Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

they weigh the plane before it takes off to make sure theres enough fuel so if you eat a big meal inflight you can tip the scale enough to cause a crash and kill everyone so eat sparingly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If everyone gets a boner at the same time the plane will become unbalanced and it will crash.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If you take enough poops on plane and they're jettisoned the plane can go further but if you do it too much you'll leave earths gravity

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

punchymcpunch posted:

they weigh the plane before it takes off to make sure theres enough fuel so if you eat a big meal inflight you can tip the scale enough to cause a crash and kill everyone so eat sparingly

Wait is this food being delivered by a second plane or something

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Scathach posted:

Wait is this food being delivered by a second plane or something

No it's just some people gain more weight when they eat

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Push El Burrito posted:

If everyone gets a boner at the same time the plane will become unbalanced and it will crash.

Only if its all on one side.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Literally Esoteric posted:

No it's just some people gain more weight when they eat

But the food is already on the first plane and accounted for. Naturally if it changed the overall weight someone would have to deliver it in the sky.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Scathach posted:

But the food is already on the first plane and accounted for. Naturally if it changed the overall weight someone would have to deliver it in the sky.

I think you'll find that people get heavier when they eat food therefore if only one half of the plane eats food, the plane becomes unbalanced and crashes. This is why airlines are legally required to offer meals to both sides of the plane

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschwitz_bombing_debate

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
They should put the plane on a treadmill if it needs to lose weight to take off

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Huh. That’s actually interesting.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah I've been weighed for flights in little puddle-jumper planes.

Also, I've been eyeballed and the ground staff guy (who also ended up being the pilot) would go "yeah you're a decent size lad, if you sit just behind me that'll be fine".

The kind of flight where the in-flight catering is a tepid cooler full of XXXX Gold behind the pilot's seat.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Gromit posted:

I've only ever been weighed once for a flight and that was out of a bumfuck tiny town in central Queensland where you all stand in a shed waiting for the plane to land and security is the dog running about the plastic tables outside hoping to scrounge a chip.

Did you give the dog a chip?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Once in Connecticut they took all the fatties to one side and put them on a different plane. After they sat them on the tarmac for a few hours they let them off and told them you're now in Boston. And nobody noticed any difference!!! :xd: lol

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Long live the new flesh.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm glad we managed to nip that derail of people posting their Flesh-Eater name in the bud.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I once got up in a nearly empty plane to go talk to my friend sitting across the aisle and the whole plane loving exploded.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Note to self: bring empty carry-on bag, fill up with heavy poo poo at the airport gift shop before boarding.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Bees on Wheat posted:

Note to self: bring empty carry-on bag, fill up with heavy poo poo at the airport gift shop before boarding.

You and your terroristical friends buy all the tickets, the whole plane full of your dudes.

Everyone does the "bring empty bag, buy tons of heavy poo poo in the gift shop" thing to make the plane super over weight.

As a result the plane crashes in the ocean.

Perfect unbeatable method!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

As the plane was nosediving into a mountain I broke into the pilot's cabin and lol'd "git gud n00bs"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Dashcon in the wild

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The best part is that if you and your dudes change your minds, you can just drink the gift shop booze to empty the bottles and lighten the plane.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the plane in lost crashed cos jack drank that bottle of airplane vodka

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

KozmoNaut posted:

You and your terroristical friends buy all the tickets, the whole plane full of your dudes.

Everyone does the "bring empty bag, buy tons of heavy poo poo in the gift shop" thing to make the plane super over weight.

As a result the plane crashes in the ocean.

Perfect unbeatable method!

Is this you?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Nice. That's a deep cut.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Shifty Nipples posted:

I never considered that but it makes so much more sense than "your phone can make the plane fall out of the sky". That is, a cellphone causing communications interference.

That also isn't the case, otherwise they'd have to make it so there aren't any cell towers within miles of any airports. The amount of power a phone puts out is nothing compared to a tower.

Also they use different frequencies for all of that stuff for a reason.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Internet Wizard posted:

That also isn't the case, otherwise they'd have to make it so there aren't any cell towers within miles of any airports. The amount of power a phone puts out is nothing compared to a tower.

Was the case. Put your cellphone near your computer speakers and you get a bunch of static/noise when data/calls happen. That's not happening because of a nearby cell tower power level. Proximity. Obviously heavy handed but that's what the policy was put in place for, people's cellphones possibly causing interference with aviation comms equipment.

And I also know for a fact it does it despite using different frequencies because I used to leave my phone by the radios in the control tower and it'd cause the same interference as it does your computer speakers and the pilots would joke knowing you aren't supposed to have your phone on in the tower.

While they relaxed the rules in the aircraft since you aren't close enough to actually cause the pilot trouble with your phone the rules still exists at air traffic control facilities.

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

Also, one of the former members of the Misfits is called Graves, dumbass.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

PaulBearer posted:

It's called a joke homie, we like to toss em around every now and again on these dead gay comedy forums

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

PaulBearer posted:

Or "Gravey"...as he liked to be called

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's called a joke homie, we like to toss em around every now and again on these dead gay comedy forums

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

BiggerBoat posted:

Or "Gravey"...as he liked to be called

Are you sure you're not thinking of The Misfits cover band The Misfats?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

If you think bag weights are for safety. Wow.

Weird they dont weigh me or my personal item. And $75 bucks makes another bag suddenly quite safe

They actually are on small flights. A former boss of mine died because the plane took on too much weight and crashed. It was a small 5-10 set Cesna, not a big jet.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It's definitely a concern, those smaller single prop planes can hardly carry any luggage at all if you fill them with passengers.

Most airlines still don't make you weigh your carry-on bag though, so you can easily fill it with bricks as long as it still fits in the overhead compartment.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
osmium bricks

:smug:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Memento posted:

Yeah I've been weighed for flights in little puddle-jumper planes.

Also, I've been eyeballed and the ground staff guy (who also ended up being the pilot) would go "yeah you're a decent size lad, if you sit just behind me that'll be fine".

The kind of flight where the in-flight catering is a tepid cooler full of XXXX Gold behind the pilot's seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRJpRu2RsSs

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Planes aren't actually flying.

The earth is retreating away from them.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Sponge Baathist posted:

Are you sure you're not thinking of The Misfits cover band The Misfats?

No, the other The Misfits cover band The Massfits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Internet Wizard posted:

I thought it wasn't actually about interfering with plane communications but more about planefulls of cell phones trying to connect to and overwhelming swathes of towers at hundreds of miles per hour.