Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

kensei posted:

I added Voit via the auction to my kept Sanchez and Judge so I am a huge Yankees fan this season. Dunno how to feel about that.

I had a team last season like that and I felt dirty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kensei posted:

I added Voit via the auction to my kept Sanchez and Judge so I am a huge Yankees fan this season. Dunno how to feel about that.

It's cool.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I did a draft with my 17 year H2H friends league last night. Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it’s the lack of good options... 5 guys didn’t even pick a catcher.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

What is the Voit consensus?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

fawning deference posted:

He's a beast, I have many shares. He has been batting cleanup for the loving Yankees.

DRAFT THIS MAN. THE HONKY TONK MAN.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I grabbed him based on speculation he will be the FT 1B. Batting around with Judge and Stanton and God willing a resurgent Sanchez, he should be a monster.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

drat I didn't know he was hitting cleanup. Sheeeeeit

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

For what rank he's at on ESPN's boards, he's amazing. So worth it.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Ditto on Voit. Boone has said they won't carry two 1B and it looks like he's ahead of Bird, so expect full PT and hitting in the heart of that lineup. I've only had one draft so far (I have four this week, yikes) and got Voit at pick 221. I'm pretty excited.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Bregor posted:

Ditto on Voit. Boone has said they won't carry two 1B and it looks like he's ahead of Bird, so expect full PT and hitting in the heart of that lineup. I've only had one draft so far (I have four this week, yikes) and got Voit at pick 221. I'm pretty excited.

I took him at 165 in our goon keeper league because I wanted to make sure I got him, and even there he feels like a bargain.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

DRAFT THIS MAN. THE HONKY TONK MAN.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 18, 2019

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Miguel Cabrera is really deep in leagues, too. There's bargains in them there 1B hills.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
For those of you looking for a little pop at third base, Jung Ho Kang is going to be the starter going in to the season. He hasn't made a lot of contact this spring, but when he does, the ball is getting hammered. 5 for 20 with 5 home runs.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I also got Voit super late (275) in my 14 team 5x5 H2H league. Seems like there’s just too much opportunity to ignore there.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
You'd think someone who mashed at every step of his career other than his first 1/3 season in the majors would get a little more credit. But has he been named the starter yet? Bird is hitting even better so far.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Monday_ posted:

You'd think someone who mashed at every step of his career other than his first 1/3 season in the majors would get a little more credit. But has he been named the starter yet? Bird is hitting even better so far.

With Hicks on the DL, the Yankees may start the season with both Bird and Voit on the roster. Boone has already talked about Voit hitting 3rd or 4th in the order though, I think he's going to be given every opportunity.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I will regret not drafting Luke "Mike Trout" Voit

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Simpsons Reference posted:

I will regret not drafting Luke "Mike Trout" Voit

It is likely.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

Inspector_666 posted:

It is likely.

Man, now I feel a little bad for him being stuck in the city. Aside from fishing there's not a lot for a country boy to do out here.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Just need one more person for a full 12 teams in the Fire and Forget league, where you could be the proud owner of Luke Voit if you want to!

invite link

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Just need one more person for a full 12 teams in the Fire and Forget league, where you could be the proud owner of Luke Voit if you want to!

invite link

Well I was GOING to join, but apparently I have reached the maximum allowed free leagues :lol:

It's 8 if you're curious.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Well I was GOING to join, but apparently I have reached the maximum allowed free leagues :lol:

It's 8 if you're curious.

sounds like someone needs to make a second account

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

IcePhoenix posted:

invite link

gently caress it, I'm in.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

You ever see a trade go down where you can't really veto it, while at the same time respecting the confidence in the owner getting a sweet deal and can't fathom what the other owner was thinking?

I saw a Ronald Acuna for Stephen Strasburg swap, and part of me wanted to hit that button out of spite, but it's not collusion, just idiocy.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Kimbrel needs to sign somewhere, the bum.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Inspector_666 posted:

gently caress it, I'm in.

I just got Puig with pick #69, I win this league.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

I wish I had more than my 1 share of Puig this year. He's gonna have a monster season in Cinci.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

confirmed

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol

resident
Dec 22, 2005

God damnit.... I was back at my parents in the central time zone when I saw the draft time update to 7:30. I’m loving dumb.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
aaaaaand consider them all forgotten.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:lol:

vvv not my team lol vvv

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 19, 2019

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

By the all-star break you uh...will have most of a pitching staff?

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
This is what a squad of champions looks like.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also here's my team, third pick

I'm kind of ehhhh on it but it could be a lot worse. I took a lot of risks though so I will probably end up bottom third.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Also here's my team, third pick

I'm kind of ehhhh on it but it could be a lot worse. I took a lot of risks though so I will probably end up bottom third.

Who went at 2 if Mookie was there at 3?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Who went at 2 if Mookie was there at 3?

Arenado

here's my team, picked 6th.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Oh motherfucker. Second year in a row someone has caused me to miss the draft

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

________/

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I even changed the day for you!