Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

Jose posted:

when she won the leadership election the guardian gave her a glowing review about how she was going to take the tories back to true conservatism from before thatcher turned them into neolibs and would do stuff like protectionism for the steel industry that cameron abandoned lol

I wonder how much the media flattery blew up her own narcissistic image of self, or if it was always there. She was supposed to be the new iron lady, and now she's arguably the worst prime minister in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im the new queen of parliament

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

remember when the conservative party whip declared a vote was subject to the strictest enforcement of the party line and then did nothing at all when a buncha his mps ignored him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I wonder how much the media flattery blew up her own narcissistic image of self, or if it was always there. She was supposed to be the new iron lady, and now she's arguably the worst prime minister in history.

its ridiculous because her time in charge of the home office toldy ou everything you needed. she loving hates immigrants and little else

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

She was always known to be bitter, hostile, obstinate and intellectually unable to understand the concept of an alternative opinion, but you have to remember the papers have always been desperate to find the Honest Tory that the British system makes no sense without

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What does Brexit mean for the export of FakeTaxi videos?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/mar/19/mps-to-launch-inquiry-into-survival-sex-by-benefit-claimants

you get more of em

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Obliterati posted:

She was always known to be bitter, hostile, obstinate and intellectually unable to understand the concept of an alternative opinion, but you have to remember the papers have always been desperate to find the Honest Tory that the British system makes no sense without

Is this the equivalent of the mythical Reasonable Republican?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The British press is somehow worse than the US press which should be impossible and I don't know how any of them can walk around in public without being pelted by garbage.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

the Honey Monster has a cousin who is a oval office.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You say that like those two statements contradict each other in any way.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is this the equivalent of the mythical Reasonable Republican?

Yeah. It used to be Ken 'selling cigarettes to kids in West Africa' Clarke, which should tell you how throughly the barrel's been scraped

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Zeroisanumber posted:

The British press is somehow worse than the US press which should be impossible and I don't know how any of them can walk around in public without being pelted by garbage.

Usually it's not necessary because if you see one out and about they either just have or are about to go through someone's rubbish

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Obliterati posted:

Lol if you haven't learned by now that us Brits consider ourselves above explaining our actions

Me: "Doesn't UK need to justify their decision?"

UK: "No we don't, EU will do as we ask"

EU: "You do need to justify it"

UK: :monocle:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

NoneMoreNegative posted:

the Honey Monster has a cousin who is a oval office.

who doesnt tho

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

bbc posted:

"The government says it is pressing ahead with Theresa May's Brexit deal despite Commons Speaker John Bercow throwing the process into doubt."

hell yeah

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/richard_littler/status/1107956146667704321

Love the article title. :D

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Zeroisanumber posted:

They definitely have the same problem with being staffed entirely by rich failsons and faildaughters.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/teesfortims/status/1107930096013402112

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Squizzle posted:

im the new queen of parliament

Corgy packleader will be the queen of parliament

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What does Brexit mean for the export of FakeTaxi videos?
Home Office has assured us that there will be adequate hitchhiking prostitutes in the post-Brexit environment.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/BenGartside/status/1107965577300185088
https://twitter.com/aljwhite/status/1107967788474425345

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lots of policy details in that announcement.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

euphronius posted:

"Politics is broken," I say, forming yet another principles-free centrist outfit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

united for change is such a poo poo name

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Jose posted:

Look pal it worked for Obama ten years ago and as such you're a racist

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jose posted:

the radical suk zone

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

i know I fundamentally don’t understand uk politics but I thought the lib dems were your centrist party?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Drunkboxer posted:

i know I fundamentally don’t understand uk politics but I thought the lib dems were your centrist party?

Correct use of the past tense

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

a thousand bland, hollow centrist parties each squabbling for the title of 'most forgettable' is british as gently caress

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Centrists have literally no concept of how you need actual policies and actions to appeal to people.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

euphronius posted:

The politics of failure have failed. We need to make them work again. We must move forward, not backward, upward not forward.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Drunkboxer posted:

Everyone hates the Lib Dems. Including most of the Lib Dems

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

all the good ones were taken by the dozen other toothless centrist groups.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

FMguru posted:

The politics of failure have failed. We need to make them work again. We must move forward, not backward, upward not forward.

And always twirling, twirling towards Brexit!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/ComRes/status/1107935530308829185?s=19

Britain appears to be noticing that the Tories are fuckwits

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

tiggers at 7%, how???

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
the real crisis is that the government has a majority when it comes to no confidence votes but loses it when they try to vote through anything else and the system has no way of dealing with this

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

just lmaod about how article 50 was invoked 2 years ago and they did gently caress all for that whole time and now they're trying to scramble things through in a week of chaos

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

These wealthy, powerful people are about as good at their jobs as I was as a university student who never turned in anything on time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

alnilam posted:

just lmaod about how article 50 was invoked 2 years ago and they did gently caress all for that whole time and now they're trying to scramble things through in a week of chaos

It's literally impossible to scramble anything through. Even if they got May's deal passed today there's still a mountain of legislative work to make Britain Brexit-ready, and it's not gonna be done lmao