Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Ed Sheeran cameo in GoT ruined the entire show and I don't want to watch it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

really hoping for a a blue vs red lightsaber fight for all the marbles.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Red is the good guy. Expectations =subverted.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Guy Fieri cameo when. Maybe he can be eating a pie at a tavern or getting stepped on.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Guy Fieri cameo when. Maybe he can be eating a pie at a tavern or getting stepped on.

The end is a Harry Potter style epilogue showing all the child characters grown up and Adult Hot Pie is played by Guy Fieri.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

guy fieri as r’hllor aka guy fiery

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

fl'vor

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Ed Sheeran cameo in GoT ruined the entire show and I don't want to watch it anymore.

I am the ur-goon who somehow didnt know who Ed Sheeran was until then

Edit: in my defense I'd been down in the grad student crypts and forgot even the smell of pop culture, kill myself

Asbury fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 18, 2019

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

The finale will end with GRRM eating buffalo wings and then dying face down into a bowl of dipping sauce. He was yelling the story to LA Beast the entire time. Fake Sansa was thier waiter.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Season 8 of Game of Thrones will be a surprise 9th season of Entourage where Vince has to decide if he wants to be King of the North or not.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the last funny joke was made thousands of years ago, in what is known as the age of heroes

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

At least the Mastodon and Snow Patrol cameos were subtle

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018
impressions from someone who just hit season 5 for the first time:

this show is literally a dozen half-interesting personalities turned up to 100000% and hurled at eachother at maximum velocity, there are only like 3 characters in this show with brains and one of them has no balls (the show will remind you of this every 30 seconds)
when i laughed at the red wedding i realized that this show is the twitter of tv; im not enjoying it i just cant stop watching it

looking forward to seasons 6 and 7 which i hear are super good! :)

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Keep watching, it gets worse.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I have no idea who Ed Sheeran is and no idea what cameo y'all are talking about.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Who What Now posted:

I have no idea who Ed Sheeran is and no idea what cameo y'all are talking about.

it was the scene where arya sits down with a bunch of lannister soldiers and doesnt murder them. I also had no idea who ed sheeran was, I gather he's a singer

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Who What Now posted:

Do you remember a scene with a singer so bad it had to be endorsed by someone

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Vim Fuego posted:

it was the scene where arya sits down with a bunch of lannister soldiers and doesnt murder them. I also had no idea who ed sheeran was, I gather he's a singer

do you remember the overpowering urge to strangle one of the lannister soldiers in that scene? that's eddy

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
sooo...this is coming out next week or the other right?

is there any post to catch me up on the most popular leaks?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It's a bad cameo because he looks directly into the camera with a dopey smile to say "I bought this cameo for $100K buy my new album"

Even worse that GRRM writes him into his loving book

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The real tragedy is they said they only included that scene because Maisie Williams said she was a huge fan of Ed.

In other words, that scene wasn't going to exist and the lead actress said she liked a band so they dedicated 2 minutes of screen time to that because they don't know what the gently caress they're doing.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's not like they were going to use those 2 minutes to tell an interesting story, so really what was the loss?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Could have been 2 minutes of boobs.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

1 minute per boob is asking a lot of the show lately.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Who What Now posted:

It's not like they were going to use those 2 minutes to tell an interesting story, so really what was the loss?

Could have been like 3 giant stomps!

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Everyone got hung up on ol' Eddy Shee's cameo, nobody ever seems to get annoyed about the hack as gently caress scene immediately after it. Buncha Lannister soldiers sitting around all GOLLY GEE SURE DO LOVE BEING A NICE FELLOW WHO IS KIND TO MY MUM AND NOT A BAD BLOKE AFTER ALL. SURE HOPE SOMEONE'S NEARBY TO TAKE A POIGNANT LESSON FROM THIS, YESSIR.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Just here with hopes for more man rear end tbh

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Disgusting Coward posted:

Everyone got hung up on ol' Eddy Shee's cameo, nobody ever seems to get annoyed about the hack as gently caress scene immediately after it. Buncha Lannister soldiers sitting around all GOLLY GEE SURE DO LOVE BEING A NICE FELLOW WHO IS KIND TO MY MUM AND NOT A BAD BLOKE AFTER ALL. SURE HOPE SOMEONE'S NEARBY TO TAKE A POIGNANT LESSON FROM THIS, YESSIR.

then they went off and burned a farm and raped and killed the occupants an hour later. and then probaly got roasted by a dragon or hosed to death by barely sentient dothraki.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Wheres the good leaks?How many new boobs are we getting this season?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I just want to know if poo flinging is still the most popular leak out there or not

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's certainly the one that's stuck around the longest.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

You all sure didn't seem to mind the Weird Al cameo in season 3, hypocrites.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I watched a clip about possible leaks in youtube and now my recommended feed decided to pop this scene and remind me how tacky the show had become

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aO_CsqfBAo

"nO, nOw iT eNDs" :byodood:

how many other terrible scenes was the 1 year gap able to purge from my brain?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

lezard_valeth posted:

I watched a clip about possible leaks in youtube and now my recommended feed decided to pop this scene and remind me how tacky the show had become

Seth Green cameo

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

lezard_valeth posted:

Holy loly that is some baaaaaaaad everything. I think the last season I watched was where DwD ends and I'm really happy I did so. How do you even manage to do choreography that bad? And the flat, eye level shooting is just so boring.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Plus it's dumb as gently caress that the dual sword welding is played straight and not just a gimmick that he drops when it's time for a real fight.... because he's bound to the rules of reality GRRM says we should respect, including the limitations of sword fighting

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
They were also the rules of the tv series for a while, like that time Barristan got mob rushed by a bunch of nobodies and the producers fundamented that he was unprepared and not wearing armor at the time.

Then they decided flashy dumb keeps the audience shut and we got that scene, the pile of corpses of Bastardbowl and Lake Island among others.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 19, 2019

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

A 60-minute loop of that would make a good episode.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I love that they cast some dual-wielding larp lord as the guy whose entire character was that he had a fuckoff giant sword made from a mystery space metal and used it really well.

Plus adding Bran as a narrator to tell the audience that the guy was kicking Ned's rear end and that it's really gross and rude that his friend stabbed the guy in the back, and the knowledge that this is the specific scene D&D used to convince GRRM that they could do the show.

It's the perfect microcosm of everything that is Game of Thrones, the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

somehow this came up in my recs and idk whether to laugh or cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drd8dQKr-oY