Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

tier 10 is hot garbage. that is all.

MORE ALPHA DAMAGE. MORE!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

i AM getting SICK of playing tier 10 knowing every single time i get hit its going to be at least 700+ or take out 3 internal crew/modules, theres been like 8 tds on every other team for a bit today

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

but imagine all the tier 8s you can swat back to the garage while they harmlessly plink away at you when you get the rare chance to be top of 3/5/7 instead of thrown out of the queue after 5 minutes or pushed into a lovely grand battle

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
thanks guys I feel much better now

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

thanks guys I feel much better now

it will never get better because wargaming

do you still feel better?

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Hellsau posted:

it will never get better because wargaming

do you still feel better?

we are all made to suffer

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

but imagine all the tier 8s you can swat back to the garage while they harmlessly plink away at you when you get the rare chance to be top of 3/5/7 instead of thrown out of the queue after 5 minutes or pushed into a lovely grand battle

Turn off grand battle and assault.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Guys, please play our game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3YQSM217Lk

I mean, lets reward you for playing our game by.. giving you a discount on tank research that could have just as easily had more people playing by universally dropping research costs without a lootbox gimmick.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
From what I've seen, the blueprint mechanic is going to be glacially slow, so it'll benefit only the pubbies who completely turn their brains off or bot their accounts in T5 fixed MM tanks.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

Turn off grand battle and assault.

yeah last time i played i turned grand battle off and timed out of the queue lol

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

yeah last time i played i turned grand battle off and timed out of the queue lol

You say that like timing out of the queue and not playing is a bad thing.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Dance Officer posted:

Hey, is there a discord for eurogoons playing tonks?

2pac is super dead. There's is a deeply cursed TS server where leftover tank goons hang out, but I don't think any of them actually play tanks anymore. I played a bit in early winter, but don't really play much at all lately. Mostly apex if I can be arsed to turn on my computer.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Dance Officer posted:

Hey, is there a discord for eurogoons playing tonks?

There's a Goon Discord for Tanks, Botes, etc. I'm not sure where everyone's from, but you're welcome to join (24-hour link.)

tier 10 World of Tanks is hot garbage. that is all.

FTFY

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I haven't played since early February. It wasn't some conscious decision to quit (let's be real, temporarily) or anything, life just kind of got in the way and there wasn't anything interesting happening with the game that would draw me in.

The death of tankrewards and the stupid loving marathons that WG insists on turning everything into have really put a damper on my desire to play. The boring as hell weekend specials. Just... make the day to day experience better and stop trying to think of ways to force your remaining playerbase into playing 30 hours a week.

I could look past the litany of problems with the game just as long as WG gave me some reason to log in and play a few hours a week.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Atomizer posted:

There's a Goon Discord for Tanks, Botes, etc. I'm not sure where everyone's from, but you're welcome to join (24-hour link.)

FTFY

Yeah, I tried asking people in that discord to come play a few times, but got told "you're EU, so welp" by several folks.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Dance Officer posted:

Yeah, I tried asking people in that discord to come play a few times, but got told "you're EU, so welp" by several folks.

There was a discord server at some point too. Never used it much due to a certain French imbecile not being banned from there. Can send you the link to both servers once I get home and onto a computer...
what tiers you playing btw? Might be interested in playing a couple of games later

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

is frontline back yet

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ROFLburger posted:

is frontline back yet

It just ended, so not until April, my dude. I actually really enjoy Frontline, so I'm looking forward to it.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Dance Officer posted:

It's not really anything I've experienced because I'm in the US, but I changed one of the voice channels to the title "Eurogoons" to make it a little clearer for people in the future. I hang out in a voice channel as I play and people join eventually, do the same otherwise nobody's going to know you're on and looking to platoon.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I keep coming back and playing 3-5 games of this at a time every week or so, and I'm struck by just how insanely unfun the basic game mode is. Like not even any specific tanks or maps or game design decisions, the basic gameplay itself just isn't fun at all. Farming damage is fun and that's about it. Positioning and tactics aren't fun, because of how severely the player is punished for mistakes and how much RNG is involved. And that's before adding in handicaps for specific tanks, like the T34 I bought years ago is nearly unplayable because it's just so loving slow. I've ragequit probably 1/5 of games because sometimes you misposition yourself and you're just going to feed all your HP to the enemy, and there's jack gently caress you can do about it. I'm looking at my garage for a tank that will not be acutely unfun to play and that will advance me down a tech tree/isn't a broken joke premium tank and I'm just at a loss. I don't understand why there are so many orange and red players playing this game because it's absolutely impossible that they're having any fun at all. WG has clearly made some deal with the devil to get so many people to keep playing this poo poo in stockholm syndrome mode

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 19, 2019

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

icantfindaname posted:

I keep coming back and playing 3-5 games of this at a time every week or so, and I'm struck by just how insanely unfun the basic game mode is. Like not even any specific tanks or maps or game design decisions, the basic gameplay itself just isn't fun at all. Farming damage is fun and that's about it. Positioning and tactics aren't fun, because of how severely the player is punished for mistakes and how much RNG is involved. And that's before adding in handicaps for specific tanks, like the T34 I bought years ago is nearly unplayable because it's just so loving slow. I've ragequit probably 1/5 of games because sometimes you misposition yourself and you're just going to feed all your HP to the enemy, and there's jack gently caress you can do about it. I'm looking at my garage for a tank that will not be acutely unfun to play and that will advance me down a tech tree/isn't a broken joke premium tank and I'm just at a loss. I don't understand why there are so many orange and red players playing this game because it's absolutely impossible that they're having any fun at all. WG has clearly made some deal with the devil to get so many people to keep playing this poo poo in stockholm syndrome mode

I take it back. This is the greatest complaint out of this thread yet.

