Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
hey do you like mechs with four arms and a back bristling with electricity
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1107438535563505664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
there is no incorrect way to slice a pizza, you fools, you morons, you blasphemous blithering blundersome idiots

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

petty witch posted:

there is no incorrect way to slice a pizza, you fools, you morons, you blasphemous blithering blundersome idiots

Fine, you can have all the corner pieces that are 90% crust.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love the look of Lancer. I wish I could understand it.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

habeasdorkus posted:

Fine, you can have all the corner pieces that are 90% crust.

there was this local thin crust place that used to do a square cut that my lab would sometimes order for meetings. I used to always take the corner nibs because I actually really liked the crust

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
im going to slice my next pizza up into strips, roll them up, nuke them, and eat them like loving cinnabon

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

petty witch posted:

im going to slice my next pizza up into strips, roll them up, nuke them, and eat them like loving cinnabon

:stare:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I missed you so much, Av.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Mr. Lobe posted:

there was this local thin crust place that used to do a square cut that my lab would sometimes order for meetings. I used to always take the corner nibs because I actually really liked the crust

This is actually p royal. :hmmyes:

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Flashback. Per the caption text, this seems to be the Yellow City in the midst of a famine, preceding a war, around the time of the Second Conquest.

A war which I think the captions have mentioned before? I can't remember if the context was one of the passages from the Chronicler of Martial Arts Bullshit or somewhere else.

I think this also means Maya is pretty drat old.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-130-133-siege-of-yre/

We're able to piece a more of the history now.

Yellow City was "consumed by great gales and fell into the void" just before Lam, the Blue City, which fell under the siege of Yemmod. If Meti and Maya are living in Yellow City, I'm getting the impression that it will become uninhabitable shortly after the flashback we're seeing. Have to wonder if Intra being sober would have made any difference in the defence of Blue City, but I don't imagine it holds out since we know Solomon David ultimately explodes Yemmod's rear end.

If Meti/Maya was the greatest sword master living in Yellow, Intra was the greatest residing in Blue. Both city/moons don't appear to fare well even with the presence of their legendary sword wielders, presuming they provided some defence of their home city.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

M. Propagandalf posted:

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-130-133-siege-of-yre/

We're able to piece a more of the history now.

Yellow City was "consumed by great gales and fell into the void" just before Lam, the Blue City, which fell under the siege of Yemmod. If Meti and Maya are living in Yellow City, I'm getting the impression that it will become uninhabitable shortly after the flashback we're seeing. Have to wonder if Intra being sober would have made any difference in the defence of Blue City, but I don't imagine it holds out since we know Solomon David ultimately explodes Yemmod's rear end.

If Meti/Maya was the greatest sword master living in Yellow, Intra was the greatest residing in Blue. Both city/moons don't appear to fare well even with the presence of their legendary sword wielders, presuming they provided some defence of their home city.

Nice! Thanks for tracking that down. So Yellow and Blue fell to Yemmod, who ultimately falls to Solomon David. Maya makes it out of the city, but who knows what happens to Meti. Next page they're probably going to talk about the upcoming war, but I have no idea how that's going to go.

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
meti tron lives

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Nice! Thanks for tracking that down. So Yellow and Blue fell to Yemmod, who ultimately falls to Solomon David. Maya makes it out of the city, but who knows what happens to Meti. Next page they're probably going to talk about the upcoming war, but I have no idea how that's going to go.

I read it that way at first, but it doesn't specifically point to Yemmod taking Yellow, though I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

The end state of the first Rayuba does seem to paint a picture of what a world "falling into the void" looks like though.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

M. Propagandalf posted:

The end state of the first Rayuba does seem to paint a picture of what a world "falling into the void" looks like though.

Pretty sure they literally fell, into the void, because the Yellow and Blue cities were artificial moons orbiting the Red City, Throne.
So they presumably just fell forever into nothingness until the soul-flame of material creation dwindled and they despawned, because ontology in this setting has a draw distance.

Although that also seems to depend on an individual's soul flame and will, so if Meti were on one of them there is no guarantee her amphora isn't still there, with a very angry, very dead Meti tumbling forever into nothing.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Square pizza is the royal version of home made tho.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

petty witch posted:

I think I've already seen something like that in stores

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
i choose to believe that flung so far from creation, an incandescent soul could find itself less fading and more, unhindered

jadis's mistake was looking back

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This is ridiculous.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
^ Perfection. ^

Royalty is a continuous pizza slicing motion.

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
ah yes, the por que no los dos

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The Demiurges really missed the mark by conquering everything instead of opening restaurant franchises. I guess they weren't evil enough for unfettered capitalism.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Pizza Wheel Hand

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Synthbuttrange posted:

This is ridiculous.

PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Bilirubin posted:

PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!

Is Little Caesar royalty?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Burger King Of All Creation

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

This is ridiculous.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'd like extra worms for my toppings please.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The universe is a great Pie, divided by 777,777 cuts, with Throne as the little plastic table-thing at the center.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Jadis saw the wheel of creation and had to seal herself away from it, for now she knew it was topped with pineapple.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Tenebrais posted:

Jadis saw the wheel of creation and had to seal herself away from it, for now she knew it was topped with pineapple.

G L O R Y

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Disappointed that Image went back to the smaller size.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

xcheopis posted:

Disappointed that Image went back to the smaller size.

It was Operant's choice based on the dimensions of his original images; there's stuff upthread about it.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

hey girl you up posted:

It was Operant's choice based on the dimensions of his original images; there's stuff upthread about it.

Ah, ok. Thanks!

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I think it's still larger than the original run of the first book?

I just remember my copy of that being a whole lot smaller than my other trade paperbacks.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Malpais Legate posted:

I think it's still larger than the original run of the first book?

I just remember my copy of that being a whole lot smaller than my other trade paperbacks.

It is, mine are all different sizes and it irrationally annoys me. I actually like this middle size best for some reason.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I bought vol 1 late enough that it’s the same size as vol 2. Vol 3 being smaller doesn’t really bother me, but I am a little disappointed that the “four page spread” is actually two back-to-back two page spreads. Mostly though it was me just getting my hopes up too much about how they might fit something like a literal “four page spread” into a normal book.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Two fold-outs next to each other?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Renaissance Robot posted:

Two fold-outs next to each other?

That's basically what I was envisioning. But what would you do on the other side?!

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

voting third party posted:

It is, mine are all different sizes and it irrationally annoys me.

Royalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Dr Subterfuge posted:

That's basically what I was envisioning. But what would you do on the other side?!

throw in supplemental fiction related to war, id presume