Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Admiral Ray posted:

LD50 for THC isn't really known since it's a loving lot. As an example, we've fed dogs and monkeys 3 grams/kilogram THC/bodyweight and they didn't die. This is comparable to a 150 lb person eating 46 lbs of pot.

Thanks!

Heliogabalos posted:

A plant you can walk into a field, pluck a bud from, and light up or mix into food without industrial application in its simplest accessibility. Unprocessed, unrefined, and almost wholly unharmful. Alcohol is completely different as it does not occur commonly in nature, the plant has to undergo deliberate fermentation etc and it can be distilled and made exponentially more dangerous which is also not possible with THC.

It's possible to extrapolate from implication. And thanks whoever mentioned belladonna, wow I am just awestruck by your blazing analytical skills because that is such a valid comparison golly thanks einstein

Sure, whatever dad. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

9 is old enough to mine coal.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Heliogabalos posted:

A plant you can walk into a field, pluck a bud from, and light up or mix into food without industrial application in its simplest accessibility. Unprocessed, unrefined, and almost wholly unharmful. Alcohol is completely different as it does not occur commonly in nature, the plant has to undergo deliberate fermentation etc and it can be distilled and made exponentially more dangerous which is also not possible with THC.

It's possible to extrapolate from implication. And thanks whoever mentioned belladonna, wow I am just awestruck by your blazing analytical skills because that is such a valid comparison golly thanks einstein

I have no particular dog in this fight but god drat this is a dumb point

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I wouldn't say having a lovely time is an overdose. Hell if I have a couple puffs I'm anxious as gently caress and it's terrible. Barring insane circumstances a person can't really get enough THC in their system to cause bodily harm.

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017
you can still key in codes for the cheapest of item (for example, celery instead of organic whatever) and no one pays any attention and it saves me a fuckton of money on organic produce

Depressio111117 posted:

cool thanks for contributing, I stand corrected

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

AITA for going to see a concert with sexist lyrics against GF's wishes?

quote:

I bought a concert ticket for a band I've always wanted to see since this may be their very last tour. Their music has some fairly sexist lyrics which GF of 1 month strongly objects to and she absolutely does not want me to go. The ticket was bought before i met her and i don't want to give them up as it's a good seat and somewhat expensive so i've offered to take her out to a concert or donate an equivalent amount to a charitable cause of her choice but she's not budging. AITA for deciding to go anyways?

Edit: the band is "The Rolling Stones" if that makes a difference.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Gf of one month really trying to assert her dominance.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

Gf of one month really trying to assert her dominance.

trying to keep bf under her thumb

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

PostNouveau posted:

I dunno if anyone's studied it, but in my personal experience, edibles last a lot longer and you can't turn it off. Like you're just gonna be high for 6 hours whereas if you're smoking you can just stop smoking and not be high in an hour. Usually when you hear about someone having a freakout their first time on weed, they ate something.

But I don't know if having a lovely time is an "overdose". Maybe?

Back in '98, I went over to friends at christmas and found a plate with brownies in the kitchen with a note "free for all", had 2, they were slightly burned but otherwise ok. Placed myself on the couch and hit the bong a couple of times, and the girl who made them came in. "Hi Power Khan, did you see the spacebrownies yet?"

"Uhhhh..."

What followed wasn't pleasant. I don't like ingesting stuff, and on top of the bong hits, that was way too much for comfort. The place was too crowded and loud. Paranoia creeping up, it's cold and dark outside, you can't walk it off.

A friend lived close, so I called her and she had me over. We watched a docu about rutting deer and listened to jazz, she made some tea for me and took care. Man, that was really nice of her. I was completely wheeled. No idea how I got home, but that stuff lasted throughout the next day.

Unintentionally getting high af isn't pleasant.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Power Khan posted:

Ingesting it increases the potency by a margin, but the LD50 for a kid of that weight is somewhere around 15-21g pure THC

The LD50 for THC is only theoretical AFAIK, and has never been seen in tests. Like it would essentially kill you because you crowded out your blood, not because of any specific reaction, and there’s not really a way for that to feasibly happen.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Whorelord posted:

Speaking of

AITA for not taking one of my player's complaints about being uncomfortable seriously?

