Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Back to the goddamn er, because even though this poo poo was dealt with days ago I'm still pissing ketones.

My endo is pissed I was discharged. Choice words during the call were "stupid" "negligent" and "incompetent".

Woo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I watched a baseball game to see what they are like. 2 hours and 40 loving minutes later.......... I kinda liked it. Pretty chill to watch.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Baseball is fun once you catch on to the subtle strategies. Line ups and shifts and whatnot. Great way to relax and watch the chess match, in person it's even better, I'm lucky and have an MLB ballpark right down the road from me as well as spring training parks all over the place.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I don't like watching baseball on TV but I love going to a game in the late spring or summer. It's so much more entertaining with sun and fresh air, and the whole thing unfolding right in front of you.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Yeah, baseball is for watching in person, or listening to on the radio while you work on a car. I can't really enjoy it on TV.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yeah, I've never given a single poo poo about baseball but going to Brewer's games at Miller Park in the summer is a lot of fun, especially with the "convertible" stadium roof.

Sidenote, apparently American Family Insurance bought naming rights for the stadium, so instead of Miller Park for the last bajillion years it's now going to be American Family Park. :what:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

That's ok, it's not like anybody is going to call it by the new name unless they're paid.

Just ask Sears, err Willis tower.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Back to the goddamn er, because even though this poo poo was dealt with days ago I'm still pissing ketones.

My endo is pissed I was discharged. Choice words during the call were "stupid" "negligent" and "incompetent".

Woo.

It's weird, because DKA is such a no-brainer that's its kinda nice to see it in between shenanigans and WTF cases.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I'm just as flummoxed as you.

I'm also mood swingy as gently caress and about to call someone stupid if I hear the sentence "but your blood sugar isn't that high" again.

Yeah. I loving know. I've been giving myself a 10 unit bolus three times a day for a loving week, in addition to normal corrective doses plus 50% and downing more than a gallon of water a day. Celebrate the fact I can still walk.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm not diabetic but I decided to start stabbing myself in the finger a couple times a day just for research purposes and as part of a switch to a mostly-protein & vegetable diet, and it's kind of interesting to see what different food/etc does to your blood sugar. Turns out drinking like 6 beers the night before will reduce your blood sugar bigly before bed, and then inflate it wildly in the morning. I have to assume diabetics know this, but it's interesting to me as an outside observer.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
That's uh,

That's how I originally caused the problem. I'm not drinking for a long, long time.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I couldn't understand the appeal of baseball until I listened to it on the radio. I think it's dull as hell when watching it but listening to the game being narrated works for me for some reason. Though the times I listened to it were during an internship where I didn't have the option to just kill time on my phone and I haven't listened to it since.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Bajaha posted:

That's ok, it's not like anybody is going to call it by the new name unless they're paid.

Just ask Sears, err Willis tower.

Or the White Sox stadium. You can tell how old people are by whether they call it Comisky, The Cell, or Sox Park

I've never heard anyone call it by its real name, Guaranteed Rate Field, because that name blows goats

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ours is Tropicana Field or "The Trop" for the Rays. Not a bad name honestly.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Great way to relax and watch the chess match

This reminds me, I have a problem. I loving hate chess. (That's not the problem, that's my son's problem) my problem is that my son loving loves it and I'm the only other person he knows who plays it, so I play it, and so far, kick his rear end into the weeds every single time. But he's getting better, and wants to play it more and more often, I think he's looking forward to beating me, which is great to see and encourage, but...

I really hate chess. Wonder if I can get him to alternate with backgammon. I can play backgammon for loving ever.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Try other strategic games like risk?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Oh man, do I watch a lot of baseball. I played for many years as a kid (at a pretty high level, for Canada at least), and I still enjoy watching. Plus with my job being full of downtime, I have ample opportunity to do so.

The Door Frame posted:

Or the White Sox stadium. You can tell how old people are by whether they call it Comisky, The Cell, or Sox Park

I've never heard anyone call it by its real name, Guaranteed Rate Field, because that name blows goats

Thank goodness for Fenway Park. :)

My "local" MLB park, if you can call Seattle local when it's 600 miles away, is now T-Mobile Park...not a great name, but they're just swapping one sponsor for another so meh.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
FedEx Forum has an okay ring to it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The Murph....

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Let me tell you about Cowboys Stadium - AT&T Stadium, I think? Nobody calls it that but the announcers. Don't even get me started on how it's not even in Dallas county, much less Dallas itself.
Also, whatever field it is that the Texas Rangers pretend to play at. I literally don't know what it's called now, they've changed it enough. "The Ballpark" is pretty much the default now, from when it was "The Ballpark At Arlington" (which sounded pretentious as hell.)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Elmnt80 posted:

Try other strategic games like risk?
Did you just suggest playing Risk to de-escalate a potential family argument?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Darchangel posted:

Let me tell you about Cowboys Stadium - AT&T Stadium, I think? Nobody calls it that but the announcers. Don't even get me started on how it's not even in Dallas county, much less Dallas itself.
Also, whatever field it is that the Texas Rangers pretend to play at. I literally don't know what it's called now, they've changed it enough. "The Ballpark" is pretty much the default now, from when it was "The Ballpark At Arlington" (which sounded pretentious as hell.)