Except for the Orange and Red part. I take it that is a mod to check to see someone's W/L ratio? Because if so I get harassed a lot because of it...well I am terrible but you don't have to loving remind me!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

play race car to have fun

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Katamari Democracy posted:

I take it back. This is the greatest complaint out of this thread yet.

Except for the Orange and Red part. I take it that is a mod to check to see someone's W/L ratio? Because if so I get harassed a lot because of it...well I am terrible but you don't have to loving remind me!

yeah it's called xvm, I would recommend not using it because it doesn't add anything at all to the game and is just a reason to get salty

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Gone Fashing posted:

yeah it's called xvm, I would recommend not using it because it doesn't add anything at all to the game and is just a reason to get salty

Actually, XVM is a collection of interface mods, some of which have been incorporated into the main client (e.g. minimap enhancements) due to their usefulness. It's the stats portion that's controversial.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Atomizer posted:

Actually, XVM is a collection of interface mods, some of which have been incorporated into the main client (e.g. minimap enhancements) due to their usefulness. It's the stats portion that's controversial.

The problem with XVM is they stuck the stats mod into the main one that gave the game a usable UI. If they had left it out, this game would have been less toxic. Everyone who wanted some semi-handy UI improvements also got to see just how goddamn terrible people are at this game, and it frankly ruined things.
I'm not saying that the mod ruined things all by itself, but it sure helped the playerbase against each other.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

CitizenKain posted:

The problem with XVM is they stuck the stats mod into the main one that gave the game a usable UI. If they had left it out, this game would have been less toxic. Everyone who wanted some semi-handy UI improvements also got to see just how goddamn terrible people are at this game, and it frankly ruined things.
I'm not saying that the mod ruined things all by itself, but it sure helped the playerbase against each other.

You actually have to activate - and then renew every 14 days - the stats portion, so if that's what you don't want to see then you don't have to. You can thus still install whatever mods you like, including the XVM stuff (e.g. playerpanel/scoreboard, minimap, damage panel, hit/damage logs, etc.) and not see stats. Other people may enable stats but there's nothing you can do about that.

The XQMP/XMQP whatever 2-way integration actually shows who has it installed, and who has stats enabled. While you can't see if someone's using stats without XQwhatever, you'd be surprised how many players opt not to enable stats just based on this information alone.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
No the problem with tanks is that the casuals, the roll players, and the try hards are all playing different games with in the game. So we can't ban mods because the roll players need their tank skin or we can't ban stats because the try hards need to compare wieners.

I think WG should allow xvm et al but remove team chat. The in game communication system cover 90% of anything you need to say to your teammates w/o being a giant douche.

I know you can turn off chat but then I don't get to see the guy telling arty to TK me for not spotting.

2Jets fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Mar 20, 2019

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

2Jets posted:

I think WG should allow xvm et al but remove team chat. The in game communication system cover 90% of anything you need to say to your teammates w/o being a giant douche.

WG should bring back all chat though.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is World of Tanks down for anyone else?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

RandomPauI posted:

Is World of Tanks down for anyone else?

No, unfortunately.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
They had some server maintenance at least on the EU side this morning.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Atomizer posted:

aCtUaLlY

You're being pedantic and know full well that any time someone posts about XVM they mean the stats portion.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

CitizenKain posted:

You don't need xvm to see how terrible the playerbase is.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

You actually have to activate - and then renew every 14 days - the stats portion, so if that's what you don't want to see then you don't have to. You can thus still install whatever mods you like, including the XVM stuff (e.g. playerpanel/scoreboard, minimap, damage panel, hit/damage logs, etc.) and not see stats. Other people may enable stats but there's nothing you can do about that.

The XQMP/XMQP whatever 2-way integration actually shows who has it installed, and who has stats enabled. While you can't see if someone's using stats without XQwhatever, you'd be surprised how many players opt not to enable stats just based on this information alone.

Not originally. XVM when it was first released had nice ui improvements while also not having this renew your subscription thing. Of course, back then you also had to run your own mini webserver for it to tap for stats.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Thanks Wargaming.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

disable team chat, turn on all chat with enemy game fixed.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

Thanks Wargaming.

Yeah, 1.4.1 is a stupid update with a bunch of poo poo that nobody asked for, while tanks are still unbalanced and matchmaker is still broken as gently caress.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

When you have 80% of things in the game already researched the blue print loot box thing is kind of pointless, I guess it can help with grinding through TD's I don't play and getting the T10 lights.

I am a terrible person.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BadLlama posted:

When you have 80% of things in the game already researched the blue print loot box thing is kind of pointless, I guess it can help with grinding through TD's I don't play and getting the T10 lights.

I am a terrible person.

I have around 20 tanks left to research and over 300k in banked free exp. The credit crunch is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I miss being able to start every match by typing "GL HF Rommel was a war criminal" in allchat and watching the fireworks fly