Goddamn swole nerds making the other nerds look bad.

I love AITAs where the title makes me think "yes" but the text actually makes me go "Actually, no"

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Whorelord posted:

Love, it’s a bitch.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Whorelord posted:

Break up with her via text message from the concert:

"Sorry babe, you can't always get what you want."

Alternatively, donate money to Steven Tyler's charity for girls in her name.

I'd observe the real crime here is spending hundreds of dollars to go see a band that's well past its prime.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
stephen tyler adopted a 16 year old he was loving so she could tour with him.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Geoj posted:

Break up with her via text message from the concert:

"Sorry babe, you can't always get what you want."

Alternatively, donate money to Steven Tyler's charity for girls in her name.

I'd observe the real crime here is spending hundreds of dollars to go see a band that's well past its prime.

I saw them at a festival a few years back and they were great but yeah lol at paying that much.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Whorelord posted:

GF needs to chill out. I know a woman she could get some edibles from.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Power Khan posted:

Back in '98, I went over to friends at christmas and found a plate with brownies in the kitchen with a note "free for all", had 2, they were slightly burned but otherwise ok. Placed myself on the couch and hit the bong a couple of times, and the girl who made them came in. "Hi Power Khan, did you see the spacebrownies yet?"

"Uhhhh..."

What followed wasn't pleasant. I don't like ingesting stuff, and on top of the bong hits, that was way too much for comfort. The place was too crowded and loud. Paranoia creeping up, it's cold and dark outside, you can't walk it off.

A friend lived close, so I called her and she had me over. We watched a docu about rutting deer and listened to jazz, she made some tea for me and took care. Man, that was really nice of her. I was completely wheeled. No idea how I got home, but that stuff lasted throughout the next day.

Unintentionally getting high af isn't pleasant.

The only time I ever had more than secondhand weed smoke was when a friend made a batch of brownies. She swears she told me to only eat a corner, I swear she told me to eat the whole thing. Either way, I ingested about 4 times as much pot as the experienced stoners in the room.

I basically felt like my body was ahead of my brain. I'd be catching things thrown to me and eating and talking, and then not acknowledging it consciously until up to 30 seconds later that I had just done it. Then I had nausea that slowly got worse until I threw up in her bathroom. I was still kinda high all next day.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Doc Hawkins posted:

9 is old enough to mine coal.

They're called minors for a reason.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
There is a reason we don't typically leave 9 year olds at home for hours by themselves. The fact that the kid needs supervision should be a clue that you should not leave drugs disguised as candy laying out. Kids are curious. I have a 9 year old and while I hear from acquaintances that they think I am too strict with my kids, and frequently hear from strangers in public how well behaved my kids are, I wouldn't trust even a well behaved 9 year old to resist candy that is left out. Kids love candy.

What would you all think if the kid found a gun and shot a wall? Qould you all say no harm came to anyone so what's the big deal!? That kid should have known better than to touch the gun. It's not negligent to leave a gun on your nightstand when a kid is around, it wasn't in the living room. The kid shouldn't have been snooping!

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

therobit posted:

What would you all think if the kid found a gun and shot a wall? Qould you all say no harm came to anyone so what's the big deal!? That kid should have known better than to touch the gun. It's not negligent to leave a gun on your nightstand when a kid is around, it wasn't in the living room. The kid shouldn't have been snooping!

Yeah, a marijuana laced candy that you couldn't kill someone with if you wanted to and an unattended, loaded firearm are exactly the same thing...

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Geoj posted:

Yeah, a marijuana laced candy that you couldn't kill someone with if you wanted to and an unattended, loaded firearm are exactly the same thing...

In that they both fall into the category of things that only a colossal loving moron would leave laying around for children to find, yes.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

blugu64 posted:

Seriously the parents should sue the folks that made those. You shouldn’t be able to make something potentially harmful to a kid look and smell just like candy, that’s ridiculously crazy.

yeah we have to design society from the ground up assuming that literally everyone is as stupid and executively dysfunctioned as a 9 year old spoiled brat. nothing else is safe.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Geoj posted:

Well actually, kids unknowingly drugging themselves is cool and good and if you really think about it

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Thank gently caress she didn't leave a laptop out logged into the SA forums, that kid would be hosed for life

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

yeah we have to design society from the ground up assuming that literally everyone is as stupid and executively dysfunctioned as a 9 year old spoiled brat. nothing else is safe.