Its not my fault my hometown gets all the cool poo poo. (After I've hosed off to the hellscape that is central florida that is.)

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab5WvwfLuLM

I don't think I've laughed this hard at a SNL sketch since Cowbell.

Holy gently caress. All I know is I'm still on the right side of history.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
baseball game on the radio while you are wrenching is extremely good poo poo

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Adiabatic posted:

I'm headed out for a while to focus on other stuff. I'll see y'all again soon.

Nice custom title, noob.

So I can't post pics other than super extra large from my phone atm, but I just rented the most ridiculous vehicle I've ever been in... a super stretch, tandem axle Escalade. It deliciously over the top.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Tremek posted:

Holy gently caress. All I know is I'm still on the right side of history.

Can't Knock The Hustle is surprisingly catchy, but honestly what started souring me on Weezer was seeing them live in what must have been 2001. The only large-scale concert I've ever been to where I was underwhelmed.

Foo Fighters, on the other hand, is the complete loving opposite. I'm pretty sure Dave Grohl could find a way to deliver more than advertised if his job was narrating grass growing.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

baseball game on the radio while you are wrenching is extremely good poo poo

Amen.
Somehow the banter and pace of the game just work.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

Can't Knock The Hustle is surprisingly catchy, but honestly what started souring me on Weezer was seeing them live in what must have been 2001. The only large-scale concert I've ever been to where I was underwhelmed.

Foo Fighters, on the other hand, is the complete loving opposite. I'm pretty sure Dave Grohl could find a way to deliver more than advertised if his job was narrating grass growing.

I think Dave Grohl and the rest of the Foo Fighters (Taylor Hawkins etc) on the whole are rad. Even if there's a decades-old peak in the stuff of theirs that I enjoy, at least they're seemingly not phoning it in or making cynical nostalgia cash grabs at this point in their careers.

For my part we saw them at Red Rocks more than a decade ago and it was a good show.

~*~more opinions on the internet~*~

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I am starting AA soon. Might have saw where I was in the hospital well fellas that was my fault and while I wasn’t forced the doctors said I could either walk out of the hospital that day and have maybe a few more years or I could get some help. I chose the help and I’m trying to change my life (again).

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
That’s a tough call to make, but we’re glad you did!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Wally Joyner posted:

Amen.
Somehow the banter and pace of the game just work.
The best part is you'll never miss anything exciting.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

everdave posted:

I am starting AA soon.

You can do it. :thumbsup:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

everdave posted:

I am starting AA soon.

Start it now, don't wait. You've had a rough year-plus. We're with you.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Finally shot a roll of film and got it developed.

I need more practice.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
holy poo poo a lot has happened in the last 382 posts.

I don't know where to begin so I'm gonna just pick up here.
Film is cool and good.

Also, I'll be 33 in a few hours.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Happy birthday! Take pictures!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Tremek posted:

I think Dave Grohl and the rest of the Foo Fighters (Taylor Hawkins etc) on the whole are rad. Even if there's a decades-old peak in the stuff of theirs that I enjoy, at least they're seemingly not phoning it in or making cynical nostalgia cash grabs at this point in their careers.

For my part we saw them at Red Rocks more than a decade ago and it was a good show.

~*~more opinions on the internet~*~

I don't think Dave Grohl is capable of phoning it in. Dude busted his ankle on tour and just propped his foot up and did the concerts anyway.

everdave posted:

I am starting AA soon. Might have saw where I was in the hospital well fellas that was my fault and while I wasn’t forced the doctors said I could either walk out of the hospital that day and have maybe a few more years or I could get some help. I chose the help and I’m trying to change my life (again).

Good on you for taking action.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Thanks to all, it is appreciated more than you can know

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Tremek posted:

I've seen them twice. I had a bit of a moment during the second time when he introduced Breakout as something old, and then realized just how old that "newer" Foo album was.

Then he threw in "your minivan-driving-rear end" into the beginning of the song. gently caress it, time marches on, enjoy it. Also, this:

Liquid Communism posted:

I don't think Dave Grohl is capable of phoning it in. Dude busted his ankle on tour and just propped his foot up and did the concerts anyway.

Also, good job taking care of yourself everdave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Doom Patrol is so good and weird and has awesome music.

There's something eyeroll worthy every episode, but its super charming if you can roll with it.