Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Alhazred posted:

In Norway newspapers have actually stopped printing Phantom strips because they don't think it's good enough.

Did he... go to Australia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

:negative:

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames

TheNamedSavior posted:

The 24th or 25th apparently,

Well, so much for that.

Good Night, Sweet Prince. May you be remembered as the strip that climaxed on the main hero forgetting he has two hands.

Best Worst Comic Strip Ever.

And thank you, SA NSM Threads I lurked obsessively, for helping me get through hard parts of my life with your hate-love for this gloriously stupid comic. May your brains avoid the falling of bricks.

Thank You.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

WE'RE NOT DONE YET!

TSA-Man! :spidey:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

omg please let this end with someone finding the spidey suit

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

WE'RE NOT DONE YET!

TSA-Man! :spidey:

He's gonna get outed as Spider-Man, get arrested for all the incidental destruction of the city (not to mention a hospital in Miami, and various Lenny related destruction in LA), and then sued into oblivion by all the owners of theaters, hospitals, and other buildings.

The last strip will be Peter in jail and MJ having to move in with Aunt May.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

When a TSA agent wants to speak to you it always makes you seem more innocent when your wife stage-whispers you something in secret.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's gonna get escalated to the president again and Trump will lock him up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tunicate posted:

Trump reads the Bugle as his only newspaper source.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
It's really going to be the end of an era if the next strip reveals Peter actually anticipated this problem for once in his life.

TheNamedSavior posted:

Well, so much for that.

Good Night, Sweet Prince. May you be remembered as the strip that climaxed on the main hero forgetting he has two hands.

Best Worst Comic Strip Ever.

And thank you, SA NSM Threads I lurked obsessively, for helping me get through hard parts of my life with your hate-love for this gloriously stupid comic. May your brains avoid the falling of bricks.

Thank You.

:3:

Although personally, I wouldn't call this hate-reading. Ducking into the comic strip megathread I saw a lot of comics that were just painful and weird (which is why I didn't start reading that thread regularly, lol).

NSM is completely nonsensical, but overall it's just really lovable. The art's wonky, but it's never an eyesore. The plots never make sense, the dialogue is stuck in time, but somehow it's totally charming.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Have you seen Border Patrol: Australia's Front Line? Because Parker is hosed.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The Kid grew up and is now a surveillance chief. Peter is going to get brought to his room and he'll just ask why he still isn't an Avenger. The End.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Well you see this webbing is still viable and might germinate in I UNDERSTAND SIR THAT IS NOT RELEVANT I'M TELLING YOU YOU SHOULD HAVE DECLARED THIS

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
"Is this Raccoon your son?"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

David D. Davidson posted:

"Is this Raccoon your son?"

Sir you did not declare this raccoon!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We'll never get to see MJ's reaction to an apartment full of deflated balloons when they return from Australia. :(

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Please let the final panel be the "why arent you an avenger?" kid

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
"Sir, you appear to have a dead purple man in your suitcase."

"No no, it's fine. He's just hibernating."

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

He packed the lead lined security blanket.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TSA Agent: Mr Parker, we opened your suitcase and there is no Spider-Man suit inside.
Peter: Of course not, I didn't want you know that I, Peter Parker, am in fact secretly Spider-Man.
TSA Agent: ...but... but we all know. We've always known. Look the fellas and I got together and bought a backup suit for you to pack.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This would make me so happy.

Oh nooooo

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I am going to miss this comic, I really am.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Tunicate posted:

This, but Stan Lee is the president and I never stop crying over this terrible amazing comic.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The final panel is Clown 9 turning toward the reader:

"I CAN SEE YOU!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

E the Shaggy posted:

The final panel is Spider-Man turning toward the reader:

"YOUR MONITOR IS ACTUALLY TURNED OFF... PETER!"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I've burnt through my backlog of 1977 Spiderman, so now it's going to be one or two a post.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Does MJ know at this point that Peter is secretly a Spider Man?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Qwertycoatl posted:

Does MJ know at this point that Peter is secretly a Spider Man?

In a word, no. She won't be written as definitely knowing but it's up to you to read it as though she does know. In 1984 MJ revealed to Peter in the comic books that she knows, and then later on it was revealed that she always knew. But here in '77 in the comic strip everyone's operating under the assumption she doesn't.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Haifisch posted:

I've burnt through my backlog of 1977 Spiderman, so now it's going to be one or two a post.

I absolutely adored how insane MJ used to be.

It also actually led to a really good Spider-Man scene where Pete is having a bunch of problems with his personal life as usual and MJ is being her usual kind of shallow and fun-seeking self and complains he's being a downer. Pete basically tells her he's going through some poo poo and if all she cares about is fun all the time she can go find it somewhere else. She heads to the door and instead of leaving just closes it and spends some time trying to help him. Peter and MJ are perfect and I will never forgive Quesada basically.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 18, 2019

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Dad, you're the end.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"Maaad lad" is a mannerism that seems to have disappeared at some point, but it's amusing to see Aunt May gets all her news from J Jonah Jameson.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Peter Parker, the absolute mad lad

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Push El Burrito posted:

It also actually led to a really good Spider-Man scene where Pete is having a bunch of problems with his personal life as usual and MJ is being her usual kind of shallow and fun-seeking self and complains he's being a downer. Pete basically tells her he's going through some poo poo and if all she cares about is fun all the time she can go find it somewhere else. She heads to the door and instead of leaving just closes it and spends some time trying to help him. Peter and MJ are perfect and I will never forgive Quesada basically.

"But Peter, you hardly ate a thing!"
"Oh I had a big lunch, Mrs. Watson. But ah, you're not worried I'm about to drive your niece into the middle of a superhero battle?"
"Hush now and run along. I took out an insurance policy on her years ago!"

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Push El Burrito posted:

Wait MJ used to be Cheryl Tunt?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Maad About the Lad

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Party Boat posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Push El Burrito posted:

Peter and MJ are perfect and I will never forgive Quesada basically.

:hai:

I'm so glad Newspaper Spider-Man's brief dalliance with keeping in line with main comics continuity got abandoned and they went,"Nah Peter just had a months long dream about fighting bad dudes" and went straight back to a happy marriage that could only be made better by the inclusion of a beautiful space-son racoon.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Party Boat posted:

We'll never have a new thread to use this title. :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh no what if he finds out i dont wear anything under this shirt! :spidey:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

oh no what if he finds out i dont wear anything under this shirt! :spidey:

Off-panel, MJ is winding up the ol' pipe-throwing arm.