You can consume the drug of your choice without making it intentionally appealing to children.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

therobit posted:

In that they both fall into the category of things that only a colossal loving moron would leave laying around for children to find, yes.

There's a really, really, really deep gulf between a kid getting high and a kid playing with something that can instantly kill them as soon as they pull a trigger.

And again, it's no more dangerous (and actually less dangerous) than alcohol. Nobody would ever think that when they get told that a 9-year-old (who, again, is of the age where they should know not to be stealing stuff) is going to be spending a few hours in their house that they need to pull all of their beer and wine coolers out of the fridge and hide them in a locked closet just in case, especially if they're an adult who spends years at a time without children even entering the house. And they wouldn't think that they can't even step away for 10 or 20 minutes to take a shower without risking that kid going through their bedroom for cool stuff to take.

I would hope any parent would squarely put the blame on their kid for thinking it's okay to start rummaging through someone's bedroom and stealing food and drinks once they're unsupervised. I don't consider this any different than a kid sneaking a Bacardi Breezer out of the fridge.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

chitoryu12 posted:

There's a really, really, really deep gulf between a kid getting high and a kid playing with something that can instantly kill them as soon as they pull a trigger.

And again, it's no more dangerous (and actually less dangerous) than alcohol. Nobody would ever think that when they get told that a 9-year-old (who, again, is of the age where they should know not to be stealing stuff) is going to be spending a few hours in their house that they need to pull all of their beer and wine coolers out of the fridge and hide them in a locked closet just in case, especially if they're an adult who spends years at a time without children even entering the house. And they wouldn't think that they can't even step away for 10 or 20 minutes to take a shower without risking that kid going through their bedroom for cool stuff to take.

I would hope any parent would squarely put the blame on their kid for thinking it's okay to start rummaging through someone's bedroom and stealing food and drinks once they're unsupervised. I don't consider this any different than a kid sneaking a Bacardi Breezer out of the fridge.

It's literally candy, the most likely of all things an unsupervised child will eat.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

blugu64 posted:

You can consume the drug of your choice without making it intentionally appealing to children.

good luck making an irish creme liqueur kids wouldn't chug by the bottleful. THAT poo poo is candy.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

The alcohol analogy only works if your wine coolers don't taste like alcohol and are also orange in color and packaged in Sunny bottles.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Depressio111117 posted:

No man, see, we just eat weed flowers straight off the plant. No refinement, no processing.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

chitoryu12 posted:

You don't know many/any parents, do you?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Cool so when you guys were under the age of 10 you never ate sweets without permission?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

therobit posted:

Cool so when you guys were under the age of 10 you never ate sweets without permission?

Never, but I also completely believed in Dare.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Heliogabalos posted:

so its totally cool that i throw random mushrooms into your food because they are plants and i found them outside in a field and did not cultivate them at all?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Weed candy can't be compared a gun. Guns are actually dangerous. A wine cooler in a fridge is much more comparable-- pretty colors, nice fruity flavor, easy to open... kid could easily think it's a soda. No one would be mad at this woman about the kid getting ahold of a wine cooler in her fridge. The blame would be on the parents and the kid.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

therobit posted:

The alcohol analogy only works if your wine coolers don't taste like alcohol and are also orange in color and packaged in Sunny bottles.

Good thing nothing like that exis...

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Geoj posted:

Good thing nothing like that exis...

If you take off the "contains alcohol" labels and stick it in the fridge when a kid is coming over, you are being irresponsible.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Are there any wine coolers that actually do taste like alcohol?

E god you're being willfully dense.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

therobit posted:

Not ones that I stole from relative's bedroom without permission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
We’ve already had a poster in this thread who said their boyfriend mixed them with regular gummy bears. I mean come on, a kid who eats one could seriously get hurt if their judgment is impaired, even setting aside how damaging and scary it must be to a kid who has no idea what’s happening. Those need to be banned yesterday.