: Not in the living room you don't.

*applause *

*some jokes about Crane athleticism*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

They are basically Mario and Luigi. That probably makes Martin Bowser. Or maybe Cranky Kong.

Mario's even implied to be a lot more wealthy than he looks and Luigi is a huge wannabe snob.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Daphne the character sucks, but also they could have replaced that actress with anybody and it'd have been just as good, maybe better.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Even Rosie Perez?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

I’ve always thought one of those credit gags that they do should be daphne coming into her room and grabbing her purse or something then leaving and Niles comes out of her closet with her bra and panties smelling them and also he’s naked with a boner

Hahahaha I wonder what that with smell like hahaha

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

oldpainless posted:

There’s basically an episode that’s just 20 minutes of this but sadly w/o boner. Every time I bring it up one or two Frasierholics will Kramer in here to tell me how that episode is good and funny and not hosed up and creepy at all.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

There’s basically an episode that’s just 20 minutes of this but sadly w/o boner. Every time I bring it up one or two Frasierholics will Kramer in here to tell me how that episode is good and funny and not hosed up and creepy at all.

That's the one that ends with Daphne threatening to quit til Frasier buys her a car. It does at least acknowledge their behaviour, even if it started well-intentioned, is creepy and inappropriate as well as unnecessary if they'd bothered to establish proper boundaries.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Even Rosie Perez?

Man, I forgot she existed. Wonder what she's up to these days.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Titus was a great show.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

PhotoKirk posted:

Titus was a great show.

Seriously so underrated. Apparently he’s a great stand-up and I’ve never heard another comedian say anything but nice things about him.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Bust Rodd posted:

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

If I remember right there's also a really weird gag where Daphne says all her brothers, except for the gay one dancer, shared a common coming-of-age moment of peeping on Daphne in the shower. It's doubly-gross with "...wait, her brothers got up to peeping her in the shower?" and the "lol gay" joke.

Also that episode had Niles claiming that Maris had sexual intercourse with him so overall I think that episode took place in the alternate hell dimension where airliners struck the World Trade Center, killing thousands.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LOL THOSE WACKY 90’S

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Maris fucks.

After Niles raw-dogs Lillith he says they eat Eggs Benedict after they pound it out.

Niles has Eggs Benedict like once a year.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Martin and Eddie are about equally good in my book.

god drat be incorrect why dont you

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I'm watching the one with cuddy from house and she is hot as hell

That's my Frasier story thanks for reading

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Watch more Frasier! It's good for you!

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i'm watching cheers and sam wants to watch tv at dianes house and he has to go and grab the TV from the closet and set it up on the table and it's this tiny lil 5" screen lmao

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

food court bailiff posted:

i'm watching cheers and sam wants to watch tv at dianes house and he has to go and grab the TV from the closet and set it up on the table and it's this tiny lil 5" screen lmao

To be fair Diane is a giant pretentious weirdo

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Calaveron posted:

To be fair Diane is a giant pretentious weirdo
Diane is the strawman version of Second Wave feminism that turned out to be true to life and TERFy as gently caress in the 21st century.

I really like the episodes with Lillith in them.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
It's always difficult for me to pick between Lilith and Roz as the hottest woman on Frasier :sweatdrop:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

i gotta say the first season of cheers is really rough and nothing special but there have been some season 2 episodes that are just slaying me

cliff: 'ey, diane? i never took a karate lesson in my life, could ya get me to the hospital quick? had me actually laughing out loud despite how clearly telegraphed it was

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

i gotta say the first season of cheers is really rough and nothing special but there have been some season 2 episodes that are just slaying me

cliff: 'ey, diane? i never took a karate lesson in my life, could ya get me to the hospital quick? had me actually laughing out loud despite how clearly telegraphed it was

Oh my god and then Diane carrying him fireman style up the stairs, holy poo poo that was when the show undoubtedly won me over

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Quote-Unquote posted:

Mercy!

She also shows up in the first episode of The West Wing

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I never had a Sony Watchman :negative:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

the second half of the Christopher Lloyd 2-parter opens with coach describing the previous episode and coach-ing it all up but there's no laugh track and it makes the whole thing bleak and awful instead of funny

*picture of the artist and Diane flirting*
coach: I'm worried! .....I can't remember where my daughter lives!

:psyduck:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qFULWpNkGg

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

lmao sam shot he own rear end

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

this show has gotten so much better so quickly

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, Cheers does the "have a character pull a gun" thing an awful lot for a comedy about bar flies.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Quote-Unquote posted:

:hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwYwYW5YjlM

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, Cheers does the "have a character pull a gun" thing an awful lot for a comedy about bar flies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_b2hknGxfs

:colbert: you ignorant fool

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

can you imagine a world where kelsey grammar didn't secretly murder nicky colasanto in '85 to earn a more prominent role on Cheers?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

can you imagine a world where kelsey grammar didn't secretly murder nicky colasanto in '85 to earn a more prominent role on Cheers?

Worth it imo, even though Woody sucks and his girlfriend sucks on toast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

all coaches have it coming